British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Kenny Wennerstam is seeking a position in the UK. Surely this should be a 'no brainer' for Scunthorpe as he would become their asset too!!!

I hope we sign Lyager back think he has so much potential and look what he's doing in the world U-21'a, he will make a mockery of his assessed 7 and become a full asset as well

I wouldn't mind Luke Becker as the other, looked good in the SWC winning a race against some top opponents and would come in on a 5

• Like 1

Guest Scunny2012

I work out that Scunny have 6.13 left?

1 Toft 7.09

2 Douglas 5.73

3 Auty 6.64

4 ??

5 Kerr 6.82

6 Aarnio 4.98

7 Bailey 2.61

6.13 left

But if there is more than one rider being let go, as already hinted in press release, it could be a lot more points to play with........

Difficult choices if another rider is released, could be any of Kerr Auty Douglas and Toft but personally I don't think any of these should be replaced although it might be taken out of Scunny's hands for next year if Douglas doesn't reach a 7point average or finish in the top 4 in his Aussie round.

Definately Scunny need a no 1 to mix it with the best and I believe that Stefen Nielsen but for injury could have challenged for that spot.

Difficult choices if another rider is released, could be any of Kerr Auty Douglas and Toft but personally I don't think any of these should be replaced although it might be taken out of Scunny's hands for next year if Douglas doesn't reach a 7point average or finish in the top 4 in his Aussie round.

Definately Scunny need a no 1 to mix it with the best and I believe that Stefen Nielsen but for injury could have challenged for that spot.

U avin a laff

Stefan Nielsen at number 1? The hell you even saying? I like Stefan... But just no, unless he's challenging for number 1 next year in the NL? lol

Edited by Dandelion

Guest Scunny2012

Stefan Nielsen at number 1? The hell you even saying? I like Stefan... But just no, unless he's challenging for number 1 next year in the NL? lol

Not as daft as you might think as you only have to average 7 tops to be Scunny no 1 and the only home match before injury he scored paid 12, maybe phrased it wrong ,not saying he would have been a top no 1 rider just that with all the others underachieving probably wouldn't have done much worse.

Edited by Scunny2012

Not as daft as you might think as you only have to average 7 tops to be Scunny no 1 and the only home match before injury he scored paid 12, maybe phrased it wrong ,not saying he would have been a top no 1 rider just that with all the others underachieving probably wouldn't have done much worse.

I think the real Mrs Brown would say " that's nice now feck off ". Come on honestly if he got to NO1 do you believe Scunthorpe would be any better than what they've been doing already.

I agree, maybe he COULD be Scunthorpe's number 1, maybe by this time next year if they stuck with the same riders and he rode well... But Stefan wouldn't be a good number 1 rider, with all due respect to him, he'd barely make a 7 point average if he rode well from now on for at least a year I'd say...

I would bring in James Shanes! Wants more meetings and would score lots of points away as well. Could bring in two Poole riders with EK and Shanes! Would be solid!

Kenny Wennerstam is seeking a position in the UK. Surely this should be a 'no brainer' for Scunthorpe as he would become their asset too!!!

We probably should not be taking gambles on complete unknowns. This team change has to bring in proven ready to roll re-enforcements otherwise I cannot see the point of it. Kennett for me; I thought about him being a Southern based rider; then reminded myself he used to trek up to Berwick so commitments permitting Scunny would be a breeze.

WHAT ABOUT KENNETH HANSEN ?

Walner, Nielsen, Lyager, yes i know they don't fit, I don't do the averages mathematics.

Will the real Josh Bailey please stand up.

I've asked before why teams don't practice more and race each other.

I was at the press and practice, think it was last year, the only rider i saw giving it some beans round the outside was Thomas Jorgensen, he wasn't even in the team last year.

Maybe he should be.

Press & practice is basically having a spin on a slick, untraceable track in front of a few fans.

The track SHOULD be prepared similar to race conditions & riders go out in their pairings.

So basically, a waste of time!!!!

So it wouldn't be a waste of time if they did it right.

The Scorpions usually look like solo riders trying to get points money, sometimes at the expense of the team.

Wish they'd sort themselves out, I'd like to come back and watch some live Speedway.

• Like 1