British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Golden Helmet Weekend Pardubice 16-18th September

But will Nicki's injury now benefit him.in his quest for a SGP wildcard?

I`m sure he would rather stay injury free and qualify for a top eight place and take a place in next years SGP on merit, and giving his form last night the the SEC Final who`s to say he wouldn't have achieved that.

Or maybe retirement...

think he would have got one injured or not.Big Drawcard whether you like him or not.(I don't)

Why do the sgpnseries use Prague as the czech gp when they have this track to use? Far better than Prague.

Adam Ellisvwhen interviewed said he loved the track and was keen to come back.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Why do the sgpnseries use Prague as the czech gp when they have this track to use? Far better than Prague.

I've said this for around 5 years but at the end of the day Prague is the capital and Pardubice is a town with VERY few places to stay, prague has the facilities and money but pardubice has the track

I've said this for around 5 years but at the end of the day Prague is the capital and Pardubice is a town with VERY few places to stay, prague has the facilities and money but pardubice has the track

How far is Pardubice from Prague. Can you get back after racing to Prague ?

How far is Pardubice from Prague. Can you get back after racing to Prague ?

Just under an hour by train. It looks like the last train on a Saturday night leaves at 22:12 so would be tight after a GP with a normal start time.

It's probably irrelevant, though, as I'm sure they have said in the past that Pardubice aren't interested in staging a GP round.

BECAUSE people love going to and staying in Prague.

• Like 1

BECAUSE people love going to and staying in Prague.

If its only a hour to Pardibuce, and said to be a far better track, has the option be investigated ? Plenty of tracks are further from a large town as with teterow and Gorzow. .

If its only an hour on the teain the gp organisers could work with the railway to put on a speedway express to Pardibice and return to Prague.

Been to Prague a couple of times and its a great weekend with usually poor racing.

• Like 1

To be fair the train is pretty express, it only stops once between Prague and Pardubice. Problem comes at Pardubice Raliway Station as the transport to the stadium is pretty non existant. Hotels in Pardubice are pretty good though if you choose to stay

One era ending moment for me yesterday was the retirement of Ales Dryml after his final ride when he went into the crowd as his home track and gave his helmet to a young fan

After some of the horrendous injuries he suffered 9 years ago, I am glad to see him and Lukas now safely retired

• Like 1