British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Coventry V Lakeside 26th August

COVENTRY are pleased to announce admission prices for Fridays double header at Brandon have now been set at ELITE LEAGUE PRICES ONLY.

The Buildbase Bees host Lakeside in a re-arranged EL fixture, which will be immediately followed by the National League clash between the City Gearboxes Storm and Mildenhall which was initially scheduled for that date.

The club have now confirmed admission for the full schedule, which gets underway at 7.30pm, will be £17 for all adults, with no additional charge to cover the Storm fixture.

The Elite League match holds much significance for Lakeside, who almost certainly require away points to reach the play-offs, but a major boost for the Bees is that No.1 Krzysztof Kasprzak will be available for the clash.

Kasprzak is Wild Card for the Grand Prix of Poland at Gorzow in Saturday, and has elected not to practice on his home league circuit in favour of racing for the Bees against the Hammers.

Kasprzak has unavoidably missed recent away matches at Leicester and Lakeside due to his participation in the Speedway Euro Championship series, but has already twice raced for Coventry on the day before those meetings when they would otherwise have had no guest or rider-replacement facility.

Such a facility would be available on Friday to cover the Grand Prix event, but naturally all at the club are delighted to have their No.1 available for the meeting.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: Its been a pleasure to have KK riding for us this season, and this is another real show of commitment from him to the club which I know our fans will be pleased to hear.

Hes been an excellent No.1 for us and right from our talks last winter it was clear that he was keen to re-establish himself as one of the top men in the sport, which he has very much achieved.

Kasprzak therefore lines up at No.1 as usual for the Bees, who will operate rider-replacement for GP regular Chris Harris. For Lakeside, Andreas Jonsson is missing for the same reason and is replaced by former Coventry skipper Scott Nicholls, whilst rider-replacement operates for Richard Lawson whose fixture for Glasgow takes priority.

Supporters attending the National League match ONLY on Friday should note that this meeting will be charged at regular NL prices - £12 for adults, with entry available during the brief interval between EL and NL matches.

• Like 1

Well done KK and well done on the Bees promotion to keep it at EL prices for both meetings. Superb value for money.

• Like 6

Huge commitment from Kaspazak to miss the GP practice to ride for Coventry.

I have been very impressed with his attitude towards riding for the bees this year and really hope we see him back next year.

Brilliant from Coventry Management to offer a double header for £17 to Cover both meetings 👍🏻

• Like 2

Hopefully they will be repaid by getting a decent crowd.

• Like 2

I would laugh if KK turns up and scores naff all

• Like 1

Why?

• Like 2

Im sure if he didn't want to be there he wouldn't be, So fully expect him to give it his all and score well.

I wonder if KKs number 1 fan will acknowledge his commitment?

Where will his best bikes be?? :D

Same place as Holder's and Buzz. Isn't that why Buzz only bothered to bring one bike to the Swindon meeting 😉

Where will his best bikes be?? :D

Same place as Holder's and Buzz. Isn't that why Buzz only bothered to bring one bike to the Swindon meeting 😉

A fantastic offer from the promotion that more often than not get pelters on here so credit where credit is due. Hope the local paper and radio stations spread the word also.

Added to the fact that KK is available and Scott is always a popular visitor to Brandon I think and hope it's a good attendance, given the fact we hear practice is completely different to race day it does surprise me Bombers not gone for earning a few extra pennies than practice. It maybe logistics that have forced him if his bikes are based here and he travels by land though so totally understandable if so. We should have too much to be troubled and Nicholls is second heat leader these days so may struggle at number 1.

Win by 10 at least

• Like 2

A fantastic offer from the promotion that more often than not get pelters on here so credit where credit is due. Hope the local paper and radio stations spread the word also.

Added to the fact that KK is available and Scott is always a popular visitor to Brandon I think and hope it's a good attendance, given the fact we hear practice is completely different to race day it does surprise me Bombers not gone for earning a few extra pennies than practice. It maybe logistics that have forced him if his bikes are based here and he travels by land though so totally understandable if so. We should have too much to be troubled and Nicholls is second heat leader these days so may struggle at number 1.

Win by 10 at least

Harris said travel was already paid for so that's why he won't be there. It's the first time he hasn't missed practice though.

Weather looks good at the moment for this. Looking forward to it.

Okay, I heard you the first time! ;):D