British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Wildcards 2017.....

Having picked up broken ribs & wrist plus a concussion in the Golden Helmet meeting, if he misses GP meetings and the top eight, surely Nicki Pedersen will be a shoe in for a wild card pick.

• Like 2

Having picked up broken ribs & wrist plus a concussion in the Golden Helmet meeting, if he misses GP meetings and the top eight, surely Nicki Pedersen will be a shoe in for a wild card pick.

I hope so. He won the Euro's last night and looked on form with fast bikes. Has to be a certainty to get a wild card.

• Like 1

Think Nicki has backed up my comment about him a few days ago on another thread.Almost like i could see the future ;)

Could you compare him to Gollob?

Gollob had a few years in the doldrums(for him at least) when i thought he should really pack it in.He finished 6th,7th,8th and even when he finished 4th he had a couple of really bad GPS and was way off the leaders anyway and with a few youngsters coming on the scene like Emil,i thought there was no way he was going to take a title,but he did at the age of 38-9.Wouldn't put it past Nicki to at least finish on the podium again if he gets some fast bikes

Edited by iris123

Bjerre deserves one surely.

As does Jepson Jensen, Linus Sundstrom, Thomas H Johansson, Patrick Hougard and Liam Gallagher :rolleyes:

AGREE that NP would be a shoe-in for a wild card. Probably NKI too. Think the consensus is a hope that Lindback holds onto his top eight place and Lindgren doesn't make the top eight. No great desire to see Bjerre back.

Some rumours, unconfirmed of course, that Emil and more importantly his 'team' are seriously considering a return. How great would that be.

• Like 2

AGREE that NP would be a shoe-in for a wild card. Probably NKI too. Think the consensus is a hope that Lindback holds onto his top eight place and Lindgren doesn't make the top eight. No great desire to see Bjerre back.

Some rumours, unconfirmed of course, that Emil and more importantly his 'team' are seriously considering a return. How great would that be.

I would like to see Emil back in the GP's but does he deserve a wild card ? It was his choice to drop out so maybe he should earn his spot by, for one season, doing the GP challenge. Win or lose come back 2018.

• Like 4

It would be great to see Emil back in the GP`s, but it was his decision to leave so I hardly think its fair for him to get his place back through a wild card pick. I think he should do the qualifiers to qualify for the 2018 series.

• Like 1

I understand people having gripes with Emil as he chose to drop out, however he'd had a run of horrendous injuries, lost his father and (probably most importantly) had a manger who was discouraging him to do the series.

To my knowledge he's never been a diva or trouble maker he chose to sit it out till body, mind & finances were in the right place. I think it would be silly to have another series without Emil just for the sake of it

• Like 4

I think he should do the qualifiers next year and come back through the gp challenge. Not sure he is still as brilliant as many think. Certainly a very good rider but he didnt really challenge in the sec. I know I am in the minority here with that view.

WELCOME him back with open arms ...

Agree he is getting back to his best,and he is exciting in full flight .

I think he should do the qualifiers next year and come back through the gp challenge. Not sure he is still as brilliant as many think. Certainly a very good rider but he didnt really challenge in the sec. I know I am in the minority here with that view.

He was only a couple of points of winning the SEC.

As long as the top eight remains the same:

1. Nicki P (no brainer)

2. NKI (another certainty, surely)

3. Emil (fingers crossed!!)

4. G Laguta if he'll do it. Jarek Hampel if he won't.

Of course, what would put a different complexion on matters would be if Kildemand woke up and performed in the final three GPs.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

UNLIKELY to be Hampel with four Poles in already. And, personally, if Pawlicki was to drop outside the top eight I'd put him back. Look to the future. Jarek is a lovely guy but frankly has had his time and does he really get the pulses racing like his young compatriots?

• Like 2

As long as the top eight remains the same:

1. Nicki P (no brainer)

2. NKI (another certainly, surely)

3. Emil (fingers crossed!!)

4. G Laguta if he'll do it. Jarek Hampel if he won't.

Of course, what would put a different complexion on matters would be if Kildemand woke up and performed in the final three GPs.

All the best

Rob

Can't disagree with that, though Zagar also a candidate for the 4th slot given his regular top 8 finishes.

Is Smolinski possibly an outside candidate (albeit an uninspiring one), given he was close to qualifying and Germany possibly a target market?

The likes of Smolinski shouldnt even be considered.

Make Emil do the qualifiers, he decided to quit so let him win his way back in.

I really do think that he could be past his best, i certainly dont think he would come back in and be top drawer, exciting yes but too injury prone for me. Hed comfortably make the top 8, not sure how much better than that though...