British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester V Poole, Monday 29th August @ 19:45

Anyway back to Speedway . The new track at Belle Vue as completely rekindled my love for the sport , not seen a bad meeting there all year , and Sunday against Poole was one of best ive seen since Hyde Road closed , ,._.One question, having never been there , why is Leicesters track so bad ? The shape ?

Everything about it is wrong. The straights are too long and the corners too tight. It is not wide enough. Only one racing line in the middle of the track. No way of passing. Bjarne wasn't fast last night but gated and no one could pass him. He just sat there mid track and it was game over. Every race was over by the second bend.

It is, by a long long way, the worst speedway track ever to grace the sport in this country. The first and second bend alterations over last winter have made no difference whatsoever. They need to bring in the bulldozers and remove this scare of a track off the face of the planet. Then start again.

• Like 2

Everything about it is wrong. The straights are too long and the corners too tight. It is not wide enough. Only one racing line in the middle of the track. No way of passing. Bjarne wasn't fast last night but gated and no one could pass him. He just sat there mid track and it was game over. Every race was over by the second bend.

It is, by a long long way, the worst speedway track ever to grace the sport in this country. The first and second bend alterations over last winter have made no difference whatsoever. They need to bring in the bulldozers and remove this scare of a track off the face of the planet. Then start again.

Its hard to believe they could get it so wrong from a blank sheet of paper.Belle Vue is a breath of fresh air to the sport .What a track ! Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Looking at a few posts you've put on some threads in the past 24 hours, one could start to conclude you don't like the Leicester Speedway racetrack very much at all?

Just a feeling I'm getting?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 1

Bottled it. May start calling you robert72.

Why bring me into your tiff with the abusive troll, I never bottled anything.

Was that when I was talking to the Poole lot? By the way if you only saw one dog then I'd lost one because they were both there last night. :lol:

Not sure who you were chatting too, ah I missed the S on the end of dog, yes I saw 2 dogs with lit up flashing collars

Going back to speedway the Belle Vue track is really exciting really has lit up British speedway no home advantage at all.A credit to British speedway what about a big meeting being held there say a big individual meeting.Could be a great weekend i am sure it would be a sell out with the best riders in the world being there.Going back to Carter i am with Sommeiller on this one i will remember Carter more for his riding than the horrendous act he commmited i was thinking god how he would of loved this new Belle Vue track right up his street.

I never bottled anything.

Someone has short term memory syndrome.

The alterations we're on the third and fourth bend.

The alterations we're on the third and fourth bend.

Regardless of which bend its clearly made no difference whatsoever. What is desperately needed is a new promotion with some cadh to come in and put in a brand new track. The current one is only good for gating practice.

• Like 2

whatever,whatever about the track it was a very,very poor show from the poole team,that was the real problem,if we tonked them and picked up 4pts no comments about the track.

• Like 3

whatever,whatever about the track it was a very,very poor show from the poole team,that was the real problem,if we tonked them and picked up 4pts no comments about the track.

Yes we were not interested. But I would have been just as scathing as I was on my last visit even if we had won. Perhaps the crap track was highlighted even more because we visited BV earlier.

Get the dozers in and rip it out.

Anyway back to Speedway . The new track at Belle Vue as completely rekindled my love for the sport , not seen a bad meeting there all year , and Sunday against Poole was one of best ive seen since Hyde Road closed , ,._.One question, having never been there , why is Leicesters track so bad ? The shape ?

To be fair, since we did the track alterations pre season, the racing has been tons better at Leicester, and I am sure, there are fans on here will confirm that....

However, the weather in the run up to this fixture was truly awful..

The track was completely flooded after Saturday's horrendous thunderstorms... On Sunday, we managed to get rid of ALL the laying water by 5pm, only for the heavens to open again!!! And we were back to square one..

Then on Monday morning, on waking it was raining again!! (The only rain cloud in the UK was over Leicester!!!)

So, once the rain stopped (around 10.30am) we set about removing the fresh laying rainwater once again, which was done by lunchtime.

The rest of the day was spent on shale drying, and relaying the racing surface, which made the track slicker than normal..

Edited by Shale Searcher

To be fair, since we did the track alterations pre season, the racing has been tons better at Leicester, and I am sure, there are fans on here will confirm that....

However, the weather in the run up to this fixture was truly awful..

The track was completely flooded after Saturday's horrendous thunderstorms... On Sunday, we managed to get rid of ALL the laying water by 5pm, only for the heavens to open again!!! And we were back to square one..

Then on Monday morning, on waking it was raining again!! (The only rain cloud in the UK was over Leicester!!!)

So, once the rain stopped (around 10.30am) we set about removing the fresh laying rainwater once again, which was done by lunchtime.

The rest of the day was spent on shale drying, and relaying the racing surface, which made the track slicker than normal..

I would like to point out I am not critisizing the quality of the track prep. It is the overall shape which is the issue.

As the club are almost in receivership and not paying wages, there clearly isn't a penny spare.

What can happen next year? Hemsley has burnt his bridges ala Trump and is a goner. Even if he pays the 7000 fine they won't let him back. And he says they can stick the fine where the sun dont shine!

So any prospective buyer cant buy the place as the bspa have said no new promoters lisence will be granted until the fine is paid.

Would a new promoter who is only a tennant be prepared to spend thousands on a new track to improve the racing?

The place is doomed.

What I can't understand about the track is that it can & has produced excellent racing at times this season since the alterations to bends 3 & 4. I'm thinking particularly of the KL match when there was, by memory passing in most heats & also the second meeting against Coventry which also contained plenty of passing. But as you rightly say, generally speaking passing is pretty rare. You have been unlucky that the 2 matches against Poole this season have been the worst in terms of passing ( 2 in 30 heats, that I can think of). So if passing is possible in some meetings, why, in others is it non- existent? is it the shale, track-prep, weather conditions, I don't know, but as Shale Searcher says there was a lot of rain in the build up to Mondays meeting & the track was under water. I hope that bends 1&2 are altered next season, if there is a next season, & see if that improves things.

• Like 1

One rule that must be changed must be to prevent a team manager bringing in a better reserve to start from the gate when the original reserve is disqualified for touching the tapes. The original reserve should be made to go from 15 metres otherwise there is no punishment to the offending team who invariably benefit by scoring more points than they would originally have gained. This happened in this match when Kyle Newman was replaced by Bjarne Pedersen.

• Like 2