British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

I will be honest on paper it doesn't look that strong but there is a few riders who you could consider have a point to prove

You just have to look at how we finished 2016 to know this is a good team that know each other, know how to ride the EWR & should improve.

Ryan proved, in his head, he is over the injuries incurred in 2015 & showed improved confidence at the end of the season.

Josh A if only he could gate better with better set-ups to get him off the line. His hand/finger injuries might have played some part in his starting.

MPT showed after he left P'boro what he could do with multiple guest appearances in PL & EL.

Lewis is now over his injuries & is on most posters wanted list for 2017 but knows there is more to come from himself by being where he is wanted at the EWR.

Fritz is THE entertainer & now being at reserve & not riding with Lewis should see an improvement.

Josh B can only have learned from his 1st season in the PL so hopefully should see an improvement.

So there is 6 riders that could improve by anything between 0.5 to 1.5 in 2017.

Finally to Wilko, Mr Dependable who I thought had reached a level which is one of his best at his age. Maybe his stints in the EL has taught him much more & that he needed to improve his equipment, which he did in 2015, off Andersen I think, to improve more. If he does the same in 2017, I will be happy.

Edited by IronScorpion

gotta say im really impressed that a team shows such respect and loyalty to there previous team and that all the riders who finished the season were willing to re sign for the following season

if more riders/clubs had the same attitude the sport might improve and crowds maybe would improve

• Like 8

Looking at the declared team and checking the averages with the BSPA site list of CMA and it seems that the total team points add up to 40.10, unless there is a mistake in the CMA list the team will not be accepted by the powers that be. here is the list that I checked against the CMA's. if I am mistaken then I apologise

Scunthorpe Scorpions Ryan Douglas 7.18 Josh Auty 7.01 Michael Palm-Toft 6.98 Lewis Kerr 5.98 Carl Wilkinson 6.12 Fritz Wallner 3.83 Josh Bailey 3.00

Max Team Points 40

Current Team Average 40.10

Edited by starshooter

Josh is a 2

Frit is a 4 39.27 i think

According to the sheets Josh Bailey is on 3.00 and Fritz is 3.68 still makes 40.10

According to the sheets Josh Bailey is on 3.00 and Fritz is 3.68 still makes 40.10

The minimum average is 2017 is a 2.00 as opposed to this years 3.00. Also Wallner technically averaged 3.83 last season but the minimum average for team building for a foreigner is 4.00.

Do you really think that a statto like Mr Peasley would be involved in an incorrect team announcement :D

• Like 1

Dunno where you've got 3.68 from. Fritz's real average last season was 3.83. Due to the new minimum on foreign riders, that is marked up to 4.00 rather than 5.00.

Likewise the new minimum on British riders is 2.00. So Josh Bailey keeps his real average of 2.05 from last season.

I think you're confusing the 2016 Green Sheet averages (which take into account 2016 regulations), rather than the averages for team building for 2017, which would use the 2017 regulations.

Scorpions' averages are listed here:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=6514

Adds up to 39.32.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Surely Bailey will get his 2.5% British reduction, would mean he starts on a two.

It almost seems like a team has to ask for it (Williamson / Workington)!

well explained rob, as most of us know thats read the rules, its not rocket science.

nice to see so many riders back for another season, no earth shattering new signing to get folks excited, but given an injury free season the scorps have the potential to challenge for a play off place, i do believe there is potential for 6 of them to increase their starting average, MPT could be the guy to add 2 and a half points and become a genuine number 1 at this level and young josh could double that starting average.

looking for some good sunday weather to get me over to the best racing track in the land.

• Like 2

Surely Bailey will get his 2.5% British reduction, would mean he starts on a two.

Is that still about for riders who have competed in the NL within the last two years? If it does still exist, it would place JB on a 2.00 rather than 2.05. Not that it really makes any difference to Scunny's starting line-up.

All the best

Rob

This team can make the play/offs hope they can get promoted at some stage be great to visit when Swindon were in town.The racetrack is superb, Toft Douglas,Auty,Bailey,to improve there averages if Auty could stay at no 5 think he can get his top spot back in the averages.

Edited by Sidney the robin

if Auty could stay at no 5 think he can get his no 1 spot back.

Eh?