British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Emil is a better rider than Bjerre and belongs in the GP. But Bjerre is absolutely right, Emil should be qualifying.

According to Smolinski it was unfair that two riders who didn't qualify from the semis then get into the Challenge and qualify for the GPs.In his eyes the 3 to go through should have naturally been himself,Dudek and Bjerre

We also have some conspiracy theory going round in Germany that two Red Bull riders get WCs.......

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time,but.......

According to Smolinski it was unfair that two riders who didn't qualify from the semis then get into the Challenge and qualify for the GPs.In his eyes the 3 to go through should have naturally been himself,Dudek and Bjerre

I'm not really sure that this is a valid argument when it comes to Vaculik. He finished 8th in his semi final so if there were no wildcard entries he would have been in the final anyway.

Lindgren is slightly different as he finished lower but in a meeting that was shortened due to rain. I've not actually studied who had met who at the time of the call off but there always some that get easier rides and some tougher in those circumstances...maybe it was even Smoli himself who got the easier races. Being the lowest scoring qualifier it wouldn't have taken much to have knocked him out in the last 2 rounds of races if they had happened.

I'm not really sure that this is a valid argument when it comes to Vaculik. He finished 8th in his semi final so if there were no wildcard entries he would have been in the final anyway.

Lindgren is slightly different as he finished lower but in a meeting that was shortened due to rain. I've not actually studied who had met who at the time of the call off but there always some that get easier rides and some tougher in those circumstances...maybe it was even Smoli himself who got the easier races. Being the lowest scoring qualifier it wouldn't have taken much to have knocked him out in the last 2 rounds of races if they had happened.

I was just putting up something from Smoli.I don't agree with it 100% myself either.Smoli though has it the other way around.He can see if Sweden needed a home rider in then Lindgren was the obvious choice,but he didn't see the need for Vaculik to be there as well.Trouble iif you have home wildcards then it is normally going to go to a rider that has been knocked out in a previous round.Think in reality it isdifficult to have a meeting of 16 riders without at least 1 rider being there that hasn't been knocked out previously.Do you though allow them in without allowing them the chance to qualify?They are elligible for the meeting,but ineligible for the GPs :P

Zagar,Pedersen,Janowski and Sayfutdinov it is then.Nice to see Sayfutdinov back in the Gps.