British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Stockholm Gp Saturday September 24th

Delighted for Doyle, seems like a genuinely nice bloke. Just hope he avoids injuries and gets a fair shot at continuing his form. Woffinden has got worse and worse lately, nothing working out for him. Only Hancock can catch Doyle now but if he rides in both GP's, it's surely his championship.

• Like 1

That line up had people saying it's not like when it was Mauger, Olsen; Collins ,Lee etc...people always look at a by gone era and think riders ere better

Well at least they couldn't say that when Vic Huxley, Frank Arthur, Sprouts Elder, Billy Lamont and Charlie Spinks were lining up to fight it out for the early trophies!

Edited by norbold

Bang on, this is for me the worst ever GP line up. If Doyle wins it he will be the worst GP series World Champion.

You've even missed out Todd Wiltshire, a pre injury Lukas Dryml and Andy Smith..

Bollocks.

You have arguably the greatest American and British rider of all time. 3 young poles who are part of the brightest generation any one nation has produced sincec1980s Denmark. Arguably the 2 best aussie riders (excluding ward) since the 40s. Then the likes of nicki, puk etc.

The series is missing only emil and dudek of genuine contenders.

And Doyle I would certainly crate ahead of 2000 Loram for example.

I wonder if when Ivan was winning his first title at the age of 30 people were saying, "Imagine that, a rider who failed and had to go home winning a title, whatever next? Things were certainly better in when Barry and Ove were ruling the roost" - that 30 year old Ivan went on to win 5 more titles and to this day is held up as the example that others should follow. But it took him until he was 28 to make a World Final and 30 to win one, how is that any different to Jason Doyle?

I don't think some people appreciate how good he is right now, 3 GP wins in a row is massive for anyone in any era. Its possible in 4 or 5 years time when he's won a few titles and been up the top for a little while people will forget the years he was an EL journeyman. Not all riders can suddenly burst onto the scene before they're 23! In fact many rider have burst onto the scene before they're 23, set to be multi-World Champions and won nothing.

Edited by SCB

Another fantastic performance from Doyle, surely it is his title to lose now, can he cope with that pressure? Fabulous stuff from Zagar glad he has found some form. Is Iversen the unluckiest rider this year I wonder, deserves I Wildcard next year.

People also forget that Doyle would have finished on the podium last year, bit for half a dozen "moments of madness" where he crashed/got excluded and cost himself not just points but semi and final places. Must have been easily 20 points he threw away.

Doesn't count if you cheat ya bam.Dudek only scored the same amount of points as Smolinski this season,anyway

Dudek is a class act and will be a threat to everybody.

Arguably the 2 best aussie riders (excluding ward) since the 40s.

Very arguably. My money would be on Jack Young and Jason Crump. Though I do agree with your general point.

• Like 1

Such a shame that the GP's have gone to the Friends Arena in the post TRik era as it is a wonderful Stadium and I for one hope they keep a GP in Stockholm as it's a beautiful city.

I thought it was a decent GP. Some good racing a few incidents but the atmosphere was a little flat except for when Fast Freddie was scoring his points. It must have been disappointing for the locals that they had 4 riders and 3 were very ordinary to say the least. If Lindback was in Cardiff form it could have been a whole different story.

I thought this as well. Tuning into the Live Stream, I was expecting a "Full House" . . . and, as I'm trying to spread the 'good word' of Speedway over here in The States, had invited others to watch as well - with the statement, "Check it out, That place will be packed!".

I was very surprised to see all the empty seats. :(

HB

I'd be interested to hear what the "offical" attendance is as it looks as though someone (not BSI ;) ) has lost their shirt on this one.

WOW! Excellent photos . . . thanx for sharing!

HB

Here are some photos from the SGP in Stockholm

all photos copyright by LS-Photo

http://get.google.com/albumarchive/114630658458485823371/album/AF1QipPlTik4GdSOr2SBmWgOcdyGd7xK-olLZvuqYuU2?source=pwa

Great photos! Thank you for sharing!

P.S. - What's the deal with them drinking from their boot?!?! I'd never drink anything out of my racing boot! LOL

HB

Here are some photos from the SGP in Stockholm

all photos copyright by LS-Photo

http://get.google.com/albumarchive/114630658458485823371/album/AF1QipPlTik4GdSOr2SBmWgOcdyGd7xK-olLZvuqYuU2?source=pwa

Some great photos, particularly like the ones of the riders in a row and the podium one with the champers being sprayed at Doyle ....

Great photos! Thank you for sharing!

P.S. - What's the deal with them drinking from their boot?!?! I'd never drink anything out of my racing boot! LOL

HB

Isn't it something that the MotoGP boys dud recently?