British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Happy with the current 1-7 - however, think we're one change away from being a very good team. So I'd be looking to bring a new number 1 in.

We are 3rd from bottom and have beat a patched up Newcastle and bottom of the table Redcar (with Bjerre looking like he wasn't even trying), we are 3rd from bottom and people want the same team?? I'm sorry but although I think most of them (max 5) should be retained, a hard hitting number 1 to me is a must or we are going to be a 40 pt team again. We all dream of these riders putting 2 pts on each of their averages but that never happens, I included fall into this trap but although I am much happier after the last few matches we have to get a sense of reality here, our end of season matches are mainly against the lower teams and wins appear better than they are.

For the reserve berth i think Bailey did okay, to me though he hasn't come on through the season like I thought he would, in fact Jack Smith looks even better and I would like to see him or somebody like Shanes at reserve.

Anyway just my thoughts on it.

• Like 3

If you run on a weekend next year, you would be unlikely to get James Shanes to ride for you with all his grasstrack commitments.

We have been bottom & now 3rd bottom because of early season form & injuries. We were a 2 man team with only Auty & Douglas scoring most of the points regularly. Bailey just settling in couldn't be faulted. The problems lied with Holub & Wilko not getting bikes set up & Davies not reproducing the form we expected to run on from the end of 2015.

Now we have 4, 5 & sometimes 6 scoring decent points at home & we scored 41 at Somerset & 34 at an improved Ipswich. Last night, Sheffield scored 34 with a t/r win but, supposedly, an injury hit, average lowering team as they are still in a play off position.

Edited by IronScorpion

Good to see Rob G. stating in the news that he would like the same 1 to 7. Certainly riders who want to ride and give of their best. Obviously averages need to be considered. As a Lynn Fan also, I would like to see Wilko and Josh B forming part, and if a number 1 is wanted then I do hope that Rob is speaking to Mr Schlein before he is snapped up. His experience and knowledge would be invaluable in the pits. MPT was on fire as a guest for Lynn at the highest level. A solid basis is there for a very good outfit. Best wishes for a successful 2017.

Mr Schein definately for me, lets go with a "proper" number 1, see if the season goes differently, obviously i dont want a rider who is going to bankrupt the club with a £250 a point wage demand, but id like us to try a change,

would anyone fancy Jason Garrity?

• Like 1

Assuming the limit and reserve rules are the same I'd like to see

1. Rohan Tungate 8.91 (I know he's not so popular at Scunthorpe, but forgive and forget)

2. Ryan Douglas 6.63

3. Lewis Kerr 5.67

4. Josh Auty 7.01

5. Nick Morris 7.91

6. Zdenek Holub 3.00

7. Josh Bailey 3.00

Total 42.13

OR

1. Nick Morris 7.91

2. Lewis Kerr 5.67

3. Ryan Douglas 6.63

4. Thomas Jorgensen 6.83 / Jack Holder 6.92

5. Josh Auty 7.01

6. Anders Mellgren 5.33

7. Josh Bailey 3.00

Total 42.39 / 42.47

Mr Schein definately for me, lets go with a "proper" number 1, see if the season goes differently, obviously i dont want a rider who is going to bankrupt the club with a £250 a point wage demand, but id like us to try a change,

would anyone fancy Jason Garrity?

Thing is Tony i don't think Schlein would be a PL number1 now he has had some horrendous injuries what about Bjarne Pedersen dropping back down into the PL? he won't be cheap though.

I think Rory will be back better and strong he is soon having all his metal work out and im will be getting back to where he was.

I think Rory will be back better and strong he is soon having all his metal work out and im will be getting back to where he was.

I hope so is he doing any meetings in the close season? i still think it is going to be very hard for him to be a 9 plus rider in a mega tough PL.

I hope so is he doing any meetings in the close season? i still think it is going to be very hard for him to be a 9 plus rider in a mega tough PL.

I not sure on the front at the moment sorry.

What we need at Scunny in 2017

- A decent number 1 - no disrespect to Josh but he aint a number 1, a 9 pointer maybe?

- A decent sound system, so us fans can hear better

- Better music, sorry Barry but yer musics coming stale now..

- Challenge meetings at the start of the season - maybe against a team such as Leicester?

- Meetings to fill in blank weekends (Championship of Lincolnshire individual as an idea)

What we need at Scunny in 2017

- A decent number 1 - no disrespect to Josh but he aint a number 1, a 9 pointer maybe?

- A decent sound system, so us fans can hear better

- Better music, sorry Barry but yer musics coming stale now..

- Challenge meetings at the start of the season - maybe against a team such as Leicester?

- Meetings to fill in blank weekends (Championship of Lincolnshire individual as an idea)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the sound system just the people operating it, they need to remember to hold the mic away from their face and shield it from the wind. The guy that does the announcements from the refs box speaks with little clarity, maybe Roger Westby could be used as tactical substitution.

PA system facing towards the stand just after the start tapes is poor,yet those in the carpark are great! Middle of the centre green- whoever is using the microphone, needs a sports mike shield to protect from the wind roar, as most times interviews are inaudible. Can the box and centre green man, talk to each other to cut the music during interviews also.

Edited by scunny1