British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProperSport

Speedway Gp's 2017

Hi all

Dont post on here much so be friendly :t: , my daughter who is Speedway mad and got into the sport a couple of years ago ( been to Cardiff for the GP , Belle Vue , Workington , Buxton and Scunthorpe this year ) has asked for her 16th Birthday/GCSE results for a GP abroad ( ruled out Australia due to cost ) and wondered what in peoples opinion would be a good venue ( will go via Speedway Travel Tours ) for a trip and some good Speedway , my initial thoughts where Poland as the fans are so passionate ( Ive only done Torun when Tai won his his first World Title ) ...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Hi all

Dont post on here much so be friendly :t: , my daughter who is Speedway mad and got into the sport a couple of years ago ( been to Cardiff for the GP , Belle Vue , Workington , Buxton and Scunthorpe this year ) has asked for her 16th Birthday/GCSE results for a GP abroad ( ruled out Australia due to cost ) and wondered what in peoples opinion would be a good venue ( will go via Speedway Travel Tours ) for a trip and some good Speedway , my initial thoughts where Poland as the fans are so passionate ( Ive only done Torun when Tai won his his first World Title ) ...

Thanks

Chris

My advice would be Stockholm or Prague - I have always looked upon the speedway as only part of the weekend experience- and these 2 are great cities to visit.

• Like 2

Hi all

Thanks

Chris

I'd only use STT if the track is miles away from the city centre as it's handy to have a coach available. Otherwise you can book for half the price by using the internet to book flight, hotel and ticket. You can get to Prague or Stockholm's track easily by public transport in less than 30 minutes. Use this website for details of the GP http://speedwaygp.com/calendar

My advice would be Stockholm or Prague - I have always looked upon the speedway as only part of the weekend experience- and these 2 are great cities to visit.

Racers what did you like about Stockholm..? my son played football in Eskinstuna for three years loved going over there loved the country.

Racers what did you like about Stockholm..? my son played football in Eskinstuna for three years loved going over there loved the country.

Obviously being a big Abba fan ;) I liked the Abba story museum- and the Vasa museum is excellent. I`m going again in 3 weeks and again in Feb 2017 for a birthday celebration. We did a city bus hop on hop off tour as well and a trip on the water.

Edited by racers and royals

Obviously being a big Abba fan ;) I liked the Abba story museum- and the Vasa museum is excellent. I`m going again in 3 weeks and again in Feb 2017 for a birthday celebration.

We did a city bus hop on hop off tour as well and a trip on the water.

I would strongly advise against hop on hop off buses. In my experience they are way overpriced. Buy a public transport pass (like a 72 hours pass) and travel by public transport.

A 72 hours pbtr-pass is 230SEK (about £20) and offers much greater value then HoHo buses.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I would strongly advise against hop on hop off buses. In my experience they are way overpriced. Buy a public transport pass (like a 72 hours pass) and travel by public transport.

A 72 hours pbtr-pass is 230SEK (about £20) and offers much greater value then HoHo buses.

You do however get a commentary for your money ;)

New to this forum, but as a fellow 'Racers and Royals' fan, going to my first ever overseas GP in just a few weeks time, I felt encouraged to post.

We've chosen Stockholm for our first GP outing abroad for many of the reasons already mentioned (easy to get to, a large city to explore etc), but really what encouraged us to book was the added degree of certainty that the event should go ahead given the stadium roof.

Would be heartbroken getting all the way to an event for it to be postponed due to the weather (like what happened the other day in Malilla). Has happened plenty of times when driving just an hour down the road to Swindon and that's bad enough! :)

Thanks very much for the replies

Will keep you posted upon what I book but very much appreciated - Sweden does indeed sound good

Thanks

Chriis

Thanks very much for the replies

Will keep you posted upon what I book but very much appreciated - Sweden does indeed sound good

Thanks

Chriis

If you go to Stockholm- I can recommend a really superb restaurant.

I once managed a decent bar crawl round Stockholm - but it took a surprise win on the roulette table in the first bar to fund it....

That was thirty years ago, lord knows what it's like now. Funny how they try to restrict tax booze out of the consumer's pocket (and fail) but allow gaming tables in ordinary bars.

Stunning city though.

Edited by rmc

I hope the SWC final & race-off is in Poland, at somewhere I haven't been. An SGP or SEC Event in Riga, with a Polish league match in Daugavpils on the Sunday. That would sort at least a couple of vacations next year.

That was thirty years ago, lord knows what it's like now. Funny how they try to restrict tax booze out of the consumer's pocket (and fail) but allow gaming tables in ordinary bars.

Although not cheap, it's not as expensive as it once was. The beer prices didn't seem to be much above those in London when I went recently, and you could eat out in the centre of town for 25-30 quid a head.

Similarly I'd been told how expensive drinking in Finland was, but was in helsinki last week and prices barely different to what you would pay in aussie or nz.