British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Coventry Friday 2nd Sep

Well done Belle Vue on the win. Another very impressive score for Jacobs

Yes we went down to 5 riders but to honest it was more like just King & Garrity as it sounds like Woryna, Matt & Sarjeant were completely out of their depth. 25 of our 34 points were scored by just King & Jason

I hope Harris is okay after his crash.

Belle head back to the top of the table

Edited by mdmc82

Well done Belle Vue on the win. Another very impressive score for Jacobs

Yes we went down to 5 riders but to honest it was more like just King & Garrity as it sounds like Woryna, Matt & Sarjeant were completely out of their depth. 25 of our 34 points were scored by just King & Jason

I hope Harris is okay after his crash.

Belle head back to the top of the table

No suprise BV won that meeting really. Hope Harris is ok..

Yeah you don't have to look too hard in a proper championship to back that up.

Last football season Leicester's last two home matches were against teams in the bottom half of the league and both were predictably easy home wins. The interest from the fans was plain to see.

You cant compare sports like multi million pound football to speedway where fans pay fortunes to see their team. When i went to Cardiff practice the streets were heaving with their teams homecoming after the euros and they didnt even win.

alas Bomber seems well passed his sell by date - or could it be that he couldn't give an 'excrement ' anymore about riding in a Coventry chest plate ? Has been an embarrassment in the GP series yet again in 2016 - So hopefully it's the former reason.

At this moment in time, with Coventry having said they running in 2017 - time to say goodbye, fairwell, auf widersehen - but thanks for the good times you provided Chris.

My timing is not good ! message written before knowledge of the crash. hope he recovers soonest

Bit harsh,even given your timing !

First of all, best wishes to Bomber who took a heavy fall on the 3rd bend. Get well soon Chris.

For reasons already covered on here, always an uphill task for the Bees tonight, but Coventry fans can be proud of the efforts of King & Garrity who were terrific. Both love that track! Williamson was on the pace & kept the Worralls on their toes at times.

A mention for heat 15. Cracking battle between Cook & King, with Jacobs dicing with Garrity too before sneaking past King to bring the house down. Our secret weapon round the NSS at no. 7 isn't so secret any more! Great kid with a lovely attitude & his hard work in the tough times is paying off.

Very classy reaction from Danny King too, one of first in there to congratulate Joe, Witches teammates or not, it was a nice touch to round off some class racing again.

Belle Vue has the lowest adult ticket prices in the el league. Do you post on every meeting thread when you think the result likely to be onesided or do you reserve it for Belle Vue? Coventry might be missing KK but the rest of the team did well in the a fixture and I'm expecting some top class racing.

I went tonight and if you don`t consider that one sided, I think you must not watch a lot of speedway.

Watch a lot of speedway all over the world and do not reserve any criticism to Belle Vue alone.

A great crowd and congratulation to the tractor drivers who could not do the simplest thing like grade the track without having to do it over and over as they left lumps all over the place and had to be instructed continually. Pity Meredith was sacked.

Only 5 words needed

Joe Jacobs heat 15 WOW

• Like 1

Colin Meredith wasn't sacked he retired.

Not sure what you are basing that on? Several fa pl teams season tickets are a lot cheaper than speedway season tickets, for example a seat at Manchester city is nearly £100 cheaper than at Belle Vue, besides I'm not sure that has got anything to do with it anyway so wrong and irrelevant!

Nice one!

Blimey that is cheap for man city. I see aguero is banned for 3 games for a elbow imagine if those rules were applied to speedway. Nicki Pedersen would miss most of the season!! Just a joke nor meant to be relevant

Not sure what you are basing that on? Several fa pl teams season tickets are a lot cheaper than speedway season tickets, for example a seat at Manchester city is nearly £100 cheaper than at Belle Vue, besides I'm not sure that has got anything to do with it anyway so wrong and irrelevant!

Nice one!

Really ??

Man City is bizarre though, the stadiums huge and single tickets are extortianate. Result is that there are tons of people with £300 season tickets who don't turn up to most of the games!!!

Only 5 words needed

Joe Jacobs heat 15 WOW

Dead right, Phil. Best I have seen him ride by a long chalk. I'd also say heat 15, WOW. Cracking race.

Zagar's pass of King was a bit special too. Just kept winding it on until he found the space to get past.

Although it was pretty one sided it was decent enough but I am very often left with the feeling it could be so much better. I am told on good authority that the track needs time to bed in, so there's every chance that things will improve.

A qualified replacement for Colin Meredith is an absolute must. For heavens sake, don't do track preparation on the cheap.

For those who criticize the EDR scheme, surely Jacobs is a prime example of it working? Progress in the 2nd half of this season has been incredible.

For those who criticize the EDR scheme, surely Jacobs is a prime example of it working? Progress in the 2nd half of this season has been incredible.

He could be the spoiler in the race for the title.

Read on here on other topics that he was Belle Vues weak link