Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Please do Rob. I'be had a p.m. from someone telling me it was Jon Bulmer. Every, EVERY track should have one.

I can see why you travel up from Oxford. I would if I could.

(EDIT: Can't find an email address for the club so can you please be sure that Rob Godfrey gets to see my thanks please?)

Hi Rob,

Cheers - now added to website.

Yes, speedway at Scunthorpe is a level above every other track in the UK. Hence the reason I get up there as much as I can (ironically one of the few this year that I've missed is last Sunday).

To email the promotion:

gailgodfrey@icloud.com

Although I will forward your original post to both Rob & Gail, just in case they don't see it on the website.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

PLEASE NOTE some important team news regarding Scorpions will be added to the @ScunTelegraph website at 6am tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

Strange........................................I saw a tweet about Stefan's soon return this afternoon so asked a question on how injured riders return & replace an outgoing rider in a new topic not long later. I now can't find the tweet (probably removed) so as not to steal the thunder. The news is too late for publication in the paper out tomorrow so the "news" will be out via website & social media.

Can scunny keep aarnio and bring neilsen in for wilko would be a better move if averages allow

Can scunny keep aarnio and bring neilsen in for wilko would be a better move if averages allow

I know it was one match but Wilkinson arguably won the match for the Scorpions on Sunday, scoring paid 15 and covering for two injured riders.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Bit of a blow for Stefan and judging from the article that’s his season over before it really got going. Hopefully the fact we won’t see him on a bike until next season will mean Stefan’s shoulder injury will have time to fully heal.

As we have just seen with Josh Bailey sometimes it takes longer for a rider to get back to full fitness than they realise and the results of coming back too early can be disastrous for both the rider’s morale and the team as a whole

You have only to go back a couple of seasons and look at David Howe to see the effect of trying to carry on when you’re not full fit.

In the mean time I’m sure what with Tero’s place in the team assured ( although I’m guessing he wouldn’t have wanted it to be under these circumstances) he’ll push on and continue to do the good job he’s doing

• Like 1

Gutted for Stefan Nielsen; surely curtails his season ?, but gives some certainty to Tero who has covered it really well in Stefans absence.

We have to carry on; and with the two Josh's back in situ; the team looks stable again and we can push on.

Bit of a blow for Stefan and judging from the article that’s his season over before it really got going. Hopefully the fact we won’t see him on a bike until next season will mean Stefan’s shoulder injury will have time to fully heal.

As we have just seen with Josh Bailey sometimes it takes longer for a rider to get back to full fitness than they realise and the results of coming back too early can be disastrous for both the rider’s morale and the team as a whole

You have only to go back a couple of seasons and look at David Howe to see the effect of trying to carry on when you’re not full fit.

In the mean time I’m sure what with Tero’s place in the team assured ( although I’m guessing he wouldn’t have wanted it to be under these circumstances) he’ll push on and continue to do the good job he’s doing

Totally agree. I feel sorry for ALL the black cats Rob must have upset this season to have the luck that the team is having.

Totally agree. I feel sorry for ALL the black cats Rob must have upset this season to have the luck that the team is having.

We want to try being Berwick. :(

Hi Rob!!

It's very lovely and touching to read this message, you will be unaware but I have stood on that exact spot for the last 10 years! I have grown up with the track, gaining personal confidence and meeting friends from places that I would never visit myself. A smile and a helping hand costs nothing does it. Which was why I was persistent to help and assist you. The Speedway Stars was just a little bit that I could do for you, and helping you with the items you was bringing in. I was watching out for you through the meeting to make sure you didn't escape at least with out a bye!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I am glad that I was able to help you!!

Don't be a stranger, I look forward to your future visits and being able to help you! You do need to tell me more about some more of the places you've commentated from!!

All the best

Jon

We are certainly blessed at Scunthorpe with some truly great people who help run the club and Jon is one of the finest. As far as I know ladies he is still available too but surely not for very long. Well done Jon and thanks to Rob for taking the time to tell the world.

• Like 3

As above. To be honest doesn't really surprise me, Jon is always there with a smiling face, welcoming all, chat about the forthcoming meeting and offering help if required. Defo a sound guy. Mind, quite a few folk help keep Scunny ticking over, Mr (& Mrs) Holly above is certainly another one.....

• Like 1