British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Or Gino Manzares (work visa permitting)

Or Maksym Drabik (work permit not needed) ;)

• Like 1

I think Scunthorpe need a NO1 Nicholls would be ideal IMO

And Drabik would certainly fall into that category!

And Drabik would certainly fall into that category!

He's Polish so no chance of him riding at Scunthorpe especially as it's a Sunday track.

Scott Nicholls maybe ?

How much do Scunthorpe have to play with?

Want to see him in this country

Or Maksym Drabik (work permit not needed) ;)

Not a f*cking chance... Don't make me laugh

I really can't see Scunny paying out for Nichols or someone similar to that with the season all done and dusted IMO. Waste of money

I really can't see Scunny paying out for Nichols or someone similar to that with the season all done and dusted IMO. Waste of money

If that's there attitude then they might as well have kept Wilkinson , the way he's been riding lately he would cost very little. I think they need a new NO1 to freshen things up and hope it attracts better support , but like you not sure if they are willing to shell out for a rider of that calibre.

That's your man ...and the second change is a bonefide No1.

If that's there attitude then they might as well have kept Wilkinson , the way he's been riding lately he would cost very little. I think they need a new NO1 to freshen things up and hope it attracts better support , but like you not sure if they are willing to shell out for a rider of that calibre.

Edward Kennett ? Just got a place at Poole but could double up. He goes well round the EWR.

I work out that Scunny have 6.13 left?

1 Toft 7.09

2 Douglas 5.73

3 Auty 6.64

4 ??

5 Kerr 6.82

6 Aarnio 4.98

7 Bailey 2.61

6.13 left

But if there is more than one rider being let go, as already hinted in press release, it could be a lot more points to play with........

Edited by cheggie

Andreas Lyager - does his job now allow him to come back, what average would he be on? still an assessed 7 ?

Edited by bez

Andreas Lyager - does his job now allow him to come back, what average would he be on? still an assessed 7 ?

Ian; I like Lyager but I don't think it is the right time for him. We need almost an instant fix to reignite the season; and for me that has to be a complete change of direction with the team. A pukka No1 rider to go against the opposition No1's Kennett would be a great choice; and I would go for Manzeres who has put himself in the shop window for a PL/CL team spot. Those two really up our game; but beside Wilko who else is leaving ? #NoLoveIsland

If we are going down the route of a strong no1, it's worked for Berwick with Morris, then a top sacrifice has to be made. Bringing in a rider of the calibre of Bellego(8.65) or Kennett(8.15) means bringing in a 4.00/4.50 point rider of possibly Jacobs or Wallner. With our team average of 38.99 this means losing 1 of either Toft, Kerr or Auty to fit in 2 new riders.

On to Sundays performance. There was some excitement but also embarrassing in that away riders can show our guys how to ride the EWR. Richie did an excellent job protecting Bewley in front by changing lines to keep Auty at bay in heat 7. The use of the t/r on Wilko was definitely strange at the time but understand the reason as, yes, it is a heat he should be winning. In heat 9 Auty & Douglas again swapping lines on laps 3 & 4 nearly taking each other out gifting points away, GET IT SORTED. In heat 13 it was a typical EWR race in trying to pass riders in front but also needing to protect the pass from behind. Again, a team talk was missing as 1 rider should have rode the inside line & 1 the outside meaning the rider in front (Lawson) has to look over both shoulders to keep both Scorpions at bay & making it harder for Summers to have a blast on the last 2 laps around the outside. 10 last places in 14 heats does not help the team get a result either.

• Like 1

Rob has already said that there is no chance of signing Gino Manzares, as it would take too long to get his work permit, and set him up to ride in the UK.

He's Polish so no chance of him riding at Scunthorpe especially as it's a Sunday track.

A fair point.