British Speedway Forum
Humphrey Appleby

The Crisp Crack Of Leather On Willow

For probably the first and only time in Australia, we find a pitch that looks like one you'll get in the first game of the season in England. 

And they leave out Anderson :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

For probably the first and only time in Australia, we find a pitch that looks like one you'll get in the first game of the season in England. 

And they leave out Anderson :rofl:

Clearly they don't know what Tasmania is like. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Clearly they don't know what Tasmania is like. :D

Would be happy to leave Silverwood there so he can get a better idea. 

You could say this is actually the worst day of the tour. Left out Anderson. Robinson clearly wasn't fit enough. Woakes and Pope have already been dropped, why are they coming back in before Overton and Lawrence get an opportunity? And considering conditions, Australia look well above par already despite being 3 down cheaply. 

5 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Would be happy to leave Silverwood there so he can get a better idea. 

You could say this is actually the worst day of the tour. Left out Anderson. Robinson clearly wasn't fit enough. Woakes and Pope have already been dropped, why are they coming back in before Overton and Lawrence get an opportunity? And considering conditions, Australia look well above par already despite being 3 down cheaply. 

We had an opportunity to mix it up and yet as per usual we will just go with the core players.

In fairness to Woakes he has not been great with the ball but he's actually batted quite well. 

Playing Pope not surprised that they went with Woakes

I am unsurprised that they left Anderson out, as i thought he didn't look as threatening as other bowlers in the  last test.

The bad decision looks to have been Robinson playing when he might not have been 100% 

Even day in the end, but this is where we go really wrong, bowled well Australia in trouble and we let them of the hook, which has been a massive problem for us for a few years.

It's a massive game for Pope,  he really needs to contribute something.

Marnus ending up on the floor was pretty amusing :rofl:

Seems the ECB are starting to realise we are really quite average now.

All aspects of our game need looking at.

However it's worrying that the Squad wants to stick with Root, Root wants to stick with Silverwood.

Really can't see the logic in either, Root may stay in the role simply because there is no better alternative & unlikely that anyone else will take it on.

Edited by CrystalCastles
Added additional comments

i See John Lewis  the England Bowling coach  ( swindon finest ) has given Robinson a public roasting about his fitness levels .. Good to  see India lose the series v SA and see Virat get sour thou that  ball tracking  on the lbw looked a shocker ..

Another depressingly familiar performance from England so far 

• Like 1

Test continues a break neck pace with Australia batting in their second innings at the end of the second day. As usual its the England bowlers who are just about keeping them in it.

I woke up this morning and just for a moment like a fool i thought we had hope before the normal collapse . The last 5 wickets have to be some of the worst shots in the history of test cricket .

On another note don't want to sound like a old duffer but i cant be having pink ball under lights in Test Cricket and ever more so in a ashes series . Its makes it a complete lottery and its almost impossible to bat under those conditions . makes it a farce 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, orion said:

I woke up this morning and just for a moment like a fool i thought we had hope before the normal collapse . The last 5 wickets have to be some of the worst shots in the history of test cricket .

On another note don't want to sound like a old duffer but i cant be having pink ball under lights in Test Cricket and ever more so in a ashes series . Its makes it a complete lottery and its almost impossible to bat under those conditions . makes it a farce 

To think England felt the pink ball Tests gave them a chance.. Agree with what you say though - they are a lottery.

• Like 1

To be fair to the batting line-up, on this occasion the Australians struggled just as much. They should have been bowled out for 200 at most in their 1st innings given the conditions and even this morning it was a missed opportunity at 60-6. 

Interesting to see that the ECB have asked for players to be allowed into Sheffield Shield cricket. Australia will probably reject that but worth a try. I'd be asking NZ, SA and Pakistan as well. 

• Like 1

Other than Root bowled by a freak  delivery that didnt bounce , the rest of teh test team need to be sent home on the same plane as Djokovic and have their visas revoked for at least 3 years. New team needed to play test cricket. They are all a bunch of one day sloggers - don't want to stay at the crease longer than 10 minutes.

Not sure any of  them are good enough to play in the Sheffield Shield matches ....... the Big Bash is all they are capable of playing.

Good to see the U19s make the World Cup final, brave decision to go with Ahmed the leg-spinner in the penultimate over but it certainly worked. Australia-India in the other semi-final today. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Good to see the U19s make the World Cup final, brave decision to go with Ahmed the leg-spinner in the penultimate over but it certainly worked. Australia-India in the other semi-final today. 

Enjoy both Semi - Finals .. after looking at both i would feel that England would be up against it in the final . Very impressed with the  Aflgans  you just hope that they allowed to progress now it's all change as the future looks bright for them .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Very impressed with the  Aflgans  you just hope that they allowed to progress now it's all change as the future looks bright for them .

Don't hold out much hope for their women's team, though...

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

Don't hold out much hope for their women's team, though...

Watching Women Cricket maybe they have  the right idea :D  i thought i might be seeing you at the Circus Tavern tomorrow .

Edited by orion