British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Redcar/ Plymouth 2/9/16 @7pm

Nothing wrong with Devon one of the nicest places to visit in Britain , moaners you get them anywhere and the sweaty socks are no different.

Mostly from the east coast.

• Like 1

This person called Lewy makes a good case for independence, bitter or what

• Like 1

Weegies keep saying we are nowhere near the east coast.

Weegies keep saying we are nowhere near the east coast.

Still east of Glasgow so you are east coast just not Edinburgh.

Nice attempt at a wind up, Lewy old chap, but the only thing I found out is that the word "Cyclone" and the phrase "good knowledge of the rules" are mutually exclusive. :D

Rules have been stretched all ways over the years for the second half of a double-header after injuries in the first half... I suspect this is the latest instance.

All the best

Rob

But Rob, you don't know the rules, you are still moaning that monarchs illegally used Mitchell Davy when we cuffed you, despite it being obvious from rule 16 that we were in the right. You then went on about Dan Bewley riding for us instead of BV in the NL whilst forgetting that the rule says the NL side have PRIORITY over a re-arranged PL meeting - it doesn't say that the NL side can't allow their rider to ride for the PL side does it? I would think that BV took the view that Dan would learn much more in the PL that night than a routine max in the NL You need to stop listening to the uninformed from the west!!

But Rob, you don't know the rules, you are still moaning that monarchs illegally used Mitchell Davy when we cuffed you, despite it being obvious from rule 16 that we were in the right. You then went on about Dan Bewley riding for us instead of BV in the NL whilst forgetting that the rule says the NL side have PRIORITY over a re-arranged PL meeting - it doesn't say that the NL side can't allow their rider to ride for the PL side does it? I would think that BV took the view that Dan would learn much more in the PL that night than a routine max in the NL You need to stop listening to the uninformed from the west!!

On the contrary , we are the font of all knowledge .................even when pissed :drink:

• Like 2

I trust your friends from the west 100%

Pity you!!

Davy, I've never seen so many inaccuracies within a single paragraph... that's quite impressive. ;) Are you going into competition with Cyclone? :P

Meanwhile, you might want to keep the thread on track, it's supposed to be about the double-header last night... and the questionable use of Kevin Whelan at No 6 by the Monarchs. :nono:;)

All the best

Rob

C'mon Rob, it's all true, plus when did we have to start keeping on thread in this forum? You know that every thread degenerates into Edin v Glasgow! lol

I'm no fan of the Monarch's promotion but it seems common sense to me to allow a guest at number 7 in the second leg of a double header whether he has a team spot elsewhere or not. The paying public want to see four man races where possible.

• Like 4

Davy, I've never seen so many inaccuracies within a single paragraph... that's quite impressive. ;) Are you going into competition with Cyclone? :P

Meanwhile, you might want to keep the thread on track, it's supposed to be about the double-header last night... and the questionable use of Kevin Whelan at No 6 by the Monarchs. :nono:;)

All the best

Rob

Don't knock it , Ben Shields has been practicing recently , it's a wonder they never tried to slip him in quoting rule 74 paragraph 12 section 6 . Any side , ok just Edinburgh , can use anybody they damn well like if it suits them to do so .

• Like 2

C'mon Rob, it's all true, plus when did we have to start keeping on thread in this forum? You know that every thread degenerates into Edin v Glasgow! lol

That does tend to happen a lot. Although this one hasn't... yet. ;)

All the best

Rob

Ok, deviating further Rob, did you see that when Monarchs were riding against Sheffield a few weeks ago, the BSPA refused us a guest to cover the Riss brothers riding in a German league meeting ( they are both on German Licences!) despite that being one of the most most obvious rules. Obviously it was overturned because we make the rules ;)

There should only be 3 rules in speedway,,,

1. Everything must be ambigious.

2. We'll see how it goes.

3. Make it up as we go along.

;)

you want a moan Sir? here goes!

last Friday we were treated to the Richard Lawson school of team riding (blast past your reserve partner in two separate races, leaving him vulnerable to home riders for the remaining laps). this week, it was something much, much worse.

now I've seen Peter Carr knock Robert Larsen off, I've seen Daniella Nermark shoot straight across the path of various team mates countless times, but heat 14 of the Redcar meeting last night took the proverbial German biscuit.

it was rash, it was reckless. it was the kind of move I would expect from Ryan Fisher. speaking of him, I have to say his heat 8 fencing of Stefan Nielsen during the Plymouth meeting was nothing more than gross stupidity. what if Nielsen had actually ended up injured and forced an abandonment prior to reaching heat 10? would the Yank have personally offered to cover the financial costs of bringing the Devils back up North? doubtful.

going back to Riss though - listen son, if you want to fight with Dame Edna Etheridge, go ahead and do so, but make sure it's confined to the pits area. don't take it onto the track and put other, innocent, riders' lives any more at risk than they already are.

as for the meetings themselves, some random comments:

in recent years, Monarchs have enjoyed having a number one whose first name and surname started with the same letter. we finally had that again last night. hats off to Ludvig Lindgren. statistically, presumably, our best guest ever?

well done to young Max on his highest ever score. such a pity some untimely machine gremlins, a clown of a team mate and a ridiculously incorrect decision from the ref prevented it from being even higher.

Lassie Bjerre - what an absolute embarrassment to the family name. he really should hang his head in shame.

Zdenek Simota - it's painful to watch such a naturally talented rider perform like that. time to hang up the kevlars Mister.

Kyle Newman - every time he visits sunny Armadale, I think, "maybe this time he'll look the part" but it just never happens.

overall, 6 points happily accepted. however, certain off track events and things which were said really lead me to wonder why I even bother with speedway. and it's Glasgow again next week. right now, I can see that one far enough...

• Like 2