British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Good read but you know how l see things. We simply must have a big hitter on board from the get go. A rider who can dominate at the EWR and then also seriously take on the oppo big guns around their home patch on a consistent basis. l fully understand the loyalty to Josh but unfortunately,each season,he has fallen short of being that essential number one. For sure Josh is certainly capable and Who knows, given a clear run then 2017 just might be the year when he steps it up? It would be really great to think so. I do agree though that there is also a fair shout for either Ryan, Lewis or MPT emerging as our number one and who knows perhaps we could have a situation where all four are piling up the points and battling it out to be number one? We would definitely be serious title contenders in that situation! Still and keeping it real that is more than likely not to be the case and therefore in my opinion the securing of a true number one rider is absolutely crucial to the Scorpions 2017 fortunes. This time our head really must rule our heart!

Really would like to see a proper number one next year someone who will not drop down if the others have a good month. Also not convinced we could have wilko and fritz in the same team for a season think they may be to similar in there scoring patterns which could leave us vulnerable at the EWR and to keep crowd levels up and get the locals coming out in force think we need to win at home regularly.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

There will be lots of team changes next year, be it average reduction, , teams not running , doubling up rules etc, so who would be available or who would we like to see?

Who is going to make way?, i was certain with toftys interview last meeting it was him, now reading his speedway star article i am more confident of him staying, also reading other threads that his 7 average is going to hamper him finding a place.

What i would like to see is a bit of "team spirit" from the riders, ie, when we get enough points to win the meeting say ht 13 for example, when the 2 riders that got the points get to the pit gate, have the remaining riders there to congratulate them. show the fans some spirit, also it used to be good when they walked through the crowd after the victory parade, lets the fans say well done... away teams that came and won had some interaction with the fans

Do riders have to be away just after heat 15? The times ive seen Josh's van leaving if hes not picked for heat 15,Have a post meeting interview with the winning captain and/or rider of the night, have a fan pick the rider of the night, maybe from the raffle tickets, 1st and 2nd get money so do a 3rd draw for a view on the centre in heat 15 then pick the rider? Might increase raffle sales and maybe give the rider an exta tenner or so fot the back pocket

lasse bjeere or anders mellgren on there currant avergages would seem to be a no brainer and what about tempting karlsson back he would be a good leader.

Mellgren was at Berwick end of season dance last week and said he had no plans to ride in UK 2017 but he also said you never know with speedway.

• Like 1

lasse bjeere or anders mellgren on there currant avergages would seem to be a no brainer and what about tempting karlsson back he would be a good leader.

I thought about Bjerre; wasn't he supposed to have fallen out with the Redcar management; and rode the season out under 'sufferance' ? He's on 6.65 I think, and agree might be a steal as he has the ability to become a No1 rider no doubt.

I thought about Bjerre; wasn't he supposed to have fallen out with the Redcar management; and rode the season out under 'sufferance' ? He's on 6.65 I think, and agree might be a steal as he has the ability to become a No1 rider no doubt.

At least he now knows what it's like for the supporters! ;)

• Like 2

Great to see flying Ryan back with the Scorpions for 2017. Will be interesting to see how the teams take shape now with the new 40 points limit.

Would love to see Fritz, MPT and Lewi back in the Scorpions and I'm pretty sure Josh was announced last year correct me if I'm wrong ?

Team could be something like this:

1 Ryan Douglas - 7.18

2. Lewi Kerr - 6.16

3. MPT - 7.01

4. Fritz Wallner - 5.00

5. Josh Auty - 7.10

Total = 32.35

So would leave us 7.65 for the last 2 riders including your British Number 7

Would like to see Jack Smith at 7 which would leave us 4.65 for the last reserve but no idea who that would be yet. Will be an interesting 2017!

Great to see flying Ryan back with the Scorpions for 2017. Will be interesting to see how the teams take shape now with the new 40 points limit.

Would love to see Fritz, MPT and Lewi back in the Scorpions and I'm pretty sure Josh was announced last year correct me if I'm wrong ?

Team could be something like this:

1 Ryan Douglas - 7.18

2. Lewi Kerr - 6.16

3. MPT - 7.01

4. Fritz Wallner - 5.00

5. Josh Auty - 7.10

Total = 32.35

So would leave us 7.65 for the last 2 riders including your British Number 7

Would like to see Jack Smith at 7 which would leave us 4.65 for the last reserve but no idea who that would be yet. Will be an interesting 2017!

Jack Smith would come in on a 2point average

Jack Smith would come in on a 2point average

No he would not. Someone asked this question on the SGB Twitter page and it was confirmed that only riders who have ridden PL and did not attain a 3pt average would be on a 2 - the specific question related to Jack Smith and JPB and the response was they would come on a 3pt average whereas the likes of Josh Bailey would 2.05

No he would not. Someone asked this question on the SGB Twitter page and it was confirmed that only riders who have ridden PL and did not attain a 3pt average would be on a 2 - the specific question related to Jack Smith and JPB and the response was they would come on a 3pt average whereas the likes of Josh Bailey would 2.05

Exactly hence why I put that, it is an interesting one because you have to weigh up the benefits, would it be better having Josh back and the extra .95 to play with or would Jack Smith be worth the extra point. On last years display I think I would definitely go with Jack and find the reserve on that average, potentially Ashley Morris, Rob Branford or Tom Perry

Exactly hence why I put that, it is an interesting one because you have to weigh up the benefits, would it be better having Josh back and the extra .95 to play with or would Jack Smith be worth the extra point. On last years display I think I would definitely go with Jack and find the reserve on that average, potentially Ashley Morris, Rob Branford or Tom Perry

Can understand the dilemna. I am an exiled Elite League supporter who visited Scunny a few times this season as only an hour away (and one of the best race tracks in the country) and was pretty impressed with Josh considering it was his first season at this level. May be worth keeping him as he now knows the tracks and nothing beats experience however from what I saw of Jack Smith........decisions, decisions :unsure: