British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Golden Helmet Weekend Pardubice 16-18th September

If its only an hour on the teain the gp organisers could work with the railway to put on a speedway express to Pardibice and return to Prague.

Been to Prague a couple of times and its a great weekend with usually poor racing.

Is Lubos 111 still living in the UK or does he live back in Czecho nowadays ?

I believe he is now living in Prague nowadays

But will Nicki's injury now benefit him.in his quest for a SGP wildcard?

well I just saw that crash on youtube, why o why did Nicki try this stupid attempt on Emil Sayfutdinov. from my point of view this was brainless action from the Danish champion.

I've said this for around 5 years but at the end of the day Prague is the capital and Pardubice is a town with VERY few places to stay, prague has the facilities and money but pardubice has the track

If its only an hour on the teain the gp organisers could work with the railway to put on a speedway express to Pardibice and return to Prague.

Been to Prague a couple of times and its a great weekend with usually poor racing.

Simply because Pardubice dont want to stage a GP round, due to the staging fees, etc involved.....

I have been to every Czech Golden Helmet since 1997, and have spoken to , and exchanged emails with Petr Moravec of the Pardubice club, who feel that the staging fees for a GP are too expensive, and that a profit wouldnt be made. Personally, I think they are wrong, but there you go....

The Pardubice club much prefer to concentrate their efforts on Golden Helmet Weekend, and with the crowds it pulls in, you cant really blame them...

There is a fast train connection between Prague and Pardubice, can take as little as 55 minutes, but depends whether you get a regional train, Eurocity or Pendolino....Thats just with the Czech Railway company, Ceske Drahy. Other operators, Leo Express and RegioJet, offer other options....

Transport to the track is OK, being a number 8 or Number 88 bus to the stop "Svitkov, Park", which sets down near a toddlers park, plus, during the Golden Helmet weekend, "speedway special" buses run ("Zlata Prilba" is displayed on the electronic destination board above the driver)

I would suggest that anyone going to Pardubice for the Czech Golden Helmet, or even the Prague GP, spends a couple of quid on "CG Transit", by the Pardubice based "Circlegate" , which is available for iPhone, Android, and even Windows Phone, which is quite a popular platform in Central Europe (http://www.circlegate.com), its a great app, and makes getting around a breeze.

I believe he is now living in Prague nowadays

Saw Lubos Tomicek at the Prague GP, living in a village just outside Prague, Hostivice IIRC

Edited by jeffster

I've said this for around 5 years but at the end of the day Prague is the capital and Pardubice is a town with VERY few places to stay, prague has the facilities and money but pardubice has the track

Plenty of places to stay in Pardubice, you just have to know the town, reccommend highly, Hotel Euro. Only a short train journey if you stay in Hradec Kraklova.

Plenty of places to stay in Pardubice, you just have to know the town, reccommend highly, Hotel Euro. Only a short train journey if you stay in Hradec Kraklova.

Pension Birdy aint bad either