British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Sheffield (pl) 04/09/16

Our final home PL Meeting of the season and a must win if we want the chance to finish above Newcastle.

Sheffield look to consolidate their place in the top 6. Must admit I had them a couple of places up the table and they're a quality side throughout with Dimitri, Bates and wildman Liam Garracher sure to entertain.

Must admit I'd have been fairly confident about this a month ago, but on the back of two losses and some disappointing individual performances I'm hoping for a win but don't expect it to be a walkover.

*My prediction record is crap though and I'll be happy to just have got the date right.

• Like 3

A lot depends on the team order with the new averages. Summers needs away from No1 but will he be replaced by Worrall or Lawson? Also will Lunna and Garcia switch places?

I am waiting on the Edinburgh thread starting to give my prediction off two 40 point away wins.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow went 50+ points at home. Sure, Sheffield are a good team with quality riders. But it won't be enough. 54-36 to Glasgow is my prediction. Good luck to both teams, should be a great meeting.

A lot depends on the team order with the new averages. Summers needs away from No1 but will he be replaced by Worrall or Lawson? Also will Lunna and Garcia switch places?

From the Glasgow Tigers fb page:-

1. Lawson

2. Lunna

3. Worrall

4. Bach

5. Summers ©

6. Garcia

7. Ayres

Think this has the potential to be as close a scoreline as the match against Somerset, but would think Glasgow will have the score in their favour.

Should be interesting to see how berge does, on a track he knows, given his decent run of form of late.

Wonder if Bates can stay on the bike yet and ride Ashfield well.

Garrity is always good for a few thrills, and if Steady rides like the way everyone knows he can this should be a decent afternoons entertainment.

• Like 3

Think this has the potential to be as close a scoreline as the match against Somerset, but would think Glasgow will have the score in their favour.

Should be interesting to see how berge does, on a track he knows, given his decent run of form of late.

Wonder if Bates can stay on the bike yet and ride Ashfield well.

Garrity is always good for a few thrills, and if Steady rides like the way everyone knows he can this should be a decent afternoons entertainment.

Spot on assessment. Think Glasgow's reserves will outscore Sheffields so should be a home win. Our heat leader trio had an off night in the EL tonight, hopefully they and there bikes all ok for sunday

A real tough fixture I believe, Sheffield had a very convincing win against Rye House on Thursday evening and will turn up on Sunday full of confidence, Glasgow must start better and with Lawson back at no one I think they will, Summers back at number five will help him as he has struggled at number one for some reason, I predict a close meeting with Glasgow winning but Sheffield to get a point.

From the Sheffield Star:-

GLASGOW: Richard Lawson, Nike Lunna, Richie Worrall, Rene Bach, Aaron Summers, Fernando Garcia, Danny Ayres.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Josh Bates, Dimitri Berge, Kyle Howarth, Jason Garrity, Arthur Sissis, Nathan Greaves.

Would be nice to Sheffield get something out of this meeting, but the team this season has been very inconsistent so I think it could be a bit of a pipe dream.

Particularly hoping that Berge has a good meeting against his former team, as he has been a revelation for us this season and along with Garrity been our most consistent performer.

If Garrity performs as normal at Ashfield he'll be on his arse at least once when leading a race. Narrow home win predicted.

Edited by MD

Garrity could well go unbeaten tomorrow.

Could being the word.