British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Redcar/ Plymouth 2/9/16 @7pm

It would have to be after heat 10, regardless of whether Redcar Edinburgh couldn't win or not!!

First meeting is over 15 heats regardless. Second could be curtailed by curfew (regardless of scoreline) but hopefully after Heat 10.

Yesterday, Rye House were blocked from making a reserve switch in Heat 4 at Sheffield, since the No 7 rider cannot be replaced in this race. Yet, tonight, Max Clegg replaced the injured Rob Shuttleworth in Heat 4 at Edinburgh. Surely that's a mistake by the referee?

All the best

Rob

Yesterday, Rye House were blocked from making a reserve switch in Heat 4 at Sheffield, since the No 7 rider cannot be replaced in this race. Yet, tonight, Max Clegg replaced the injured Rob Shuttleworth in Heat 4 at Edinburgh. Surely that's a mistake by the referee?

All the best

Rob

No idea. Maybe it's different if the number 7 is out through injury.

All the best

Rob

No Rob, regs are (for once) crystal clear.

18.9.2 says: In heat 4 the number 7, unless certified by the medical officer ...

• Like 2

No Rob, regs are (for once) crystal clear.

18.9.2 says: In heat 4 the number 7, unless certified by the medical officer ...

Hi Arnie, cheers - agreed that is crystal clear.

All the best

Rob

Hi Arnie, cheers - agreed that is crystal clear.

All the best

Rob

I dunno Rob, I thought you knew the rules!!! Being serious though this would seem to be sensible in allowing a change for injury but not tactical reasons, Guess the BSPA will change it overnight then on the grounds of excessive commonsense?

Can anyone tell me how kevin whelan was allowed to guest for edinburgh when hes not in a declared 1-7 as far as i know?

Because we make the rules?? No idea, but perhaps he was named as a #8. Kevin probably wouldn't be up to a place in anNL yet but hopefully tonight has gave him a boost.

• Like 4

Can anyone tell me how kevin whelan was allowed to guest for edinburgh when hes not in a declared 1-7 as far as i know?

'in the best interests of speedway' ;)

Cyclone you have good knowledge of the rules as lucifer sam learnt,could you explain how kevin whelan was eligible to guest for the monarchs when hes not in a declared 1-7 hate to think edinburgh were breaking the rules thanks in advance.

Cyclone you have good knowledge of the rules as lucifer sam learnt,could you explain how kevin whelan was eligible to guest for the monarchs when hes not in a declared 1-7 hate to think edinburgh were breaking the rules thanks in advance.

Nice attempt at a wind up, Lewy old chap, but the only thing I found out is that the word "Cyclone" and the phrase "good knowledge of the rules" are mutually exclusive. :D

Rules have been stretched all ways over the years for the second half of a double-header after injuries in the first half... I suspect this is the latest instance.

All the best

Rob

Under art.18.10 Edinburgh were entitled to a Guest.

Art.18.11.3 defines a guest as being someone who "must be in a current Team Declaration"

Therefore Kevin Whelan was not eligible to fill the no6 spot.

BUT

Ruffdiamond was almost right, although I would say it was more in the best interests of the spectators to have 4 riders at the tapes in every race. Whelan would not have been expected to score any points and was only gifted his 2 points due to Devils riders coming to grief.

Should the Authorities decide to amend the score the difference will only be a reduction of 2 in the match score from Edinburgh with no addition to Plymouth.

Common sense was applied - hang on this is speedway when did common sense ever come into things?

• Like 4

So in plain english edinburgh DID break the rules always amazes me how some clubs getaway with this "in the interest of british speedway" bo**ocks!

• Like 1