British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Rye House 2017

Would fit for the elite league maybe.....

What it was meant for!!

• Like 1

May as well move this thread to the EL section now

• Like 1

May as well move this thread to the EL section now

What's the EL? ;)

Good luck in the new premiership league thank god we won't get you in the cup next season 😁😁😁

What's the EL? ;)

Oh blimey, I just saw that. Never liked the name "Elite" anyway

I would prefer to be in the SGB Championship, I liked my only local derby trip to Ipswich, but as there is now relegation between the top and bottom team we could well be back next year anyway unless the promoters can sort out a good team, perhaps they could look at some of the suggestions put forward on this forum by fans who seem to have good ideas. What I would like to know is now we are in the SGB Premiership will Sky be broadcasting from Rye House occasionally, or does the contract they hold etc. only hold good if it's called the 'Elite' league and if they do will the car park get a permanent make-over. It seems OK for us paying supporters to subject out poor little cars, not to mention our poor backs, to the bumps and potholes every week but I wonder if Sky will be inclined to subject their thousands of pounds worth of equipment to the same treatment ?

I would prefer to be in the SGB Championship, I liked my only local derby trip to Ipswich, but as there is now relegation between the top and bottom team we could well be back next year anyway unless the promoters can sort out a good team, perhaps they could look at some of the suggestions put forward on this forum by fans who seem to have good ideas. What I would like to know is now we are in the SGB Premiership will Sky be broadcasting from Rye House occasionally, or does the contract they hold etc. only hold good if it's called the 'Elite' league and if they do will the car park get a permanent make-over. It seems OK for us paying supporters to subject out poor little cars, not to mention our poor backs, to the bumps and potholes every week but I wonder if Sky will be inclined to subject their thousands of pounds worth of equipment to the same treatment ?

They have filmed there before and I think the carpark especially was in much worse state

Well…..will Rye House become the mecca of UK speedway? Will the stadium construction be completed? Will the price of admission go up to £20 plus a programme? Will the promotion have a clue what to do? Will Rye House be relegated?

I’m extremely disappointed the clown of a promoter didn’t consult the fans over this move. OK Warren Scott is the money man, hardly seen at Rye this year but does he honestly have any idea what he’s let himself in for?

Other forums have suggested gaining promotion into the Premiership would be better than buying your way into a league that’s had it. 9 teams, wow! Will it be the same teams twice in the league, if so, wow? As you can probably gather I’m not impressed.

I am pleased the title of Elite has gone, but trying to copy footy with the Premiership and Championship, poor PR in my opinion.

There’s a lot of work to do in the stadium to make the home of the Rockets half decent again. My biggest fear will be the cost of admission. Its currently £18 with a programme, I hope Scotty doesn’t expect fans to pay more than £20.00 plus a proggy, it’ll price me out of going, should I decide to go. Perhaps a subsidy would be good for the first season? Will Rye have a NL team I wonder? This in all honesty would be my preferred choice seeing riders improve and travel to grass roots speedway such as Buxton.

To have a team in the new Premiership is going to cost serious money. Certain riders in the 2016 Elite league where on £2000 per meeting and similar amounts to in the Premier League according to Phillip Lanning. So that’s a 100 people to pay that riders wages, plus of course travel money. I’d think Rye will need at least 1500 paying people per meeting, probably doubling their current gate.

To entice Lakeside fans you’ll need AJ and he is going to want serious money. To get GP quality riders it’s going to take loads of money! But will Lakeside fans go to Rye to see top flight speedway?

The other issue of course is race nights. Friday or Saturday but anything else, well count me out should I decide to go because of a little thing called work.

What has really cheesed me off is the total lack of any announcements from the club over this. The rumour mill has been saying top flight speedway for months. Well now it appears to be here and I think back to 1987 Hackney. Took the step up into the then Division One, lost an absolute fortune. Got promised the earth from the BSPA and got sod all, bar Simon Wigg, who didn’t like the track at Waterden Road. He was on £50 a point then I believe not bad money 30 years ago. The following year back into the second tear and won everything.

How I wish I could go back to the 70’s, but I can’t so it’s what happens next season to decide if I go to Rye or elsewhere

• Like 1

Good grief 'worse' glad I wasn't going to Rye House then, used to go regularly to West Ham but when they closed down didn't go for quite a few years due to young children and shift work although still followed results etc. Kids now all grown up and no more shift work so have been enjoying my favourite sport live again for the last few years. Just hope Rye going 'up' doesn't mean the same for entrance prices as I may have to pick and choose my meetings as I expect many others may have to as well.

Well…..will Rye House become the mecca of UK speedway? Will the stadium construction be completed? Will the price of admission go up to £20 plus a programme? Will the promotion have a clue what to do? Will Rye House be relegated?

I’m extremely disappointed the clown of a promoter didn’t consult the fans over this move. OK Warren Scott is the money man, hardly seen at Rye this year but does he honestly have any idea what he’s let himself in for?

Other forums have suggested gaining promotion into the Premiership would be better than buying your way into a league that’s had it. 9 teams, wow! Will it be the same teams twice in the league, if so, wow? As you can probably gather I’m not impressed.

I am pleased the title of Elite has gone, but trying to copy footy with the Premiership and Championship, poor PR in my opinion.

There’s a lot of work to do in the stadium to make the home of the Rockets half decent again. My biggest fear will be the cost of admission. Its currently £18 with a programme, I hope Scotty doesn’t expect fans to pay more than £20.00 plus a proggy, it’ll price me out of going, should I decide to go. Perhaps a subsidy would be good for the first season? Will Rye have a NL team I wonder? This in all honesty would be my preferred choice seeing riders improve and travel to grass roots speedway such as Buxton.

To have a team in the new Premiership is going to cost serious money. Certain riders in the 2016 Elite league where on £2000 per meeting and similar amounts to in the Premier League according to Phillip Lanning. So that’s a 100 people to pay that riders wages, plus of course travel money. I’d think Rye will need at least 1500 paying people per meeting, probably doubling their current gate.

To entice Lakeside fans you’ll need AJ and he is going to want serious money. To get GP quality riders it’s going to take loads of money! But will Lakeside fans go to Rye to see top flight speedway?

The other issue of course is race nights. Friday or Saturday but anything else, well count me out should I decide to go because of a little thing called work.

What has really cheesed me off is the total lack of any announcements from the club over this. The rumour mill has been saying top flight speedway for months. Well now it appears to be here and I think back to 1987 Hackney. Took the step up into the then Division One, lost an absolute fortune. Got promised the earth from the BSPA and got sod all, bar Simon Wigg, who didn’t like the track at Waterden Road. He was on £50 a point then I believe not bad money 30 years ago. The following year back into the second tear and won everything.

How I wish I could go back to the 70’s, but I can’t so it’s what happens next season to decide if I go to Rye or elsewhere

good to see another really positive post from you

I would just like to point out there is another Rye House thread on the EL section which, hopefully, the administrator will re-name soon.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE::

:::::::::

THE FIRST SIGNING: NICHOLLS JOINS BMR ROCKETS FOR 2017!

Multi-time British Champion Scott Nicholls has been unveiled as the first part of the BMR Rockets’ team jigsaw as a clear sign of intention for their maiden season in the Premiership.

A record breaking 7-time national champion, Nicholls also spent eight consecutive seasons in the Grand Prix series, racing in a total of 82 rounds and placing second in Australia, Sweden, Italy and Slovenia. He has won silver and bronze medals representing his country in the World Cup.

Scott joins the Rockets for 2017 following a 6.59 campaign with Elite League Play-Off Finalists Belle Vue that will convert into a 9.23 record in the new Premiership.

Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson comments, “It is an understatement to say that we are absolutely delighted to have such a high profile rider as Scott on board, and the obvious interest he showed in coming here reiterates what we are aiming to do here at Rye House.

“His record speaks for itself, and he is going to bring so much to the Team, not only in his points scoring but the experience that he can pass on. We are all really looking forward to working with him.”

Scott himself is of a similar opinion: “I’m really excited to be here because of the plans that Team BMR have and the outlook that they have.

“It’s also good from a personal perspective to have a change of scene and new faces to work with. It helps to keep you fresh and enthusiastic.

“I had three good years at Belle Vue, although I feel I will be coming into 2017 on a bit of a false average. I never really found the speed at the new National Stadium, and yet I had what I think was the fourth highest away average in the League!”

Scott admits that he has only ridden the Rye House circuit once in his twenty year-plus career. “It was the Ben Fund Bonanza back in 2010. But I like the small tracks – I like them all, really - and as I say I’m really looking forward to a change of place and a new challenge.”

While prohibited at this stage from revealing the names of his new team mates, Scott can confide that “It should be a team that really gels with the fans and also builds a real team spirit. There will also be a friendly competitive nature to it, because a number of us will want to be the No.1.

“It’s a fantastic looking line-up, and I can’t wait till we get out on the track.”

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE::

:::::::::

THE FIRST SIGNING: NICHOLLS JOINS BMR ROCKETS FOR 2017!

Multi-time British Champion Scott Nicholls has been unveiled as the first part of the BMR Rockets’ team jigsaw as a clear sign of intention for their maiden season in the Premiership.

A record breaking 7-time national champion, Nicholls also spent eight consecutive seasons in the Grand Prix series, racing in a total of 82 rounds and placing second in Australia, Sweden, Italy and Slovenia. He has won silver and bronze medals representing his country in the World Cup.

Scott joins the Rockets for 2017 following a 6.59 campaign with Elite League Play-Off Finalists Belle Vue that will convert into a 9.23 record in the new Premiership.

Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson comments, “It is an understatement to say that we are absolutely delighted to have such a high profile rider as Scott on board, and the obvious interest he showed in coming here reiterates what we are aiming to do here at Rye House.

“His record speaks for itself, and he is going to bring so much to the Team, not only in his points scoring but the experience that he can pass on. We are all really looking forward to working with him.”

Scott himself is of a similar opinion: “I’m really excited to be here because of the plans that Team BMR have and the outlook that they have.

“It’s also good from a personal perspective to have a change of scene and new faces to work with. It helps to keep you fresh and enthusiastic.

“I had three good years at Belle Vue, although I feel I will be coming into 2017 on a bit of a false average. I never really found the speed at the new National Stadium, and yet I had what I think was the fourth highest away average in the League!”

Scott admits that he has only ridden the Rye House circuit once in his twenty year-plus career. “It was the Ben Fund Bonanza back in 2010. But I like the small tracks – I like them all, really - and as I say I’m really looking forward to a change of place and a new challenge.”

While prohibited at this stage from revealing the names of his new team mates, Scott can confide that “It should be a team that really gels with the fans and also builds a real team spirit. There will also be a friendly competitive nature to it, because a number of us will want to be the No.1.

“It’s a fantastic looking line-up, and I can’t wait till we get out on the track.”

YOU ARE ON THE WRONG THREAD, THIS THE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD