British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Coventry V Lakeside 26th August

Why did Lakeside arranged this vital fixture with half there team missing ?

The original fixture was rained of and with the congested fixture list at this end of the season it was either take the fixture or forfeit the points. Maybe forfeiting the points would have been the better option.Or maybe forfeiting Lewis Bridger.

• Like 2

Decent meeting tonight but Lakeside were poor.

Really hope young Sam Bebee of Mildenhall is ok after a terrible crash in heat 6 of the NL match. Hit the fence at high speed on the back straight and was thrown some 30 yards through the air before landing on the dog track.

Kerr & Mear are not strong enough for the EL.

n.

The weakness of the EDR system . If your reserves can't cut it you are more or less stuck with them for the season.

Firstly I hope Sam Bebee is going to be okay after his horrific crash. Wish him all the best.

How on earth is this Lakeside team even in the play off battle? This was the worst visiting team this season by a long way. Kennett & Scott were the only riders who looked interested. Bridger is shocking and spends more time doing wheelies than racing. Kerr & Mear are not strong enough for the EL although with Kerr it's understandable after what's he's been through.

AJ was a miss for Lakeside tonight.

It was a good team performance for Coventry tonight. Kaspazak scored double figures and rode well even though he has a big meeting tomorrow. I have been really impressed with the commitment he has shown to the bees.

Garrity & Bates deserved their heat 15 call up. Both were brilliant tonight. Garrity was flying with another double figure score tonight (12) He's proven that he is a top 5 rider.

Bates was great in his last meeting for the bees this season and scored 14. He's really developed as a rider this year and has been great to watch.

It wasn't the best meeting racing wise this season but you can only race what's in front of you.

We scored well from Bomber's rides so RR worked well but it did seem strange without him. This was the only meeting he's missed all season.

Bates scored 16

No.1 Krzysztof Kasprzak will be available for the clash.

Kasprzak is Wild Card for the Grand Prix of Poland at Gorzow in Saturday, and has elected not to practice on his home league circuit in favour of racing for the Bees against the Hammers.

Kasprzak has unavoidably missed recent away matches at Leicester and Lakeside due to his participation in the Speedway Euro Championship series, but has already twice raced for Coventry on the day before those meetings when they would otherwise have had no guest or rider-replacement facility.

Full marks to KK for his commitment to the Bees' cause tonight. And ditto for turning out twice on the eve of other bookings. Good to see.

However...'unavoidably missed recent away matches'? The SEC is not exactly -- well, not exactly the GP, is it? No guest/RR for it, which is why the Bees had to go with 'junior' replacements at Leicester and Lakeside. Not having a go here, but with respect to Neil perhaps just a little too much top spin on that one. :P

Edit: Remiss of me not to congratulate the management on the double-header pricing.

Edited by Fourentee

Bates scored 16

I have 14+2 in my programme, although I guess that is 16 with bonus points. He was really good tonight. Has definitely developed a lot as a rider this year.

Full marks to KK for his commitment to the Bees' cause tonight. And ditto for turning out twice on the eve of other bookings. Good to see.

However...'unavoidably missed recent away matches'? The SEC is not exactly -- well, not exactly the GP, is it? No guest/RR for it, which is why the Bees had to go with 'junior' replacements at Leicester and Lakeside. Not having a go here, but with respect to Neil perhaps just a little too much top spin on that one. :P

Edit: Remiss of me not to congratulate the management on the double-header pricing.

I wrote the preview, the word "unavoidable" used in conjunction with the fact that SEC meetings took place on the same day as Coventry's away matches at Lakeside and Leicester hence he could not be in two places at once. Whereas KK skipped practice on two occasions in order to ride in Friday night home meetings. Naturally I'm an SEC fan, it may not be the GP but I'm sure it's well worth winning.

I have 14+2 in my programme, although I guess that is 16 with bonus points. He was really good tonight. Has definitely developed a lot as a rider this year.

Yep I have it as 14+2 aswell.

Isn't it refreshing that the edr system has worked, improving British riders who would possibly have not even had a chance at a team berth.

Next year teamgb will have youngsters in the four. They won't win the swc but they will give their all and not argue over what percentage of the prize money they should get.

Ellis and Bates have really benefitted and next season Ellis should be in the SWC with Bates as reserve. Garrity has improved also but just needs to learn to ride a bike with more finesse. He would be a far better rider if he didn't overlock and hang himself off it in untidy angles.

With Woffinden having exiled himself its time to say bye bye and bring in the youngsters.

Isn't it refreshing that the edr system has worked, improving British riders who would possibly have not even had a chance at a team berth.

Next year teamgb will have youngsters in the four. They won't win the swc but they will give their all and not argue over what percentage of the prize money they should get.

Ellis and Bates have really benefitted and next season Ellis should be in the SWC with Bates as reserve. Garrity has improved also but just needs to learn to ride a bike with more finesse. He would be a far better rider if he didn't overlock and hang himself off it in untidy angles.

With Woffinden having exiled himself its time to say bye bye and bring in the youngsters.

Can't wait for those post-Woffinden days. The battles with Latvia and Czech Republic should be good.

Yep I have it as 14+2 aswell.

I'm sure that adds up to 16, well it did when I went to school anyway.👌

I wrote the preview, the word "unavoidable" used in conjunction with the fact that SEC meetings took place on the same day as Coventry's away matches at Lakeside and Leicester hence he could not be in two places at once. Whereas KK skipped practice on two occasions in order to ride in Friday night home meetings. Naturally I'm an SEC fan, it may not be the GP but I'm sure it's well worth winning.

Hi Dave, good to hear from you on here again. I understand that you probably keep a watching brief, but your insight is always valuable.

My point is not that KK can be physically in two places at once -- Schrodinger's cat might have been the nearest answer, but I don't think he has an assessed average -- but that lauding his dedication should be tempered by the fact that he has signed up to a series knowing that, in the event of a clash, his team won't get the benefit of a comparable replacement.

As per earlier post, not having a go, just asking for the hymn of praise to come down a decibel or two in volume!

Decent meeting tonight but Lakeside were poor.

Really hope young Sam Bebee of Mildenhall is ok after a terrible crash in heat 6 of the NL match. Hit the fence at high speed on the back straight and was thrown some 30 yards through the air before landing on the dog track.

Reported on Facebook as broken fib & tib, broken shoulder and broken bones in his hand.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Hi Dave, good to hear from you on here again. I understand that you probably keep a watching brief, but your insight is always valuable.

My point is not that KK can be physically in two places at once -- Schrodinger's cat might have been the nearest answer, but I don't think he has an assessed average -- but that lauding his dedication should be tempered by the fact that he has signed up to a series knowing that, in the event of a clash, his team won't get the benefit of a comparable replacement.

As per earlier post, not having a go, just asking for the hymn of praise to come down a decibel or two in volume!

I get what you are saying although I personally like the SEC and think it's the 2nd biggest series after the GP. Why shouldn't Kaspazak want to be Europeon champion as he's not in the GP this year.

The point is Kaspazak has shown more commitment this year than any of the past ones. Remember the days when he rode for Poole and he had those "back problems" that meant he missed meetings for them but still rode abroad. Did we ever think we would see the day he missed a GP practice for British speedway? Not many do. NKI didn't even ride on Thur to rest himself for the GP on sat so King's Lynn had no facility. KK even flew over after a close family members funeral to ride for us.

KK this year has been a proper number one this year and has been a joy to watch. He would definitely be the 2nd name on my teamsheet for next year 👍🏻

Reported on Facebook as broken fib & tib, broken shoulder and broken bones in his hand.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

It was a horrific crash. I'm surprised but relieved that it wasn't more serious. I hope he has a speedy recovery. There is a video of the crash on Facebook. It's even worse seeing it live ☹️

• Like 1

Absolutely horrific crash :o

I was expecting the worst..serious injuries, but could have been much much worse!

Get well soon!

• Like 1