British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krompa

Gp Challenge Vetlanda Sep 3rd - Any Tv Coverage?

Either or both of the Lagutas at their very best would be good for the GP's, but they dont seem consistent enough. I know Vaculick has qualified, but hes another one that cant seem to string consistent performances together.

Bjerre in with a chance if Freddie gets into the top 8 anyway.......pah!!!

Series reserves are picked, not qualified.

For me get Emil in the GP line up, it then would be the best line up it ever could be. Maybe there could be a case for Laguta at his very best.

Hasnt been at his best this season and while i agree he would spice it up and be a contender i think the likes of Iversen Zagar and Pedersen would deserve a pick far more.

That leaves the one place that in my mind will be Hampel or Kildemand

Hasnt been at his best this season and while i agree he would spice it up and be a contender i think the likes of Iversen Zagar and Pedersen would deserve a pick far more.

That leaves the one place that in my mind will be Hampel or Kildemand

For me Emil,Darcy, Tai are the best of there generation a tragedy we never see them strut there stuff against each other.
  • Like 1

For me Emil,Darcy, Tai are the best of there generation a tragedy we never see them strut there stuff against each other.

They were and Tai always had the edge over the other 2 though time would have maybe told a different story.

I just think that riders who have graced the series for a number of years and done themselves proud (especially a 3x world champion like Nicki) deserve that 1 chance at least to put a poor season behind them. Thats why i feel Zagar, Iversen and Pedersen in particular warrant a wild card.

Emil is arguably better than all 3 of them but he hasnt ridden in it for a few years now, so i would definatly put the three riders i mentioned ahead of him. Riders like Jonsson who have struggled for a number of years should be left out now

Such a shame because i had the pleasure of seeing Darcy ride last year and he looked fit and his gating seemed to have improved.I am convinced he would of had a hell of a chance of being WC I rated him higher than Tai but now we are robbed of the chance of him proving it.Emil is a talent is his temperment suspect? there are doubts but when on it one hell of a rider.

Such a shame because i had the pleasure of seeing Darcy ride last year and he looked fit and his gating seemed to have improved.I am convinced he would of had a hell of a chance of being WC I rated him higher than Tai but now we are robbed of the chance of him proving it.Emil is a talent is his temperment suspect? there are doubts but when on it one hell of a rider.

Emils temperament, what about Wards ????

They were and Tai always had the edge over the other 2 though time would have maybe told a different story.

I just think that riders who have graced the series for a number of years and done themselves proud (especially a 3x world champion like Nicki) deserve that 1 chance at least to put a poor season behind them. Thats why i feel Zagar, Iversen and Pedersen in particular warrant a wild card.

Emil is arguably better than all 3 of them but he hasnt ridden in it for a few years now, so i would definatly put the three riders i mentioned ahead of him. Riders like Jonsson who have struggled for a number of years should be left out now

Tend to agree with what you said Gavan.

I dont think Emils temperament is a problem. What I DONT see just recently with Emil is a happy chirpy fellow like he used to be. Either he is still carrying an injury or hes not happy with something - maybe that his management have advised him away from the SGP's and he realising he should have been in it over the "missing" years ie 2014-15-16 and possibly 2017..

Temperment probably not the right word is Emil really confident in his own ability.?We will never know about Darcy now but temperment would not of been the reason of him not winning a world title in my view.

Tend to agree with what you said Gavan.

I dont think Emils temperament is a problem. What I DONT see just recently with Emil is a happy chirpy fellow like he used to be. Either he is still carrying an injury or hes not happy with something - maybe that his management have advised him away from the SGP's and he realising he should have been in it over the "missing" years ie 2014-15-16 and possibly 2017..

Think you are right Ove i think he may have comeback a bit to early something not quite right with him.

HAD a long chat with Emil at the SWC. He is very happy off the track with a young family. Keeps talking about returning to the SGP but the clock is ticking.

For me get Emil in the GP line up, it then would be the best line up it ever could be. Maybe there could be a case for Laguta at his very best.

I agree that it would be great to see Sayfutdinov back in SGP but I think it would be unfair he should get back as a wild card pick, it was his choice he left SGP and I think if he is to get back in it should be through the qualification meetings.

• Like 1

He had the perfect temperament, did you ever see him phased by anything, natural riders just ooze confidence, they don't have to work it out too much, it just happens. He seemed like he came back from his ban with a different attitude and that would've stood him in good stead to push for number one in the adult world of speedway, til fate devastatingly intervened :( Edited by Trees