British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Zorro's Final Show ( M. Zetterström Farewell Meeting) Sep 25th

Veterans' race (not complete): https://youtu.be/LF7XAvCVVrc

It was a very nice event, quite drawn out though and some spectators left before the end..

The racing was about the usual Eskilstuna standard, not brilliant but not that bad either.

Heat 18 was the best heat, great fight between Michelsen and Bjarne Pedersen for a couple of laps which ended with Bjarne in the airfence and Michelsen in the penalty box.

Bjarne laid on the track for a while but eventually got back up. He banged his knee a little but was able to continue without any problems.

The veterans' race was really nice. It was great to see Tony Rickardsson, Peter Nahlin, Tony Olsson and John "Cowboy" Cook race around the track.

Needless to say (but I will say it anyway ;) ) all four really enjoyed themselves and it seemed like they didn't want to quit.

For Tony Olsson, it was the first time in 18 years that he rode a speedway bike.

I recorded some more but the quality is very poor. I might upload it later in the week.

The team event (SWC format) was one by team white while Lindbäck won the (individual) Grand final (four best scorers during the team event).

Peter Ljung finished second, Peter Kildemand was 3rd and Grzegorz Zengota was excluded for TT.

Another great thing was that a local bank and Magnus Zetterström, donated 10 000SEK (~£903GBP) each to Smederna's youth section.

Smederna's youth speedway school is already considered the best in the country.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Veterans' race (not complete): https://youtu.be/LF7XAvCVVrc

It was a very nice event, quite drawn out though and some spectators left before the end..

The racing was about the usual Eskilstuna standard, not brilliant but not that bad either.

Heat 18 was the best heat, great fight between Michelsen and Bjarne Pedersen for a couple of laps which ended with Bjarne in the airfence and Michelsen in the penalty box.

Bjarne laid on the track for a while but eventually got back up. He banged his knee a little but was able to continue without any problems.

The veterans' race was really nice. It was great to see Tony Rickardsson, Peter Nahlin, Tony Olsson and John "Cowboy" Cook race around the track.

Needless to say (but I will say it anyway ;) ) all four really enjoyed themselves and it seemed like they didn't want to quit.

For Tony Olsson, it was the first time in 18 years that he rode a speedway bike.

I recorded some more but the quality is very poor. I might upload it later in the week.

The team event (SWC format) was one by team white while Lindbäck won the (individual) Grand final (four best scorers during the team event).

Peter Ljung finished second, Peter Kildemand was 3rd and Grzegorz Zengota was excluded for TT.

Another great thing was that a local bank and Magnus Zetterström, donated 10 000SEK (~£903GBP) each to Smederna's youth section.

Smederna's youth speedway school is already considered the best in the country.

Good to see Tony on a bike again. All set for his 4 pt move to poole next season... :rofl:

• Like 1

I would be interested from those who attended how Tony and the other Vets looked on a bike again.

Cookie was a fans favourite at Ipswich, I didn't think he would get back on a bike again.

Edited by Bezza
  • Like 1

I used to love Cookie's style of riding but I bet it's not so energetic now. :lol:

Tony R himself said that it felt good, and it just felt like he had rested over the winter but that he didn't feel used to the speed.

Basically he meant that it didn't go as fast as it felt but he also said that it was great fun.

http://www.svt.se/sport/motorsport/tony-rickardsson-tillbaka-pa-speedway-cykeln/

shame there doesn't seem to be a version with english commentary and available over here . i'm sure there would be a lot of interest.

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1