British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Buxton Mon 29th Aug -late Afternoon

With the return of Hunter and retaining Woods i would expect the Raiders to actually win this one,,,Branford ,,Morley and Priest should have a field day .If the preceeding Rockets match does not take to much out of Rob and Ben,,.Lets hope the meeting runs slicker than the last double header here,,Drawn out affairs are a big turn off for the fans..Weather forecast is good..Wishing all the riders a good safe meeting.....

• Like 1

With the return of Hunter and retaining Woods i would expect the Raiders to actually win this one,,,Branford ,,Morley and Priest should have a field day .If the preceeding Rockets match does not take to much out of Rob and Ben,,.Lets hope the meeting runs slicker than the last double header here,,Drawn out affairs are a big turn off for the fans..Weather forecast is good..Wishing all the riders a good safe meeting.....

Track will be very slick. Not ideal going into bends 1 & 3. Expect a few fallers on the marble like surface.

Like you, I'm not struck on double headers

Raiders should be strong enough at the top end to take the points

Edited by Shads

I can't face another 5 hour marathon at rye. It looks like kent v Eastbourne for me tomorrow.

It makes you wonder why two clubs this close together run on the same day..Both likely to lose customers..But for me Kent is such a poor racing track ( only one line ),,,given the choice i would always pick Rye House..Though both tracks could do with some more dirt to improve the racing,,,,

Edited by waco

Kent has good facilities and a positive feel about the place. Rye is in a state, and the ultra slick track has been a real downer for me this season. 30 heats on concrete, no thanks.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates Site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Like others 5 hour matches don't do it for me. Given a choice I'd have gone to see Sutton v Dagenham & Redbridge or Kent v Eastbourne. But after having surgery in hospital I can't do either!

There is just never is any urgency at Rye and quite frankly the speedway venture by the new management will fail miserably unless they buck their ideas up. The track under Len wasn't up to much last year but this year has been appalling at times.

Buxton will be lucky to pick anything up today although Tom Bacon a great guest for the Hitmen. So at least he'll make it interesting.

Edited by Paul

7.30 and we've had 8 heats. Been here since 2pm. Falls, delays for rider replacement when a rider has 2 on the trot and three junior races have dragged this on way too long. We're giving it until 8 then We're off. I'm starving!!

• Like 1

My mates just text me and the meeting finished at 8:18. 5 hours 18 minutes disgusting.

We left after heat 13. Lost interest. Why they bothered with 3 junior races heaven only knows.

Track was dusty with little or no grip.

Not a great advert for NL speedway. It didn't help that Buxton were absolute horse sh*t

There's a double header NL meeting with a junior match fitted in somewhere amongst that in a couple of weeks. How long d'ya reckon that'll take?

I'll be up north following the Rockets thankfully.

Edited by Shads

There's a double header NL meeting with a junior match fitted in somewhere amongst that in a couple of weeks. How long d'ya reckon that'll take?

I'll be up north following the Rockets thankfully.

3 months

Tonights marathon does not bode well for a Raiders double header,,plus some other junior meet thrown in as well this is not what the fans want,, And if the Rockets are away no Branford or Morley ..Who is going to watch that !...,The match was easy for the Raiders against a weak Buxton side but it gave some usefull experience to the lower order who all managed a few points,,, score line was as easy as it looks 56 -34 ,,Even Priest had a 12 point max up till heat 15 where he got the nod over Ben.. Due to the dragged out after noon the fans were drifting away during the Raiders match and it is understandable..Some if not all the delays are avoidable.......

Edited by waco
  • Like 2