British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Well after Dudek/Vaculik and Lindgren qualified earlier, surely will mean no Polish Wildcard next season...... which means who else?

Youd have to say that Tai/Hancock/Doyle are certainties.

Zmarszlik/Holder and Janowski are in good position, which leaves 2 places left. If it stays as Lindback and Pawlicki, would mean no Danes in the GP'S!

My wildcards IF stays as it is:

1. Killer

2. Niels

3. Zagar

4. Nicki

If we can tempt Emil back, take out Zagar.

May seem drastic being 3 danes, but they add something to the GP's.

Would mean a series of:

Tai

Hancock

Doyle

Zmarszlik

Holder

Janowski

Lindback

Pawlicki

--------------

Dudek

Vaculik

Lindgren

--------------

Nicki

Niels

Killer

Zagar/Emil

Would make a great series!

No way they are going to hand out three Danish wild cards. Then top 8 is far from decided yet. Still plenty of time

for Nicki and or Lindgren or Kildemand to sneak into top 8.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Far too soon to be discussing wildcards as right now we have, IMO, Magic, Antonio, Pawlicki, Pedersen, Lindgren and Kildemand all fighting for 3 places. And I'd not put my life on Holder being a cert for top 8 or Puk and AJ making a fist of it for top 8. In short only 5 of the 15 GPs riders statuses can be pretty much guaranteed for 2017.

If Lindgen makes top 8 then no way will Pedersen, Iversen and Kildemand all get wildcards. Need another GP or two before we can start working out who is likely.

If I was Magic I'd be panicking now, too many Poles for him to be in with a chance of a wildcard so he need to end well. I think Pawlicki has the GPs sussed now and will be ok. Nicki is probably happy-ish. He's going to get a WC and only way that can change is if both Danes over take him and even then I think Nicki will be picked ahead of them

If stays as now: pedersen zagar puk and emil. If emil not interested, very hard to pick that last spot.

If a dane makes top 8, I can see both other Danes getting a wc plus whichever of current top 8 drops out (assuming emil not interested - if emil is then I would guess that may mean zagar misses out)

Think bsi may be ok giving a pole a wc if it takes total to 4, no way would they give a 5th pole a spot.

In one way or another, Janowski, Pawlicki, Iversen , Zagar and Pedersen will be in next years series either by rights or a wildcard.

Iversen Zagar and Nicki are GP regulars who have always been top 8 so all 3 in my eyes would deserve to have a wildcard, when you consider how many Lindgren and Jonsson have had over the years.

Janowski and Kildemand could be at risk though i think Magic will be top 8.

Would Kildemand get the last spot? Have they ever put 4 wildcards back in who rode in the previous year? I would pick Zagar over Kildemand as i believe Zagar should be given 1 opportunity after his years in the GP

You then have the conundrum of Hampel and Emil. Its fair to say Hampel should get one after his injury and he has rode well since coming back.

Emil great talent but i would make him qualify personally.

So if the top 8 stays as it is now i would have Iversen, Zagar, Pedersen and Hampel

Whatever happens unless Iversen shows some sort of improvement over the last few GPs then no way would i put him in again.Blows luke warm and cold too often,hasn't got anywhere near being hot this season and doubt next will be any better.Kildemand is good for a bit of action now and again.For me Nicki would only be in because of what he has done in the past,not for what he has done this season and i fear next will also be slightly worse than this.For me Emil is a must if he wants it and Jarek deserve it.They are for me the 2 i would certainly give it to.But the world isn't as fair as me

Whatever happens unless Iversen shows some sort of improvement over the last few GPs then no way would i put him in again.Blows luke warm and cold too often,hasn't got anywhere near being hot this season and doubt next will be any better.Kildemand is good for a bit of action now and again.For me Nicki would only be in because of what he has done in the past,not for what he has done this season and i fear next will also be slightly worse than this.For me Emil is a must if he wants it and Jarek deserve it.They are for me the 2 i would certainly give it to.But the world isn't as fair as me

Rubbish about iversen.

After years of always being on the fringe of world class, he had burst into form these last few seasons and emerged as one of the top riders in the world. Clearly having a tough season he deserves another chance.

He is still Denmarks best rider

• Like 1

Rubbish about iversen.

After years of always being on the fringe of world class, he had burst into form these last few seasons and emerged as one of the top riders in the world. Clearly having a tough season he deserves another chance.

He is still Denmarks best rider

That is part of the problem Denmark faces.He probably is,which indicates for me that Denmark is at a low at the moment.No real talent on the near horizon.But it is a problem around the speedway world excluding Poland.Of course Denmark have to have probably 2 riders in the series and Iversen is probably assured of 1 of them.Just he doesn't bring much to the show for me.I want riders who add something and he doesn't apart from a Danish race jacket.He never seemed that popular as a rider,in Denmark.Behind Nicki + Hans and for me is about as interesting as Hancock without the success.

If i was picking two danes then Nicki for his past success and his media/fan following and he always seems to get good sponsors because of that,and Kildemand because of his excitement/crash stuuf,which leaves Iversen as the odd man out.Just my opinion

Sometimes the best riders in the leagues just don't do it on the world stage.Ok he did make 3rd and 4th,but for me i can't even see him repeating that

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

I think if he cuts out uk next season he will be fresher and will mount a serious challenge in 2017.

Have followed his scores ever since he raced for Newport in 2003, where he as signed as a 9.00 assessed foreigner. He had rode for Lynn for a few meetings the previous season and was classed as a no hoper by many but he was superb for Newport and actually averaged 9.50 before moving onto oxford.

Always been an exciting rider, his style is superb as are a lot of his charges from the back. He is a quiet guy, but much more exciting on the bike than the likes of Hancock.

He has had a poor season, but i expect him t bounce back next season. Far more deserving than pedersen whos showing signs of tailing off as he hits 40, cant see him on a podium again. Can i see iversen? If he comes back fully charged for 2017 yes I can. He can handle pressure well, as proved by his match winning ride in 2014 to come from the back on the last bend to win Denmark the world cup.

If Pedersen goes top 8 by knocking Pawlicki down to 9th it will solve a problem. Could then see Hampel get a wild card with two Dane's and Harris.

If Pedersen goes top 8 by knocking Pawlicki down to 9th it will solve a problem. Could then see Hampel get a wild card with two Dane's and Harris.

CANNOT see Harris getting in again. Don't think BSI are bothered if there is only one Brit. Hard on Hampel but think his SGP race is run. If Pedersen overtakes Pawlicki I would give it to the Pole. Brings some excitement to the series and is one for the future which his fellow countryman obviously is not.

Zagar is the tough one. Not been up to much either in the SGP or domestically this year. Would love to see both Emil and Gregori Laguta get a call.

• Like 1

CANNOT see Harris getting in again. Don't think BSI are bothered if there is only one Brit. Hard on Hampel but think his SGP race is run. If Pedersen overtakes Pawlicki I would give it to the Pole. Brings some excitement to the series and is one for the future which his fellow countryman obviously is not.

Zagar is the tough one. Not been up to much either in the SGP or domestically this year. Would love to see both Emil and Gregori Laguta get a call.

LOL - Harris. I didn't think anyone would take a bite of my bait.

Seriously I wouldn't have Zagar as a wild card. Would rather have Emil as he is exciting.

Edited by marky

WHY? I know he came fourth after a run-off but he must be the world's most boring rider

No that's Hancock
  • Like 5