British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Panthers V Rye House Followed By Panthers V Workington 4/9/2016 @2.30pm

It's been raining heavily since 1pm in Whittlesey, 8 miles from the track, so think the conspiracy theories are wide of the mark.

Added to that we don't know how much time the EoES have allowed us on track today or tomorrow morning and that'll never be said in public. So if you add those things together I doubt that there's anything fishy about it. I think that they should have waited until the morning, the BSF meltdown would have been good Sunday entertainment,

• Like 1

announcement on worky site , saying track had very large places of soft/dodgy area,s . still a touch early tho . but that life . we are not paying the riders travelling costs .

and they have been working on the track all week...... stripping it bare and starting again with it......

When's the cut off date?

19th I believe

and they have been working on the track all week...... stripping it bare and starting again with it......

There in lies the problem it would seem!

19th I believe

Perhaps they should still open the gates and sell tickets for pedalo rides.

Would help fill the coffers needed to pay Kenny B.....

It's been raining all day.

Sensible decision to stop riders/fans making wasted journeys.

Deadline is 19th September so we should hopefully find a date for another double header.

thats offical then if the forums no1. story teller says its been raining all day obviously the track is perfect

im sure kenny superstar could lap 3 seconds faster in the rain anyway

Deffo a strong smell wafting down from PeeBro.

Just for you ignorant outsiders it's been pi55ing it down all day and the showground track is waterlogged and for those people that seem to think well it should be alright because it's not going to rain on Sunday , maybe you're unaware that the track is layed on a clay base and doesn't drain away very quickly so there's your answer . Peterborough was the home to the London brick company because of the rich vein of clay below ground level and probably the house you are living was built with London bricks . So before you people that start jumping to conclusion that something dodgy is going on and making snide remarks jus5t put your brains into gear before you open your big gobs.

• Like 2

About time these clubs bought some cheap covers for track ....... Seems ridiculous in this day and age for a track to be waterlogged the day before and called off. Well at least I've saved 30 quid, as can't attend the re schedule. An afternoon in the garden beckons.

Just for you ignorant outsiders it's been pi55ing it down all day and the showground track is waterlogged and for those people that seem to think well it should be alright because it's not going to rain on Sunday , maybe you're unaware that the track is layed on a clay base and doesn't drain away very quickly so there's your answer . Peterborough was the home to the London brick company because of the rich vein of clay below ground level and probably the house you are living was built with London bricks . So before you people that start jumping to conclusion that something dodgy is going on and making snide remarks jus5t put your brains into gear before you open your big gobs.

time of the month??
  • Like 1

's

Don't doubt its waterlogged if its been raining all day. The question is will it be waterlogged at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon ?

The rain is due to stop at 11.00pm according to all the forecasts.

I do take Crump 99's very valid point about how long they will get to work on the track but lets say they can start at 8. That's draining for 9 hours and 6 hours work time.

At the back end of last season, I went to Plymouth for a match. It had rained for 12 hours before hand(heavy and not so heavy)and stopped at 12pm on the day of the meeting. Just before 7pm when I arrived they were watering the track (and I should remind you that SBA is at a place called Marsh Mills).

This is, at very least, premature and its little wonder that some are questioning it.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

That and in denial.

Well perhaps you should come down and inspect the track being as your moanarchs a famous for calling off meetings mr gobby blobby

Any clay at Mildenhall?

Well perhaps you should come down and inspect the track being as your moanarchs a famous for calling off meetings mr gobby blobby

Tetchy tetchy.