British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Redcar/ Plymouth 2/9/16 @7pm

Under art.18.10 Edinburgh were entitled to a Guest.

Art.18.11.3 defines a guest as being someone who "must be in a current Team Declaration"

Therefore Kevin Whelan was not eligible to fill the no6 spot.

BUT

Ruffdiamond was almost right, although I would say it was more in the best interests of the spectators to have 4 riders at the tapes in every race. Whelan would not have been expected to score any points and was only gifted his 2 points due to Devils riders coming to grief.

Should the Authorities decide to amend the score the difference will only be a reduction of 2 in the match score from Edinburgh with no addition to Plymouth.

Common sense was applied - hang on this is speedway when did common sense ever come into things?

Taking all that into account, would it be too much to ask to have local rider, available at every match that could take the place of any rider, for either team if injury prevents 4 riders 'at the tapes' ?

Its not what I would agree with, and sure others wouldn't either, but if it keeps some happy, why should it be a problem?

am sure there is plenty second halfers that would jump at the chance of being involved in a real match,,,

'this post is not to be confused with speculating on injuries, (cyclops) ;)

• Like 1

I would agree that the rules were not applied correctly and that you clearly would have been happy for Edinburgh to have run with 6 riders.

Should this have happened at Plymouth I suspect you would not have been complaining. ;)

So in plain english edinburgh DID break the rules always amazes me how some clubs getaway with this "in the interest of british speedway" bo**ocks!

what 'amazes' me, is how the hell did 'Lightning' get a double-max guesting as No.1,,,

he's set a marker down now, if/when we meet in the play-offs ;)

Although the rules do say that a guest must be in a team declaration, you might presume that if there is no guest available (as was the case) you then drop to the "no facility" provision. This allows a NL guest and that is defined as “a rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above.”

So Kev was OK under that provision.

• Like 4

I would agree that the rules were not applied correctly and that you clearly would have been happy for Edinburgh to have run with 6 riders.

Should this have happened at Plymouth I suspect you would not have been complaining. ;)

The rules should be applied consistantly through out the pl the inconsistancy is the problem and some teams do get the benifit of doubt more than others. What a fiasco anyway having a doubleheader when you have a curfew pity the meeting was called off from the original date under dubious circumstances when we had palavara lined up to guest.

The sooner we have a north/south divide the better.

Agree with the last line Lewy.

Devon should be cast adrift of the UK - just a load of moaners there!!

• Like 1

The rules should be applied consistantly through out the pl the inconsistancy is the problem and some teams do get the benifit of doubt more than others. What a fiasco anyway having a doubleheader when you have a curfew pity the meeting was called off from the original date under dubious circumstances when we had palavara lined up to guest.

The sooner we have a north/south divide the better.

Bitter or what?

If you had been at Armadale on that day or on any of the other seven that were rained off you would have understood why meetings were off. Do you really think the Edinburgh Promotion wanted these meetings off?

You've been listening, too much, to our friends from the west, who are regularly on the wind up. :lol:

• Like 5

Hope all goes well with no injuries or delays. Important for Edinburgh to get 2 wins to keep them high up the table and a better draw in the play offs. If they are running out of time will ref allow 1st match to be declared once Redcar can't win?

I bet a good few fans last night thought, as I forecast :icon_smile_clown: , can we no stop the redcar match and get on with Plymouth. it would have been interesting to see what the score would have been over 15 heats - a wee bit closer than Redcar!

• Like 1

Well Redcar were pretty embarrassing at least Plymouth put up some sort of a fight.

Hope young rob and Max are okay after their falls last night, the latter I must say is in some form at the moment.

Special mention to our guest Lindgren not easy boots to fill are sams but he done it fantastically and looked like he enjoyed himself a lot.

Special mention to our guest Lindgren not easy boots to fill are sams but he done it fantastically and looked like he enjoyed himself a lot.

a think he enjoys himself at Newcastle,,, just incase you's were eyeing him up for next season ;)

a think he enjoys himself at Newcastle,,, just incase you's were eyeing him up for next season ;)

Well comparing his score for Newcy against Edinburgh with his scores last night for Edinburgh.................................!!!

Maybe he was making a pitch!!!

Superb performance for a guest to double max.

• Like 2

Well comparing his score for Newcy against Edinburgh with his scores last night for Edinburgh.................................!!!.

haha,,,, I thought of that aswell,,, we'll want 'big money' tho ;)

"Big money"??

Nah we are the poor but more successful relations remember!!

But I'm sure Ludo would prefer our track!!

• Like 1

Agree with the last line Lewy.

Devon should be cast adrift of the UK - just a load of moaners there!!

Nothing wrong with Devon one of the nicest places to visit in Britain , moaners you get them anywhere and the sweaty socks are no different.

• Like 1