British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Coventry Friday 2nd Sep

BELLE VUE v BEES, PREVIEW

Thursday September 01, 2016

COVENTRY race their penultimate away fixture of the season on Friday as they make the trip to Elite League leaders Belle Vue (7.30pm).

The Buildbase Bees had a phenomenal recent record at the Aces former Kirkmanshulme Lane home, but lost out 42-50 in a highly entertaining first visit to the National Speedway Stadium at the end of May.

Since then, the Manchester club have gone on to book their play-off place with the Bees missing out on the top four, largely due to their home defeats in the first half of the season and being unable to convert winning positions in a couple of away matches.

They now have three top-flight fixtures remaining in 2016, with the trip to Belle Vue followed up by a re-arranged visit to Wolverhampton on September 12 and a home clash with Kings Lynn on September 16.

No.1 Krzysztof Kasprzak misses the Belle Vue match as he will be attempting to book his 2017 Grand Prix place via the GP Challenge in Sweden on Saturday.

Bees are entitled to a facility on this occasion for the FIM World Championship event, and will utilise the rider replacement facility.

Danny King won the British Final at Belle Vue in June and earned a World Cup silver medal with GB at the same venue later in the season, and boss Gary Havelock is also delighted with the form being shown by Jason Garrity and Josh Bates of late.

Havelock said: The way Josh is going at the moment, I feel he could hold down a place in the top five of most sides, and Jason is really flying at the moment as well.

He was a massive miss during those four or five weeks when he was injured, and I think with him in the team we would have picked up a few more wins.

Its a shame because if we were up there and looking like we could make the play-offs, we would be a team coming into form at just the right time of the year.

As were not going to make it, it makes sense to share KKs rides out amongst our regular team on Friday and give them all the chance to earn a bit of extra money.

BELLE VUE (from): Craig Cook, Patrick Hougaard, Joe Jacobs, Scott Nicholls, Richie Worrall, Steve Worrall, Matej Zagar.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Josh Bates, Jason Garrity, Chris Harris, Krzysztof Kasprzak R/R, Danny King, James Sarjeant, Kacper Woryna.

The first match saw a lot of good racing and that the Coventry riders rode the track well.

I expect the Aces to win but not easily

Will be more than happy with a win and entertainment that at least matches the last visit of Coventry

Think Belle Vue will win this. Kaspazak rides the track well and will be a loss.

Would like us to get something from this although unlikely, although if we don't at least it will help towards Belle Vue finishing top

• Like 1

How far behind are Poole in the table? Am I gonna have to support Coventry? 🙈

Belle Vue have 52pt with 4 home meetings left

Wolves have 52pts with 2 home meetings left

Poole have 50pts with 1 home & 3 away left

Coventry are using RR for KK and Harris struggles at this track so expecting a Belle Vue home win

Edited by mdmc82

Working today so can't make the trip up but without KK it's an impossible task. With a full side I think we could've ran BV close, we were excellent in the 2nd half of the previous meeting.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number

Thanks

Shame KK is missing yet another club meeting for individual glory.

Should be a standard comfy home win for the Aces.

Shame KK is missing yet another club meeting for individual glory.

Should be a standard comfy home win for the Aces.

No meeting is standard or comfy at Belle vue we beat Poole but lost to Kings lynn.You just cannot predict who will win or loose you just have to wait and see what happens on the night.Great track and great racing but i don't know if we will ever have much of a home advantage.

No meeting is standard or comfy at Belle vue we beat Poole but lost to Kings lynn.You just cannot predict who will win or loose you just have to wait and see what happens on the night.Great track and great racing but i don't know if we will ever have much of a home advantage.

We shall see when Swindon visit if they can beat BV again.

Is their a second half meeting?

MDL or something as it will be very costly only to see 15 one sided heats and a result that a lot of fans will already know!

If you can't beat a team bottom but one all season missing there number one then there is no point in dreaming of title glory.

There's not yet been a meeting at the NSS with 15 one sided heats and there won't be tonight with King, Garrity, Harris etc.,

Many of us expected easy wins against Leicester and King's Lynn but both provided excellent, close racing and no Max Fricke tonight which weakens us.

I don't see it being one sided at all if the first meeting was anything to go by. KK missing for Bees but so is Fricke for BV so it probably evens itself out. I wouldn't be surprised with a BV win by 6-10 points overall.