British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krompa

Gp Challenge Vetlanda Sep 3rd - Any Tv Coverage?

Just to sum up - the meeting starts at 4pm UK time tomorrow

DGT in between taking his excellent photo`s will be providing live updates here http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/179/speedway-grand-prix-challenge-vetlanda.html

Sportowefakty will be doing updates here http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/60481

Draw for today 3rd September in Vetlanda

Lista startowa Grand Prix Challenge w Vetlandzie (3 września):

1. Sam Masters (Australia)

2. Hans Andersen (Dania)

3. Nicolas Covatti (Włochy)

4. Krzysztof Buczkowski (Polska)

5. Martin Vaculik (Słowacja) - dzika karta

6. Peter Ljung (Szwecja)

7. Krzysztof Kasprzak (Polska)

8. Martin Smolinski (Niemcy)

9. Patryk Dudek (Polska)

10. Brady Kurtz (Australia)

11. Kenneth Bjerre (Dania)

12. Fredrik Lindgren (Szwecja) - dzika karta

13. Robert Lambert (Wielka Brytania)

14. Piotr Pawlicki (Polska)

15. Max Fricke (Australia)

16. Tomasz Jędrzejak (Polska)

17. (R1). Mikkel Bech Jensen (Dania)

18. (R2). Vaclav Milik (Czechy)

Edited by racers and royals

Hans Andersen out for tonight GP Challenge:

"...

Det er med stor ærgrelse at Jeg må melde fra til GP Challenge i dag.
Jeg har kæmpet hele ugen med at få min hånd klar til at køre i dag, men har her til morgen måtte erkende den ikke er klar.
Jeg ønsker af takke alle som har gjort deres til jeg skulle blive klar, Team Danmark, Idrætsklinikken i Silkeborg og Brian Lousdal fra Bandagist kompagniet.

It's with Big annoyance I have to pull out of today's GP Challenge. I've battle all week to get my hand fit to race tonight, but had to admit this morning it ain't ready.
I'll like to thank all the people who has done what they could for me to get get ready, Team Danmark, Idrætsklikken in Silkeborg & Brian Lousdal from Bandagist Kompagniet. ...."

He`ll be replaced by Mikkel Bech.

Is Pawlicki riding or is he sitting it out.?

Surely he would ride? Far from nailed on for top 8, and quite possible no poles will get a wild card as could easily be 4 or more qualified.

Shame for Hans, any rider who goes through the whole qualification to then get injured the week before, nightmare.

Every year we are stuck with the same problem when it comes to TV Coverage of the GP Challenge meeting. The best meeting of the year, and it is NEVER broadcast live on TV. Can anyone tell me why?

• Like 2

Every year we are stuck with the same problem when it comes to TV Coverage of the GP Challenge meeting. The best meeting of the year, and it is NEVER broadcast live on TV. Can anyone tell me why?

Presumably Dorna who hold the TV rights to it can't get anyone to pay what they want for live coverage.

I've been told it's being shown next Saturday on BT Sport. A bit late but better than nothing.

I've been told it's being shown next Saturday on BT Sport. A bit late but better than nothing.

Hi Al, I'll re-post post 51 for you:

UK TV Coverage:

BT Sport are showing Dorna's 1 hour highlights show as follows:

Friday 9th September 22.30-23.30 BT Sport 1

Saturday 10th September 06.30-07.30 BT Sport 2

It's all down to rights. The GP Challenge and Ice Racing are sold to Dorna who make recorded highlights programmes under the FIM's own banner which are then shown later.

Your answer is quite simple - either Dorna are not interested in live coverage and all the extra cost involved or are charging far too much, as put by racers and royals.

If there was enough interest away from the hardcore speedway market then something would have been sorted out. Perhaps BT being interested this year is a step in the right direction. We might rate the meeting highly but to the outside world it's just a qualifier in a minor sport.

I'd suggest that the current deal is the best BSI/FIM could get.

Just a big thank you to all concerned for posting links to various updates sites, I'll be following Robert Lamberts efforts, but we must not forget it was only a couple of years ago, he was still at school, and now he is mixing it on the World stage with some of the best riders in our sport. Good luck Robert.

It also makes me smile to think that we are talking about the lack of live TV coverage of the event, when only a few years back we were totally ignored by all forms of media, there was no such thing as "live updates or streaming" on the internet and I can remember waiting for my parents copy of the Daily Mirror to arrive each morning, so I could see the results from the previous nights matches in a tiny little box at the back of the paper, marked "other sports" How things have changed !

Lets hope for a safe meeting for all riders, and maybe we will see some new faces in the GP next year.

• Like 1

Surely he would ride? Far from nailed on for top 8, and quite possible no poles will get a wild card as could easily be 4 or more qualified.

He needs to qualify as you have said he is not a certainty for a top eight place if he qualifies tonight he can then go out and try to enjoy the rest of the GPS.

I can see a complete shock result arising from the challenge.

Lindgren, Dudek & Fricke top 3!