British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Rye House 2017

I too hope we do not go down the six riders per team route..I know riders who took part in the trial meetings,and they were not impressed at all,,...

• Like 2

If they do go down the six man team or combined league route, I fear for speedway in this country.

• Like 1

If they do go down the six man team or combined league route, I fear for speedway in this country.

I didn't like it when they tried it in the Elite league a few years ago and if they think it's a good idea to try it again then I would have to say that I would not be wasting my time and money on a product that I am not happy with. I don't think I would be alone either. It might cut costs down but attendances would suffer big time ,so there's nothing to gain out of it anyway.

• Like 1

I don't think it's going great as it is especially an EL with guests galore - a league amalgamation with talent dispersed across all

clubs might produce a revival.

• Like 1

Like I said earlier, get Kyle Newman in no matter what the format for next year. Superb again tonight, on a small track too.

• Like 1

Like I said earlier, get Kyle Newman in no matter what the format for next year. Superb again tonight, on a small track too.

Bang average rider in the PL and hasn't improved in years wouldn't want him anywhere near Rye House

• Like 2

Bang average rider in the PL and hasn't improved in years wouldn't want him anywhere near Rye House

Looked ok in the ELPO match last night at Monmore.

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, Peter Karger beat Sam Masters sh#t Brexit beat the Remoaners.

It does seem though with the racecard in the Elite League some Premier riders do better in the Elite League.

Providing the format stays the same i suspect the Rockets team will look pretty similar to this years. The promotion are limited in terms of contacts & connections which will hamper team building. If it wasn't for John Sampford putting the majority together this year it would have been much worse (look at the Raiders).

Think a new number 1 will be needed also as a Saturday night track doesn't fit well with Eddie's grass/longtrack ambitions whereas a Thursday night track would.

• Like 1

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, Peter Karger beat Sam Masters sh#t Brexit beat the Remoaners.

It does seem though with the racecard in the Elite League some Premier riders do better in the Elite League.

And I beat an egg once

He's spent the last two seasons on a small track in the PL and is on a 6.31 average. I wouldn't be against him if the rest of the team make up is right that being said.

Providing the format stays the same i suspect the Rockets team will look pretty similar to this years. The promotion are limited in terms of contacts & connections which will hamper team building. If it wasn't for John Sampford putting the majority together this year it would have been much worse (look at the Raiders).

Think a new number 1 will be needed also as a Saturday night track doesn't fit well with Eddie's grass/longtrack ambitions whereas a Thursday night track would.

I sincerely hope not because the team this year isn't good enough. If Eddie is in the PL next season I'm pretty certain it'll be as a Rocket.

Andrew Silver leaving the club didn't help. He had a huge part in Danyon Humes progression from someone who could hardly stay on his bike for four laps to a solid NL second string and decent PL reserve.

The younger Raiders could do with his coaching

Andy was a great help to the kids with his experience sad he left.

Can't see anything in regulations about 7 average and doubling up.

The regulations do say that double up can only be for 2 consecutive years and when this was raised in FB Eddie said that if that rule continued he will ride in PL.

Whilst situations change, that's the position as far as I'm aware.