British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Speedway is all about people. Thankfully Scunthorpe have some of the best. Wish it was nearer ;)

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Oh dear, loyalty to riders hasn't paid off, I'm quite pleased i haven't wasted my time and money going to many meetings this year, the bt coverage has kept my speedway interest instead

Time for some BIG changes i think.

Imagine if the quality riders we have go elsewhere next year......

RE Redcar v Scunthorpe and Ipswich v Scunthorpe fixtures. Time for big changes in the Scunthorpe team. Over to you Rob!!

Here's a response I stuck on the Redcar v Scunthorpe thread earlier to a comment by Scunny2012

Scunny2012, on 13 Jul 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Was going to go to this match, pleased I didn't what a disappointment, Scunny outclassed again, seems like the home match and win over Newcastle just papered over the cracks and gave the supporters false hope, many changes needed to be competitive away starting with a genuine no.1.

Exactly the same here; we were going but then thought it through and came up with at least a 20pt reverse on a track none of our riders seem to go well on. Given that Wilko and Auty are former Redcar riders you would expect better ?; Ryan has never sorted the place out; MPT too not a fan of the Pwima Awena ; chuck in 1pt from JB (who is exonerated from criticism by the way); and Tero scraping around for 2pts and we're left with 13pt out of 32 ! from Lewis Kerr or else its a total plastering ?. Cannot fathom this at all ? - say it time and time again ..we're better than this ...but we rarely are?.

Rob's nailed his colours to the mast - no changes; were sticking with it to the bitter end; and to be fair I'd probably do the same at this stage. There's still a decent 1-7 there somewhere ? and there's always Berwick worse off than us ? so we can avoid the wooden spoon.

Look; I back the team come what may; but there has to be tangible change next season and I do not just mean at Scunthorpe. Speedway GB has to take a long long hard look at this set-up and come up with a plan that amounts to far far more than rebranding a couple of Leagues !. EVERYONE (and that means promoter; riders; BT sport; us the FANS - everyone) is deserving of better than the current state we seem to have landed in. Lets get back around the table and come up with a cohesive plan for Speedway GB for 2018.

1. Merge the Leagues ! - there's simply no point to the Championship-Premier idea - the two leagues have the same riders in them.

2. No doubling up-guesting that's killing our interest. Lets put the 'identity' back into team speedway.

3. Transfer windows please !; one 1st June and one 1st August other than that you declare your team and stick with it (injury aside)

4. Can any one explain averages ? no me neither ..scrap them bring back rider control !

5. Leagues merge and guess what ?- all of us get our day at the National Speedway Stadium ! cracking point of interest for fans of every team the idea of an away meeting at Belle Vue !

I could go on.

Edited by the outsider

A KOC quarter-final on September 22nd. How ridiculously late! That leaves 5 weeks for the semis and final (and a possible replay) as well as the play-offs being then. Not to mention more finals in the freezing cold with the potential for rain-offs.

• Like 1

A KOC quarter-final on September 22nd. How ridiculously late! That leaves 5 weeks for the semis and final (and a possible replay) as well as the play-offs being then. Not to mention more finals in the freezing cold with the potential for rain-offs.

Well you can forget about Panthers or Scorpions being involved in play-offs , unless its for the wooden spoon.

Well you can forget about Panthers or Scorpions being involved in play-offs , unless its for the wooden spoon.

Their KOC semi & final pponents will be though.

And they'll wonder why nobody has turned up to watch it!

So it's been announced that Carl Wilkinson has been released and will be replaced by Sunday 30th July. Any idea who his replacement may be?

Well there's a really great option who is available. Average fits; World Cup rider; proven at this level; got the x-factor in terms of supporter appeal; a racer and has made it known hes chasing a PL/CL ride. Infact; there's no reason why you would not to sign this rider ? Oh hang on though there might be one ?

Emil Grondal was at Peterborough yesterday and said he cannot wait to get racing in England again. Maybe destined for Scunthorpe.

Well there's a really great option who is available. Average fits; World Cup rider; proven at this level; got the x-factor in terms of supporter appeal; a racer and has made it known hes chasing a PL/CL ride. Infact; there's no reason why you would not to sign this rider ? Oh hang on though there might be one ?

Who though?

Scott Nicholls maybe ?

Or Gino Manzares (work visa permitting)