British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krompa

Gp Challenge Vetlanda Sep 3rd - Any Tv Coverage?

Peoplevsaid the same about Woofinden. In his first year he struggled but it was a learning experience.

Woffy had been an 8+ EL rider and was riding in Poland. Lambert has a near 7 point EL average, no polish experience and is averaging about 4 in Sweden.

Id he makes it he'll get my full support but he's still a little short of GP level of he's relying on a wildcard IMO.

I have emailed Dorna to ask about TV coverage of the meeting- either live or whole/ highlights being shown later. Hopefully I will get an answer- I did last year when I asked the same question.

Speedway Star should be providing heat by heat updates on the GP Challenge on their Twitter page, @speedwaystarmag

Flight & hire car was a nightmare to sort out for this one!

Flight & hire car was a nightmare to sort out for this one!

We are on a nice connection.... Bremen to Skavsta and back from Skavsta to Maastricht via Katowice lol.

Stansted to Gothenburg on Saturday morning is only £23- getting back is the problem !!!!!

I got Gothenburg to Gatwick back but Stansted Gothenburg out!

Because even though speedwy in Britain is struggling at this time, we are still one of the major nations. One rider out of 16 is not enough. What would be the point loading the GP with 5-6 or more Poles, who are all good but rarely outstanding on the world stage?

There has to be a variety of nations and Britain deserves more than one berth IMO.

Remember 1996? You had 6 GP riders and all of them were either average or bad, Poland had only Gollob back then who was a wildcard and rode in 3 or 4 meetings. Just accept the fact that times have changed, there's only one British rider at the moment who's good enough to compete in the GP series, anyone more than him is (Harris) or would be a joke (Lambert). Poland have 3 riders who do well/reasonably well in GP (Zmarzlik, Pawlicki, Janowski) at the moment and few more waiting for their chance (Dudek) or big come back (KK, Hampel). I'm not saying we deserve 6 riders in GP, I like variety as well, but I prefer quality over variety. Thank god there's a chance we'll have both - Dudek, Milik and Vaculik to finish top3 in Vetlanda :)

As for wildcards for 2017, it's still pretty early but at the moment it looks pretty straightforward - Nicki, Zagar, Iversen and, unfortunately, Lindgren.

No - stop with the guff like Zagar/Iversen/Jonsson and even Lindgren. They were never that good anyway (other than the odd freak season) and they never will be. Nicki at least has the excuse of being a 3x WC.

Oh believe me, I agree 100% with you, but we know BSI, the wildcards will go to Nicki (3x WC), Zagar (7th, 5th and 6th last 3 years), Iversen (3rd in 2013, injured in 2014, 4th in 2015) and one of the Swedes, just because BSI is kind of like Steve Shovlar and they believe that some nations 'deserve' more than just one GP rider. They won't give it to Jonsson cause he's been ridiculousy terrible this year and basically very poor since 2012, so it will be Lindgren.

Edited by tarkens

It depends on the gp challenge and which riders that qualify or does not qualify.

Agreed. But on for I would find it hard to argue with wildcards going to pedersen puk Lindgren and zagar if the top 8 finishes as it is now. If emil is interested, then I would say zagar misses out.

Would love to see dudek fricke and lambert qualify, but more likely to be dudek kk and pawlicki. Of course if pawlicki makes top 8 then 4th spot gets a place, which could well be someone like Lindgren.

Outside those mentioned above, I'd suggest only Vaculik would bring anything to the GP series so I really hope it is 3 from the above 7, in which case it should be another good series next year.