British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Panthers V Rye House Followed By Panthers V Workington 4/9/2016 @2.30pm

Any clay at Mildenhall?

Tetchy tetchy.

Was originally a chalk base track in the 70's and drained well. Mind you, the safety fence was straw bales when i rode there and i often went home looking like Worzel Gummidge :D

• Like 2

So now we know the 2 substances that underpin Peterborough.....

1) Clay

2) Bullsh!t

• Like 2

Anyone going to the Burghley Horse Trials tomorrow?

I'd go if the dead cert I had £50 on the other day that came in last is up before the beak. Should get 5 years for that shocker.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Just for you ignorant outsiders it's been pi55ing it down all day and the showground track is waterlogged and for those people that seem to think well it should be alright because it's not going to rain on Sunday , maybe you're unaware that the track is layed on a clay base and doesn't drain away very quickly so there's your answer . Peterborough was the home to the London brick company because of the rich vein of clay below ground level and probably the house you are living was built with London bricks . So before you people that start jumping to conclusion that something dodgy is going on and making snide remarks jus5t put your brains into gear before you open your big gobs.

The concrete and the clay beneath my feet begin to crumble,our love will never die,because we'll see the mountain crumble, before we say goodbye
  • Like 2

Just watched the Anglia weather for tomorrow after the news....

What are those strange yellow spikey symbols??

There were an awful lot of them spread all over the map.....

There is only one question you should ask yourself to get to the real answer

If the play-off cut off date was Sunday 4 September would tomorrows match been called off on Saturday afternoon?

Nuff said.

• Like 4

There is only one question you should ask yourself to get to the real answer

If the play-off cut off date was Sunday 4 September would tomorrows match been called off on Saturday afternoon?

Nuff said.

Of course not

I only looked on here to advise Macca to rethink his dress mode but I'm glad I did in view of the news that the matches have been called off already. :neutral: What a disappointment as a double header made it worthwhile making the journey from Leicester.

• Like 1

If KB lost in the run off against Fast Freddie, if Freddie was to get into the top 8 in the GP'S this year, wouldn't that elevate KB into the GP Series for next yr automatically??

they are all guilty as charged .

• Like 1

Yup I'm already there awaiting my breakfast in the members' enclosure from 8am :t:

So now we know the 2 substances that underpin Peterborough.....

1) Clay

2) Bullsh!t

The East of England Show is no longer a serious agricultural event (you Ippo boys will know that now that you don't need to chug along the A14 in your tractor convoy these days: 10-4 good buddy, fueltaps the head Bobtail), so clay perhaps but no.2 there was no need. The only bull' is anyone who thinks calling this off was Rathbone's preferred option based on organisation, time and expense it has taken to schedule this fixture in the first place. If it had been fine yesterday then I'd have agreed with you but am prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. However, the biq question mark is that with a 2.30 start there is surely plenty of time to get the track stripped and relaid to a raceable state this fine morning? That's the communication that's missing even though not many on this thread would believe whatever was said, but if it's in any way to do with access or associated then that would be kept behind close doors anyway.

if Freddie was to get into the top 8 in the GP'S this year, wouldn't that elevate KB into the GP Series for next yr automatically??

You'd think that's how it works but with the pressure off and Pedersen on a charge I think 9 or below is where FF will finish in 2016 :neutral:

Edited by Crump99

However, the biq question mark is that with a 2.30 start there is surely plenty of time to get the track stripped and relaid to a raceable state this fine morning? That's the communication that's missing even though not many on this thread would believe whatever was said, but if it's in any way to do with access or associated then that would be kept behind close doors anyway.

I think that's the real point.

You'd probably be better positioned to judge than me but it was supposed to stop raining at 11pm last night. With the amount of time for drainage and apparent available preparation time its hard to stomach that the track couldn't have been made ready for racing.

Experience tells me, however, that the promotion have to be very careful about what they make public about EOES. Not right and it will inevitably lead to speculation, but there's little Peterborough can do about it.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

If all of what is being claimed is the case whats the point of Pboro qualifying for the play offs anyway?

In October this type/amount of rain will be prevelant and without the warm sun to assist the drying there will be little hope if getting a meting on at the showground.....

• Like 1