British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
weatherwatcher

What Is Going On At Leicester

What in heavens name is going on at Leicester. Just seen on the Lions website, that not only the Poole meeting has been postponed, but Swindon and Kings Lynee as well. Have the riders told the powers that be that unless they get paid then they will not race. It all seems rather fishy to me.

Is there anyone out there with more of an idea than I have what is happening.

The best thing they could do is to not bother selling the place but to give it to someone who has an idea, what they are doing, because the way things are going, I can't see BP running for much longer.

Maybe the B.P.S.A should step in and do something before the preverbiale whosit hits the fan.

Don't want to see speedway lost again after the hard work by a lot of people, to bring the sport back to Leicester again.

hasnt the Poole at home been re scheduled for Bank Holiday Monday

You may well ask, Weatherwatcher.

People having trouble getting refunds, riders owed several weeks money, matches being put back to later dates.(the Kings Lynn one is just re-arranging of the postponed one).

It all adds up to what's commonly known as "cash flow problems", something I have on occasions experienced myself, and possibly you too.

If it's gone a stage further than that, we are then talking about Insolvency, and that really does impose severe restrictions of course.

I suspect efforts are going on to resolve the cash flow problems, probably of a short term nature to try and ensure the season is completed. And if that's the case, BSPA would certainly be involved to some extent. They would not want a team unable to fulfil it's remaining fixtures at this stage of the season, that would entail results having to be expunged and create all sorts of mess.

So i doubt if you will know exactly what's going on, but it's a fair guess I'd say.

What in heavens name is going on at Leicester. Just seen on the Lions website, that not only the Poole meeting has been postponed, but Swindon and Kings Lynee as well. Have the riders told the powers that be that unless they get paid then they will not race. It all seems rather fishy to me.

The best thing they could do is to not bother selling the place but to give it to someone who has an idea, what they are doing, because the way things are going, I can't see BP running for much longer.

Maybe the B.P.S.A should step in and do something before the preverbiale whosit hits the fan.

Don't want to see speedway lost again after the hard work by a lot of people, to bring the sport back to Leicester again.

The only thing i can see on their website is the re-arrangement dates.Bank holiday Monday v Poole,Sept 1st v Swindon and Sept 10th v Kings Lynn.

Hougaard didn't know yesterday that the meeting had been called off the morning before!

I'm one King's Lynn fan that can't make the rearranged date of September 10th, nor can I make any of the other meetings that they have left. I've still got my tickets from July, but I'm now reluctant to send them back seeing as others fans are still waiting for refunds about a month later...

It doesn't and I think weatherwatcher is getting a bit mixed up as the matches are still taking place. The Poole one is now on Bank Holiday Monday (postponed due to bad weather forecast!) :blink: and the Kings Lynn one (off due to waterlogged track) on September 10th. The away one at Swindon was changed from August 18th to September 1st. Doesn't look like anything too fishy going on regarding matches at Beaumont Park but hopefully the riders pay will be sorted out quickly and the Kings Lynn fans who want a refund will get their money. Incidentally I've now found two tickets but not sure if these were the July ones. Anyone know what letter was on them? These have got H.

Edited by Gemini

Mine has H as well Gemini so they should be valid for the 10th

• Like 1

The fundamentals are solid business plans for any entertainment business even more so in speedway now days with the lack of corporate sponsorship. Running with in the region of 18 revenue days per year is just un sustainable. Compound this with lack of consistent entertainment drives a very difficult business. Very few clubs see consistent levels of attendance this in part due to the stop start of home meetings you need regularity to keep interest, some will argue due to ever increasing gps, sec etc. so what are the answers.. Utilise the arena on a more consistent basis. Promote the centre green for other sports offer loyalty schemes attend 6 meetings next visit half price. I still honestly believe within this city and surrounding shires the gates would be far better with more entertainment that I'm sorry to seem like broken record to many of these Leicester forums is in a large part down to a poor track. Competing with rugby football basketball etc can be hugely expensive for family's such as my own. Come on Leicester speedway listen to the general public the ones who spend there hard earned money. The old saying of speculate to accumulate has never been so apparent. I really do hope that this is not the end after all those years but unless there are significant and difficult humble pie u turns then sat 17th sept may we'll be the last time the gates open for some time.....

• Like 4

Quite a dangerous post, this - should read the website more carefully before jumping in with both feet

• Like 1

Quite a dangerous post, this - should read the website more carefully before jumping in with both feet

Yep. Since I've been on this forum, it's noticeable there are always one or two gloom & doom merchants on Leicester threads.

Optimism is in short supply nowadays. Onwards and upwards. I hope

• Like 2

Think Weatherwatcher perhaps ought to modify the thread title, and admit to not reading the website thoroughly before steaming in with his posting..

Just a thought WW....

Mine has H as well Gemini so they should be valid for the 10th

Oh brilliant thanks. I thought I'd inadvertently thrown them away and didn't fancy paying another £30 so wasn't going to go to the re-run.

......Mr Bump........Yep. Since I've been on this forum, it's noticeable there are always one or two gloom & doom merchants on Leicester threads.

They're even worse on the Coventry ones. Always the same handful of people though, most of whom don't even bother to go but still want to have a moan.

• Like 2