British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Changes At Poole

What a fkn joke that is picking an choosing tracks because they dislike how pathetic will things become

Especially when neither number one wants to ride at Lakeside or Leicester

You do talk twaddle at times Gavan. If you don't think Holder Iveson or Jonson are not pulling up any trees check who is top of the averages. In addition Jonsson is joint second highest bonus point scorer at Lakeside, and shepherding partners hold on top of riding at No 1 takes some doing.

As for engines you really don't know what you are talking about. The engines tuned for EL tracks are generally unsuitable for Polish tracks and vice versa. AJ in particular spent a fortune on engines and tuners when he returned to EL racing last year. If you saw the equipment in his van you woukd know the man is an absolute perfectionist who doesn't cut unnecessary corners. The others are much the. Same otherwise they wouldn't be at the top .

As for mechanics You can't expect them to fly their Polish mechanics over every time they come but when AJ returned the the EL last year he did bring his two Polish mechanics with him to show his Lakeside mechanic how he wants things done, and his English mechanic is himself a top man who has spannered for Greg Hancock among others, so there is no question of dumbing down. You only have to look at who the sponsors of these top guys are to see how good their equipment and preparation is.

None of them are top of the averages.

UK isn't the place for top flight speedway anymore. There's not enough money to make the tracks decent enough to get the top riders to give it their all, and there's not enough money to bring new blood into the sport. Frankly Britain's offerings at the moment are a pile of s**t, except for possibly Robert Lambert. It's no surprise that British speedway is failing miserable and their GB world cup team is being carried by an Aussie.

Can't say I blame them tbh. Wasn't Sam Masters cheering on Swindon when they were at Wolves the other night cos he doesn't want Lakeside in the playoffs!

You do talk twaddle at times Gavan. If you don't think Holder Iveson or Jonson are not pulling up any trees check who is top of the averages. In addition Jonsson is joint second highest bonus point scorer at Lakeside, and shepherding partners hold on top of riding at No 1 takes some doing.

As for engines you really don't know what you are talking about. The engines tuned for EL tracks are generally unsuitable for Polish tracks and vice versa. AJ in particular spent a fortune on engines and tuners when he returned to EL racing last year. If you saw the equipment in his van you woukd know the man is an absolute perfectionist who doesn't cut unnecessary corners. The others are much the. Same otherwise they wouldn't be at the top .

As for mechanics You can't expect them to fly their Polish mechanics over every time they come but when AJ returned the the EL last year he did bring his two Polish mechanics with him to show his Lakeside mechanic how he wants things done, and his English mechanic is himself a top man who has spannered for Greg Hancock among others, so there is no question of dumbing down. You only have to look at who the sponsors of these top guys are to see how good their equipment and preparation is.

completly misunderstanding what I'm saying. The sheer ability and talent of these guys in a watered down elite league will always see the likes of Holder and Jonsson towards the top of the averages. They simply don't have their best stuff here or prepare properly for it. The year after Mark Loram was world champion he rode for Peterborough in the UK and I believe Luxo stars in Sweden and a big move to

Bydgoszcz in Poland. All 3 were new clubs. I can categorically tell you that he was on very big money in Poland almost treble that in the UK. If he didn't perform he wasn't paid or under threat of the sack. Sweden paid him more as well. 100% Mark had his best engines out in Poland. He was riding big tracks as a home club in the UK and Poland but he never used his Polish engines over here. His average in the UK went down and not through effort but through importance. It went on them and it goes on now

Could see the logic of the first season of the FTR 's of protected heats but that is just messing about with the averages now.

They either need to use their PL averages next season of convert their current EL averages minus the 'protected heats' and revert back to a previous heat format where everybody races everyone with no protection.

It will be interesting to see what this new 6 man team heat formula is going to be as it's clear that is happening next season.

One of the 6 I hope is British at 'reserve'.

they will be using pl averages again , look how low newmans is .....

• Like 1

Thankyou Mrs Jonsson

they will be using pl averages again , look how low newmans is .....

I can't believe he's still only a 6 average after all the years he's been in the PL. He seems to have come to a stand still.

Yes if they did use PL averages he would be near the bottom of the list as riders like Starke, Wright,Auty, Worrall and Howarth have higher ones.

Steve worrall's is now 8.98 which is impressive. I imagine like Garrity who has a 8.43 average, Worrall may be too good to be on the draft list next year and instead make the move in to the top 5.

They both have higher PL averages than R Lambert, Barker, Robson & Stead so would mean having to add those otherwise

Edited by mdmc82

If Hans is out for the season, Matt dosn't have many options with a 7.15 average. Shamek likely to be the best option on a 6.75, Dudek im sure now would be more than a 7.00 as would Bartosz.

So option wise there isn't a massive amount out there, MJJ or Leon Madsen too.

been happening for years some riders always seam to be unwell when a team travels to a track they cant get on with

just think yourself lucky theres only belle vue up north in the ellite league as workington and berwick often get the same riders from southern clubs who get a illness the day before there due to travel north but are ok to ride on a sunday or monday

If Hans is out for the season, Matt dosn't have many options with a 7.15 average. Shamek likely to be the best option on a 6.75, Dudek im sure now would be more than a 7.00 as would Bartosz.

There all in better form than Hans
  • Like 1

I thought we can bring a rider in whose team is not in the play offs if that is the case Danny king if is average OK would be my choice at the moment in top form for Coventry at the moment

I can't believe he's still only a 6 average after all the years he's been in the PL. He seems to have come to a stand still.

Yes if they did use PL averages he would be near the bottom of the list as riders like Starke, Wright,Auty, Worrall and Howarth have higher ones.

Steve worrall's is now 8.98 which is impressive. I imagine like Garrity who has a 8.43 average, Worrall may be too good to be on the draft list next year and instead make the move in to the top 5.

They both have higher PL averages than R Lambert, Barker, Robson & Stead so would mean having to add those otherwise

I dont know what others think but i do think Newman,s EL figures are misleading i think he has improved as a rider certainly when i have seen him ride.S.Worrall,Garrity,Starke,Bates,Ellis,Clegg,Jacobs (terrific) are the improvers.Howarth has disappointed me to be honest and also i am surprised how high Auty's home average is with him being such a poor gater.

I dont know what others think but i do think Newman,s EL figures are misleading i think he has improved as a rider certainly when i have seen him ride.S.Worrall,Garrity,Starke,Bates,Ellis,Clegg,Jacobs (terrific) are the improvers.Howarth has disappointed me to be honest and also i am surprised how high Auty's home average is with him being such a poor gater.

Did you see his races at BV last week ? Best ive seen him ride this season.

Did you see his races at BV last week ? Best ive seen him ride this season.

I agree he was superb have time for all the Brits want them all to progress Blackburn Parkinson,Hume , Bailey, Bewley are four that i have hopes for.
  • Like 2