British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Sayfutdinov is a great rider, and should have little problem coming through the qualifiers for 2018.

RATHER have him sooner ... qualifiers always a minefield, an engine failure, fall caused by another rider. I'd wager a bet than if you asked 1000 people whether they would like to see Emil get a wild card the vast majority would say yes.

• Like 1

Well this is true, but if he wants to come back it's unlikely he'll have to go through that as he'll get a WC pick!

I'd say. Let Emil try to qualify on his own and if there some of that stuff PR mentions well then we can consider giving him a wild card.

RATHER have him sooner ... qualifiers always a minefield, an engine failure, fall caused by another rider. I'd wager a bet than if you asked 1000 people whether they would like to see Emil get a wild card the vast majority would say yes.

I agree that Sayfutdinov will be an added attraction to SGP but he chose, for what ever reason, to leave the series, I think now he has decided to return he should do the qualifiers as I think it would be unfair on other riders who have tried season after season to qualify. I accept that at times the qualification system can be a mine field but that applies to all the riders competing.

I agree that Sayfutdinov will be an added attraction to SGP but he chose, for what ever reason, to leave the series, I think now he has decided to return he should do the qualifiers as I think it would be unfair on other riders who have tried season after season to qualify. I accept that at times the qualification system can be a mine field but that applies to all the riders competing.

Whats the point of having Wildcards then,it's for the organisers to have a bit of scope if they think a rider will do justice if selected on their system.

Whats the point of having Wildcards then,it's for the organisers to have a bit of scope if they think a rider will do justice if selected on their system.

I would hope the picks aren`t for the rider who by his own choice left the series who now by his own choice is ready to return, surely its for the rider like Nicki Pedersen who will not get a top eight place because of injury, or the rider like Hampel who had a place in this years series only to lose his place through injury, or for the rider who misses out on a place because he lost a run off in the GP Challenge having gone through the qualifying system.

Top 8 as it stands, with Pedersen, Iversen, Sayfutdinov and G Laguta would be the perfect line-up in my eyes.

Probably won't happen. :(

Emil was out injured when the qualification process started this year...Sounds like he's a perfect candidate if he wants a place ;)

• Like 1

Couldn't Sayfutdinov be seeded straight to the GP Challenge rather than do the qualifying rounds?

Couldn't Sayfutdinov be seeded straight to the GP Challenge rather than do the qualifying rounds?

Yes bit that would still mean not in gp til 2018. much better to seed him into the series IMHO.
  • Like 1

With Pedersen out of the series it means 10th placed Lindgren has to make 11pts on 8th placed Lindback to get top 8. Iversen is 13 points behind. Tough for both riders to bridge the gap so the top 8 quite likely to remain the same as we are now.

Wilds card Pedersen, Iversen certainties. Not sure about the other 2.

Regarding the top 8 the man in trouble due to his poor form is Janowski, he has been dropping down and needs to hit form or he will be out of top 8