British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Coventry V Lakeside 26th August

A fantastic offer from the promotion that more often than not get pelters on here so credit where credit is due. Hope the local paper and radio stations spread the word also.

Added to the fact that KK is available and Scott is always a popular visitor to Brandon I think and hope it's a good attendance, given the fact we hear practice is completely different to race day it does surprise me Bombers not gone for earning a few extra pennies than practice. It maybe logistics that have forced him if his bikes are based here and he travels by land though so totally understandable if so. We should have too much to be troubled and Nicholls is second heat leader these days so may struggle at number 1.

Win by 10 at least

Yep usually goes by road and I'm not sure he will have equipment out there as he's hardly ridden in Poland this year.

Why?

What a stupid post from Phil the Ace Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

Obviously gutted.......as Lakeside even nicking a point is going to be extremely difficult now.

However, a tremendous gesture by Krzysztof.

At a time when many GP 'stars' (quite rightly) get vilified for turning their back on British Speedway, it's encouraging to see that there are a few of the guys that recognise the meaning of the term - loyalty.

And how nice that we'll be served up a FULL evening of Speedway AND at a realistic admission price. If we get the usual 70's/80's songs playing, it will seem like we're all in a retro time warp! Nothing wrong with that in my book. ;)

Looking forward to my visit to Brandon on Friday; even more so given that it will not be my last.

• Like 6

Had a couple of friends who rarely attend say they are hoping to come tomorrow evening as they think its value for money. They are bringing their kids along too, they didn't realise u16 were now free. I think there is a lesson there to get the message out better next season.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

woz01, on 25 Aug 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Had a couple of friends who rarely attend say they are hoping to come tomorrow evening as they think its value for money. They are bringing their kids along too, they didn't realise u16 were now free. I think there is a lesson there to get the message out better next season.

Great to see the Coventry Promotion doing this .KK commitment to the Bees this season has been first class . Lets hope they get a good crowd & good weather .

• Like 2

KK commitment to the Bees this season has been first class .

except for the 4 matches he has missed of course.

means he has missed 1 in every 6 meetings so far.

Don't rise to the bait folks.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 5

Dead right - we don't want Fred Flange on 'ere!!! ;)

• Like 1

Looking forward to this meeting .... great commitment from KK and I am sure Bomber would have been there if it were at all possible / logistical so he is excused !

CH r/r means KK, DK, JG and ANO from Bates, Woryna and Sarjeant so not too shabby either although not as strong as Bomber obviously.

Will be a good meeting with Hammers really needing to win also to keep their play-off hopes alive ...

Think Bees will shade it though 48-42 ish unless Bates rides like he did last time in which case we stick 50+ on the board !!

Will miss seeing AJ around Brandon though ....

Cheers

Edited by Robbobee
  • Like 1

No need to. Facts are facts!

You know I'm only having a gentle bit of fun :t:

Im sure if he didn't want to be there he wouldn't be, So fully expect him to give it his all and score well.

I wonder if KKs number 1 fan will acknowledge his commitment?

We do have some goons post on here Phil the ace and Steve brim in mind

Edited by abbo

We do have some goons post on here Phil the ace and Steve brim in mindWe do have some goons post on here Phil the ace and Steve brim in mind

Bless, don't know who this Steve brim is.

Seems a decent bloke to me.

Don't know about this abba bloke (spot the deliberate mistake seeing as you made a couple!) :wink:

Assuming lakeside win both their remaining home meetings they need a minimum of 3 points from their remaining two away meetings to catch Belle Vue, anything less and The Aces have achieved the target of qualifying for the cup.

I was happy to support Coventry when they needed it to save their track now I'm supporting them again to see The Aces take a step closer to qualification and a successful first season at the National Speedway Stadium.

Can't see Lakeside getting anything on the road. I think Swindon will make it especially with the form of Tungate.

• Like 3

Hope you're right but until it's mathematically certain we've qualified for the cup our most sussessful season for years counts for nothing.

It would take a very strange set of results for Belle Vue not to qualify but obviously hope your poor run continues a little bit longer.

With the revised teams for this meeting can't see how Lakeside can get anything from it.

• Like 1