British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Rye House Pl 1/9/16 @ 7.30

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Josh Bates, Dimitri Berge, Kyle Howarth, Jason Garrity, Arthur Sissis, Nathan Greaves.

RYE HOUSE: David Bellego (guest for E. Kennett), Kasper Lykke, Cameron Heeps, Leigh Lanham, Stuart Robson, Ben Morley, Robert Branford.

Massive home win by 26-28 points

In theory, we should win this at a canter, but Sheffield have been making heavy work of winning at home all season so you never know

Looking at the teams Sheffield should totally romp the hell out of that Rye team, nice big win predicted

Thought Danny King was meant to be guesting for Rye House. Oh well. May go to the IoW tomorrow now instead. ...

Edited by macca56

If you ignore the year he rode for us, Bellego's scores at Owlerton are probably similar to King's

Bellego is usually superfast around Owlerton, great choice of guest, wouldn't rule him out winning the PLRC.

Tigers could do with a decent win tonight and give us some confidence before all these away meetings over the next 2 weeks.

Farcical. A Rye assett riding for his loaned club. And you wonder why I and many other have or are giving up watching speedway by the coach load. Oh I remember coaches of fans on traveling the length and breadth of the country supporting their team, not anymore.....

Farcical. A Rye assett riding for his loaned club. And you wonder why I and many other have or are giving up watching speedway by the coach load. Oh I remember coaches of fans on traveling the length and breadth of the country supporting their team, not anymore.....

This meeting is rescheduled due to the weather. You may not agree with it, but thems the rules

Shame. Kennett could get some practice around Owlerton ahead of next weeks PLRC

Edited by Shads

Shame the referee decided to assist the Tigers to ensure that we won with ease, but I suppose those are the rules - even though the riding on the infield one is completely bizarre and unnecessary in my humble opinion!

Stead unlucky to lose out on a max due to mechanical gremlins; Bates, still unable to bring his Elite league form to Sheffield; Berge and Howarth had solid displays again; Garrity was Garrity, great attempt to slow the race down for Sissis; Sissis, looked better, but against poor opposition; Greaves also rode, looked good in Heat 2, but was then out ridden again

• Like 1

Shame the referee decided to assist the Tigers to ensure that we won with ease, but I suppose those are the rules - even though the riding on the infield one is completely bizarre and unnecessary in my humble opinion!

Stead unlucky to lose out on a max due to mechanical gremlins; Bates, still unable to bring his Elite league form to Sheffield; Berge and Howarth had solid displays again; Garrity was Garrity, great attempt to slow the race down for Sissis; Sissis, looked better, but against poor opposition; Greaves also rode, looked good in Heat 2, but was then out ridden again

Good summary Cue Ball. I got quite frustrated by last night's meeting. Thought the imposition of Leigh's exclusion was petty - surely a warning would have sufficed, and then Heat 4, again my knowledge of regulations isn't great. I thought the normally quite good announcers were a bit OTT too. Maybe I have just tried to watch too much speedway and been stuck in too many traffic jams lately... I was impressed by Kasper again last night.

• Like 1

I was impressed by Kasper again last night.

He'd be a 7 pointer if he could gate

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

All riders were told at the start of the season, not to ride on the infield due to Health & Safety reasons, but I agree that a warning for the first attempt would be a better option. One warning per meeting, to cover everyone, not one per rider.

18.9.2 In Heat 4, the #7, unless certified by the MO (and withdrawn from the meeting) cannot be replaced. If the #7 commits a Start offence (Art 15.3) only the “handicap option is allowed.

Team Managers should know this.

Great to see team riding from Jason. There were opportunities for others to do the same, but not taken, which was very disappointing.

The likes of Grajczonek , Masters and others can turn a narrow defeat in to a narrow victory by team riding, and it always goes down well with the crowd.

All riders were told at the start of the season, not to ride on the infield due to Health & Safety reasons, but I agree that a warning for the first attempt would be a better option. One warning per meeting, to cover everyone, not one per rider.

If it was down to H&S, the sport would be banned, so to pick up on something as pedantic as this is, in my opinion, total horlicks.

Fair enough maybe if Howarth had been similarly summarily excluded, but the referee must have missed his incursion onto the infield..... That's me being generous to whomever the referee was last night - they had run out of programmes when I got there and the Speedway Office hadn't thought of taking copies of the score chart, so I don't know who it was,,,, I always enjoy travelling from Ipswich to Sheffield via Perry Barr to watch unnecessarily three rider heats, delays whilst regulations are being discussed, at least two intervals (one for the Ben Fund) and possibly three, and listening to Mud's Tiger Feet over and over again.

I was going to the PLRC, but I can't be arsed now. They will probably run out of programmes again.

• Like 1