British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Premier League Sunday 28 August 2016

Mark and Erik aren't twins, Erik is exactly 1 year younger.

Thanks for putting me straight, I was convinced they were twins!

As posted on Facebook and Twitter and the Website

Tonight's meeting is ON!!

• Like 1

Isnt there a rule that you cant have r/r more than once for the same injury?

Pity we have to go without Erik who goes well at Brough, we'll need a big effort from everyone else

Germans are getting a bit threatening.

I blame Frau Merkel.

Going to be a hammering for our lads.

sounds about right Eric or no Eric

While the main concern is always with an injured rider I see that there is now an hour's delay tonight. Did Newcastle not have 2 ambulances in recent years? Maybe costs have curtailed this facility?

I thought the curfew was at 9pm?

Cracking effort from the lads considering a thought we were going to receive a serious pumping. If the meeting had gone the distance I don't think we would of got anything but we'll take the point quite happily.

Hope young Dan is okay been on cracking form of late and could really do with him being fit and hope rose is okay also.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Think that was misleading. There is certainly no 9pm curfew as we sometimes run on Mondays with 7.30pm start time and those meetings often run beyond 9pm. Obviously you can't run meetings too late so I guess at some point a decision to abandon has to be made.

Wasn't there tonight but I really hope Lewis hasn't suffered a season ending injury. That would be a massive blow to us and Lewis. Obviously hope Dan is ok too.

• Like 1

While the main concern is always with an injured rider I see that there is now an hour's delay tonight. Did Newcastle not have 2 ambulances in recent years? Maybe costs have curtailed this facility?

I seem to think Newcastle have 2 or 3 ambulance's. They also have 2 paramedic's and a doctor (or vice-versa) at the matches so the injured rider's safety must be the first priority.

I hope both rider's are not to badly injured.

Not tonight it seems - delays for more ambulances

Best wishes to Lewis & Dan. Both have been flying recently.

• Like 1

I thought the curfew was at 9pm?

Cracking effort from the lads considering a thought we were going to receive a serious pumping. If the meeting had gone the distance I don't think we would of got anything but we'll take the point quite happily.

Hope young Dan is okay been on cracking form of late and could really do with him being fit and hope rose is okay also.

First and foremost I hope both riders are ok and back in the saddle again soon. Tonight though fully illustrated my point on why I can't for the life of me see why DP has not been replaced. It nearly cost us tonight and an average of just around 1.4 for a full season is not good enough. I'm all for loyalty but surely it's not beneficial to the team and to the rider himself. Answers please on a postcard, as I can't think of one valid reason he has not been replaced months ago.

Edited by acclennell

Not tonight it seems - delays for more ambulances

Best wishes to Lewis & Dan. Both have been flying recently.

Sorry if I am wrong.

When a meeting was cut short at Berwick last season for the same reason as tonight, it was mentioned what the set up was at Newcastle. I seem to recall this is what was said.

'pummelling' is before that ;)

[Thraping] is a good one, pronounced thrape'ing (Thraped)

Then there's also [Decimating] or (Decimated)

Also a good one is [Drubbing] (Drubbed)

-------------------------------------

So, what happened to Lewis and Dan? Same incident or separate?

Edited by Shale Searcher