Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V King's Lynn Wed 24th Aug

Does it matter?

I've done some calculations and think we can still qualify for the play offs.

That's still the aim isn't it?

Assuming we have a full side i really fancies Swindon's chances of a second victory at the NSS now if Belle Vue can manage to get the meeting on eventually

Pardon? That annoying typeface is back again

Was great to see Rory Schlein in action again in Manchester after his dreadful run of injury. Might have only scored 3, but involved in some great tussles - Nicholls & the Worralls would vouch for that tonight. Respect.

• Like 1

Assuming we have a full side i really fancies Swindon's chances of a second victory at the NSS now if Belle Vue can manage to get the meeting on eventually

on a Friday night we are unlikely to have a full side v Belle Vue ...even more so with the rebels doing well

Does it matter?

Course it matters, pretty sure the Belle Vue management wouldn't fancy Wolverhampton in the Play-Offs with their latest team change

Edited by Danny Smith

Was great to see Rory Schlein in action again in Manchester after his dreadful run of injury. Might have only scored 3, but involved in some great tussles - Nicholls & the Worralls would vouch for that tonight. Respect.

Of course it Matters as you will likely ride Wolves in the semi rather than Lakeside ..meaning you have less chance of making the final and the massive pay out

Does it matter?

Yep, still a good position to be in, no need to panic (yet!)😉

Freddie's performance tonight has given KL an outside chance of the play offs which may ironically impact his own teams' qualification...

Only in Speedway eh?😁

Really? There was only about 1000 more at Citeh....

Oh hang on...

Official attendance at the Emptihad just announced as 123,000

Dirty Red by any chance :D

• Like 1

Course it matters, pretty sure the Belle Vue management wouldn't fancy Wolverhampton in the Play-Offs with their latest team change

Think that's fair comment, Lindgren has been quality at the NSS this season. Woffinden loved it too, not to mention Masters,Thorssell & PK have all won races there.

Would be hell of a battle over 2 legs between 2 sides who race each other's tracks well. Goes without saying the Aces would prefer it in the Final, motivation enough (if needed) to do a job on Poole next week.

Of course it Matters as you will likely ride Wolves in the semi rather than Lakeside ..meaning you have less chance of making the final and the massive pay out

? Not sure why you've quoted that. Was commenting about Schlein tonight, as a speedway fan.

As for Aces, of course finishing top is better, goes without saying doesn't it?

Sorry mike ..i meant to quote onch

Sorry mike ..i meant to quote onch

No worries.

Yes we don't want to meet Wolves, we'd be better off against Swindon or Kings Lynn. 🤔

Dirty Red by any chance :D

What gave me away?😁

Even Jeremy Corbyn would have found a seat tonight!!😂

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Does it matter?

yes it matters a lot you want to choose your opponents and pick the 2nd leg at home especially the final.

Apart from Joe Jacobs that was a well below par abject performance. Kings Lynn were never really in any danger tonight, they rode well and deserved their win easily the best team. Actually i think we look a more solid unit away from home, in a lot of the meetings weve won at home we havent really looked a dominant force, as Leicester proved a few weeks back any team can come to Manchester and have a good chance of getting a result. Theres no doubt we will see far better racing than we have for many a season but the price for that will be opponents that love riding the track pushing us to the limit. Ive thought all season that come play off time we will struggle against other sides top end as we have a mis firing number one who you wouldnt back against the likes of Woffinden, Lindgren, Jonsson, or Holder. These type of results can have one of two effects, it galvanises the team to kick on and become stronger in the following matches or it bursts the bubble and a team can tail off. Only time will tell.

• Like 1