British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Berge and Wallner for Wilko and Aarnio ??

Why would you want to lose Aarnio, he's the only consistant rider you have. Berge a good bet, if you can mentor him, a very temperamental rider

Apologies for any uncertainty, but the club will be in a position to name the replacement for Wilko first thing on Saturday morning.

All the best

Rob

Thanks Rob appreciate that.

james sarjeant ! please ! ! !

i hope sarjeant does well for you .

i hope sarjeant does well for you .

Jenga, sorry to disappoint you, but Scunny's new signing is not James Sarjeant. ;)

We have 6.13 to replace Wilko; Sarj is 3.68.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Really wanted to see Fritz back but now its only one signing i can only see Berge , We nearly signed him when Josh "retired" and we know Rob rates him highly from his Sheffield days. I didnt realise last week Tero scored 13 against a good Glasgow team and that is what you want from a reserve, i guess it would keep Robs liking of a 5 or 6 pt rider at reserve, i also think it wont be a nicholls or kennett as we may have to lose kerr, tofty dougy or auty, As rob said a bit of a freshen up, then go for a big No 1 next year

just seen Robs post,,, 6.13 to play with and berge is 6.91

Edited by neck brace tony

Rob Godfrey is saying that the signing will keep Tero at reserve & is hoping the new rider scores 6-8 points. That, to me, would be difficult as it would depend on where he would ride but my guess is no2. This is hard in itself as he will be riding with a heat leader (no1) 3 times & against a heat leader 3 times. Rob is still hoping our top 4 of Kerr, Auty, Toft & Douglas will score the points but we have been waiting all season. At most sometimes 2 have scored well, 3 rarely & all 4 never.

It would have been interesting if we had gone for the big no1 as if it proved to be successful, it would show him the direction to take in 2018.

It was interesting reading in our telegraph the reasons why we have struggled this year & the reasons were similar to other teams, injuries & a difficult no1 position. Berwick & Ipswich are 2 that have suffered similar with injuries, others changed through form. We kept our team from the end of last year so everything should have been ok, but what did we do that has only been highlighted by myself as a reason. We changed the riding order pairings. Any teams best rider always rides at no1 but 2-5 can be changed to suit & this is what we did not do at any time. It might seem strange but we could have a rider order, based on riders who finished 2016 of Toft, Auty, New rider, Douglas, Kerr, Aarnio, Bailey

Rob said in the Star; that the rider in question is one that we (the supporters) might not immediately think of (or words to that effect). Alex Davies back ?; he has been riding grass track this season; so is not coming in 'cold'. and could come in and get the 6-8's around the EWR. He did say on twitter last week he was waiting for the call to get back in. ?

Rob said in the Star; that the rider in question is one that we (the supporters) might not immediately think of (or words to that effect). Alex Davies back ?; he has been riding grass track this season; so is not coming in 'cold'. and could come in and get the 6-8's around the EWR. He did say on twitter last week he was waiting for the call to get back in. ?

Another familiar face for Scunthorpe...

I kinda hope it's Jake Allen... I haven't done the maths but I'd be surprised if his average doesn't fit...

Another familiar face for Scunthorpe...

I kinda hope it's Jake Allen... I haven't done the maths but I'd be surprised if his average doesn't fit...

You know what Dande you could be on to something; his average in the Prem for Somerset is 5.07 and supposedly we 6.13 to play with. How much do we have to factor in to convert a Prem to Champ average ? Might fit ? and given the that Lewis & MPT have gone the other way to Somerset; it is a conversation you might have with the Rebels promotion if you were needing a rider at Scunthorpe.

Rob always likes to throw a few red herrings in.

Everything comes in 3's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Auty return, Bailey return, possible Stefan return! Rob says he has a couple of options & Stefan's twitter saying he's having physio rather than an op. Has he had a call to help us out, has he been testing the shoulder out?

Another option of average fitting is Tungate. I know what people could be saying & I was one that would not like to see him in my team but.............we have to have someone. Allen didn't score well last year as no2 for Somerset, 1+1 from 4 rides

Allen's converted average would come to 6.08 (if his PL average is 5.07) So he'd fit nicely...

I doubt it will be Stefan if Rob says it's someone you might not expect... It'll be slightly less predictable than Stefan

The only other riders who immediately spring to mind for me is Emil Grondal, Zdenek Holub (if he fits not sure of his average atm) or Anders Mellgren to make a return

It'd be ironic if it was Rohan considering what the Scunthorpe fans thought of him last year...