British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

What are you talking about.??? let's put it another way would you rather them break there budget and risk not having any speedway in the future.?There team this year Auty,Douglas,Kerr,Toft,Wallner,Wilko,and young Bailey are all racers not a gating tart between them.I am sure the Scunny fans will back me up on that.

I'm not quite sure on that statement Sidney. Everyone knows Auty can't gate but can entertain us around the boards while Bailey struggles if he doesn't gate

I'm not quite sure on that statement Sidney. Everyone knows Auty can't gate but can entertain us around the boards while Bailey struggles if he doesn't gate

Wallner looked a real entertainer when i see him Wilko is a whole hearted racer also Bailey his weakness is his gating. Whenever i have seen him he had to earn his points from the back.

I'm sure he does at that level but he is a proper racer in the making, have seen him pull off some excellent passes in the NL.

I'm sure he does at that level but he is a proper racer in the making, have seen him pull off some excellent passes in the NL.

He impressed me Gordon a real nice tidy style in a way reminds me of a young Mark Loram (some rider he was).I think young Josh can go along way in the sport.

SCUNTHORPE SCORPIONS will unveil their new clubhouse – at the team’s press and practice. The grand opening will take place at 6pm on Friday, March 17th.

Owner Rob Godfrey has always been keen to improve facilities at the track, and sees the clubhouse, which is situated on the first and second bends, as a huge step forward.

“The clubhouse has been a big investment, but it will pay for itself”, he says.

“If I’m honest, it’s one area where we had previously been lacking. But that’s not the case anymore, and we’ll make the most of the new opportunities that our new clubhouse provides.

“There’s so much space inside, and will fit 200 people with comfort.

“It means we have social functions at the track, both during the season and the winter months as well.

“It also means we can entertain our hospitality guests better.”

There’s been a huge amount of work to get the new building ready.

“At one stage just before Christmas, I did wonder if we could get everything that I wanted to do this winter”, admits Godfrey.

“But we’ve had a lot of help, and I’m so grateful for that.

“It’s almost there. We’ve just had the pumps fitted for the bar. There’s just a little more work to do and then we’ll be there.”

Godfrey plans to celebrate the official opening of the clubhouse in style.

“We’ll cut the ribbon at 6pm on March 17th and we’ll toast the opening with champagne”, he explains. “And then, after that, we’ll have our Press & Practice.

“For me, it feels like we’re entering a whole new era for the club. I can’t wait to get the season started.”

• Like 3

Good on Scunthorpe improvement on and off the track is a risk but one i am sure will be rewarded if only more clubs had there own facilities then i feel the sport in general would be stronger.

My own club have constantly had sarcastic comments thrown at us by some posters for having the vision to try and improve there product so I congratulate the Scunthorpe management for having the same vision.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Scunny make great use of there track facility's all year round , there amateur meetings and practice day are always well attended and run like clockwork giving riders plenty track time and pretty sure Rob puts every penny back into the club to make it what it is today

• Like 3

Guest Scunny2012

True if only the team were what the track deserved

Having been through the laughing stock but happy years of the early seventies at Quibell Park this team that has been assembled this year might surprise many a team, Scunthorpe should be proud that they still have a track in the town and part of a 10 team league , i'm sure such defunct tracks such as Boston, Hull,Long Eaton, Ellesmere Port, Crewe, Canterbury, Exeter,Newport etc etc would give their right arm to have a team like this to support, win or lose Scunthorpe will no doubt serve up another year of excellent entertainment on the best race track in the league.

i thought newcastle got that award for 2016 . but its true what you say , there is many towns and cities that would love to have speedway back in their town .

Just 24hrs before our Press & Practice when all our riders for 2017 will be unveiled as well as our new clubhouse. We know our riders well as all 7 are back from last year but what will be the riding order as, due to changes of their averages, riders will be moved about.

My signature gives my riding order & that has been my view for a few months now so no insider information.

As we are sticking with the same 7 riders from last year, & how we finished the year off, I would keep the pairings the same.

Douglas, now at 1 should ride with Wilko at 2(in 2016 they rode together at 5 & 6)

Auty will be at 3 with MPT at 4(in 2016 they rode together at 1 & 2)

Kerr will be at 5 with Fritz at 6(in 2016 they rode together at 3 & 4)

Bailey back at 7

If the pairings worked towards the end of last year then the saying "If it's not broken, don't change it" should apply.

Hoping for a better 2017 than 2016 & all riders injury free.

I'd change the riding order for Home and Away meetings:

Home Away

1 Ryan 1 Ryan

2 Wilko 2 Wilko

3 MPT 3 Josh A

4 Lewi 4 MPT

5 Josh A 5 Lewi

6 Fritz 6 Fritz

7 Josh B 7 Josh B

• Like 1

I'd change the riding order for Home and Away meetings:

Home Away

1 Ryan 1 Ryan

2 Wilko 2 Wilko

3 MPT 3 Josh A

4 Lewi 4 MPT

5 Josh A 5 Lewi

6 Fritz 6 Fritz

7 Josh B 7 Josh B

Hi Ian

Looks like a half decent forecast for tonight; so plan to get over for the P+P; so may see you there ?

Would not disagree with the Home order. Can see the logic in Ryan being the No1; then we are showing some belief in him and that he can make the next step this season. Big Josh at 5. for me too; takes the "monkey off his back" of being No1. I think MPT will be a big scorer in this league this season and will surely get a Premiership ride as the season unfolds.

Wonder if David Howe will be practicing this evening ? reading Robs enthusiasm for his comeback makes you think he's our 'go too rider' in the event of any hiccups. Wish the club legend well for his return; but really hoping we will not be needing to change anything.

Speedways Back !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2

So it looks like..

Ryan 1

Wilko 2

Lewi 3

Tofty 4

Josh 5

Fritz 6

Lil Josh 7

I would prefer Bezs line up, swop tofty and lewi, think i would prefer lewi in heat 14 especially if it was a meeting winning ride