British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp 2015 Revisted Compensation Claim !

very interesting article on Sportowefakty- google translation

Is the judgment in the Grand Prix at the National. ASN also give money for accommodation?

District Court for Warsaw-Mokotów ruled that PZM has failed to fulfill its responsibilities in the organization of last year's Grand Prix at the National Stadium. Fans can count not only on a partial refund for the tickets, but also accommodation!

Jaroslaw Galewski

Jaroslaw Galewski
02 September 2016, 14:00

On 20 May this year. District Court for Warsaw-Mokotów as a result of a lawsuit filed on behalf of one of the fans by the Office of Legal Advisers Klejborowski / Bernaciak found that between the fans and the Polish Association of motor racing came to an agreement on providing a mass event. The agreement, in turn, allowed the fans to participate in the event (in all its parts), and the organizer was obliged among other things to make the event in accordance with the agreement.

The Court had no doubt that the construction and preparation of the track speedway, including equipping it with appropriate equipment belonged to the organizer of the event, and any omission in this regard be borne solely by the organizer

Polish Motor Union to some extent failed to fulfill its obligations - said in an interview with the portal WP SportoweFakty legal advisor Matthew Klejborowski, a partner in the Office of Legal Advisors Klejborowski / Bernaciak. - In the course of the trial have shown that, contrary 'views Polish Association of Motor cause of the interruption and end of the competition was not a decision of the jury, but only the state of the track speedway, which constituted a threat to all participating players. The jury's decision was the court's opinion the result of omissions organizer, not the cause - adds legal counsel.

The court did not matter that the preparation of the track Polish Motor Union commissioned a professional company. The Court reached because the conviction that issues relating to the possible failure by the company with the agreement between the organizer may be the subject of mutual claims between the organizer and the company and does not release the organizer from liability

Edited by racers and royals

I'll take all the fun out of this one by saying that BSI is not even mentioned.

very interesting article on Sportowefakty- google translation

Is the judgment in the Grand Prix at the National. ASN also give money for accommodation?

District Court for Warsaw-Mokotów ruled that PZM has failed to fulfill its responsibilities in the organization of last year's Grand Prix at the National Stadium. Fans can count not only on a partial refund for the tickets, but also accommodation!

Jaroslaw Galewski

Jaroslaw Galewski

02 September 2016, 14:00

On 20 May this year. District Court for Warsaw-Mokotów as a result of a lawsuit filed on behalf of one of the fans by the Office of Legal Advisers Klejborowski / Bernaciak found that between the fans and the Polish Association of motor racing came to an agreement on providing a mass event. The agreement, in turn, allowed the fans to participate in the event (in all its parts), and the organizer was obliged among other things to make the event in accordance with the agreement.

The Court had no doubt that the construction and preparation of the track speedway, including equipping it with appropriate equipment belonged to the organizer of the event, and any omission in this regard be borne solely by the organizer

Polish Motor Union to some extent failed to fulfill its obligations - said in an interview with the portal WP SportoweFakty legal advisor Matthew Klejborowski, a partner in the Office of Legal Advisors Klejborowski / Bernaciak. - In the course of the trial have shown that, contrary 'views Polish Association of Motor cause of the interruption and end of the competition was not a decision of the jury, but only the state of the track speedway, which constituted a threat to all participating players. The jury's decision was the court's opinion the result of omissions organizer, not the cause - adds legal counsel.

The court did not matter that the preparation of the track Polish Motor Union commissioned a professional company. The Court reached because the conviction that issues relating to the possible failure by the company with the agreement between the organizer may be the subject of mutual claims between the organizer and the company and does not release the organizer from liability

So how do I get my money back then?

So how do I get my money back then?

Send the polish lawyers an email asking if they will take your case on a no win no fee basis ;)

Edited by racers and royals

I'll take all the fun out of this one by saying that BSI is not even mentioned.

The local organiser was PZM, so they're the ones who get shafted. Maybe they can countersue BSI for breach of contract.

The local organiser was PZM, so they're the ones who get shafted. Maybe they can countersue BSI for breach of contract.

BREACH of what contract?

Edited by PHILIPRISING

BREACH of what contract?

So BSI don't agree to do provide anything at a GP then - like the riders for example? What about Speedsport who no doubt BSI insisted on building the track?

If the PZM didn't have contracts in places for these things, then more fool them, but astonishing that you think the BSI shouldn't carry any responsibility for the whole fiasco.

• Like 1

I'M not saying any responsibility but the facts are the FIM provide, as you put it, the riders and Speed Sport's contract was with the PZM.

I'M not saying any responsibility but the facts are the FIM provide, as you put it, the riders and Speed Sport's contract was with the PZM.

Nice deflection, but no doubt one of the conditions of hosting a GP is contracting with Speedsport to provide the track. I'd certainly not carry the can for their incompetence.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

THEN it would be up to the PZM to sue Speedsport. As it happens I believe that the PZM and Speedsport came to some arrangement re this year's track which, as we now know, was terrific.

• Like 1

I won't be looking for any money back , yes the meeting was a dissapointment but we still had a great weekend in Poland and I don't believe in this compensation culture

• Like 2