Heeps 5.59

Busk 6.93

Branford 3.52

Would be a solid outfit depending on 2nd heatleader spot

No thanks to Kasper.

1. Eddie

2. Heeps

3. NBJ

4. Holder/Howarth/Jorgensen (in order of preference)

5. Robson

6. Branford

7. Three pointer

Fits now, may not depending on how the final averages fluctuate.

Morley a victim of his own good season I'm afraid. His average is too high for me. Eddie does the bulk of the scoring in this side and there's three others in there capable of scoring good points. Holder will be in high demand though no doubt, have to get the cheque book out.

Heeps and Branford would likely swap in and out of reserve, unless one really kicks on and we'll always have a strong reserve. I'm not as sold on bringing Palm Toft in as other Rye fans, seems to be a perennial five pointer just like Kasper.

No thanks to Kasper.

1. Eddie

2. Heeps

3. NBJ

4. Holder/Howarth/Jorgensen (in order of preference)

5. Robson

6. Branford

7. Three pointer

Fits now, may not depending on how the final averages fluctuate.

Morley a victim of his own good season I'm afraid. His average is too high for me. Eddie does the bulk of the scoring in this side and there's three others in there capable of scoring good points. Holder will be in high demand though no doubt, have to get the cheque book out.

Heeps and Branford would likely swap in and out of reserve, unless one really kicks on and we'll always have a strong reserve. I'm not as sold on bringing Palm Toft in as other Rye fans, seems to be a perennial five pointer just like Kasper.

That the problem you get your average up you can't fit in average drops your no good speedway you got to love it.

• Like 1

I'd have Kyle Newman in the 2017 line up in a heartbeat; can ride inside and out, never gives up and was absolutely superb in Poole's play off first leg win earlier this week. Get him dialled in and I reckon he could make the step up to a PL top liner.

• Like 1

I'd have Kyle Newman in the 2017 line up in a heartbeat; can ride inside and out, never gives up and was absolutely superb in Poole's play off first leg win earlier this week. Get him dialled in and I reckon he could make the step up to a PL top liner.

Thanks for your input Kyle's dad
  • Like 1

Surely Grondal, MPT and NBJ have to be top targets for Rye House along with keeping Kennett?

• Like 1

Surely Grondal, MPT and NBJ have to be top targets for Rye House along with keeping Kennett?

NBJ, no thanks to the other two. MPT has had a couple of good meetings at Rye but ultimately would just average in the mid fives again if we signed him. I'd rather give Heeps another year on that figure.

• Like 1

Don't want a 'little Denmark' as been a disaster for Peterborough.

I would go with 6 and get in a 7 pointer.

NBJ, no thanks to the other two. MPT has had a couple of good meetings at Rye but ultimately would just average in the mid fives again if we signed him. I'd rather give Heeps another year on that figure.

Will Heeps want to come back to Britain after the season he has had? By all accounts he is on the floor at the moment, and no decent equipment. Depends how determined he is.

Would have Robbo and Rob back like a flash, but am up in the air about Kennett. He does make us very top heavy, and it hasnt worked these last two seasons. If he is kept, you need to be very shrewd with your other signings, riders that are going to improve, not stay static on their average and for that reason, Lanham is a no, Lykke yes, if at reserve. Morley probably a no.

I am no expert, but I feel more strength in depth is better than what we have now.

And please please please, a new team manager !

A bit harsh considering the Silver/Sampford combo didn't always get it right!

Team talk is all conjecture as changes are needed to team strengths if we are to see the NL boys progress.

Will Heeps want to come back to Britain after the season he has had? By all accounts he is on the floor at the moment, and no decent equipment. Depends how determined he is.

Would have Robbo and Rob back like a flash, but am up in the air about Kennett. He does make us very top heavy, and it hasnt worked these last two seasons. If he is kept, you need to be very shrewd with your other signings, riders that are going to improve, not stay static on their average and for that reason, Lanham is a no, Lykke yes, if at reserve. Morley probably a no.

I am no expert, but I feel more strength in depth is better than what we have now.

I can assure you that the desire to fulfil the ambition that Cameron had when he landed on these shores as a 15 year old still burns bright despite the very nasty injuries that he has suffered in the six years that he has raced in the UK. On his day, he can beat anyone in any given heat and if only he could conquer his gating issues, some brought about by his injuries, he could easily be an 8.5 / 9 point rider in the PL. And still not 21 until next month.

Yes, he has had knocks (no pun intended) toward the middle and end of this season and his chin was well on the floor at Owlerton (and thank you Josh Bates for trying to rev Cam up and putting a shoulder around slumped shoulders), but would he rather stay in Perth, WA or ride in Britain? No argument. And no visa issues either, of course. A steal on his average and his must be the second / third name on the 2017 team sheet - depending on what Chris Louis wants of course, but I would doubt that Cam would go back there, but speedway is a numbers game of course and there is no knowing yet which League the Witches will be in next season.

I would definitely have Kasper back next season too. What a trier, what a showman, what a nutter and what a nice bloke.

• Like 1

I think Cam is a good bet for next year.

Why was it Josh putting his an around him and not Peter?

If it's an equipment issue, that can be resolved, he has the talent without doubt

I think it's more confidence.

I think Cam is a good bet for next year.

Why was it Josh putting his an around him and not Peter?

If it's an equipment issue, that can be resolved, he has the talent without doubt

I think it's more confidence.

Agreed in all respects hackneyrocket. There is news that Chris Louis is remodelling the Foxhall circuit again this close season and putting some camber in and making it more rounded which would really suit Cam, but I can see him back in a Rockets suit next season. Josh of course knows Cam well from racing in Perth, WA, but I did find it strange when I looked into the Pits at Owlerton. Yes, confidence, confidence and confidence. For an Aussie and a speedway rider, not a lot there, which is a great shame. Still the best wheelies in town too.

• Like 1

Agreed in all respects hackneyrocket. There is news that Chris Louis is remodelling the Foxhall circuit again this close season and putting some camber in and making it more rounded which would really suit Cam, but I can see him back in a Rockets suit next season. Josh of course knows Cam well from racing in Perth, WA, but I did find it strange when I looked into the Pits at Owlerton. Yes, confidence, confidence and confidence. For an Aussie and a speedway rider, not a lot there, which is a great shame. Still the best wheelies in town too.

The only Aussie I can recall who had less confidence was Kurt Shields.

• Like 2