British Speedway Forum
poolebolton

2017 Potential Signings

As the 2016 season comes to a close for 4 teams lets have some predictions/wishes for next seasons teams. Try and build these within this seasons points limit still using current greensheet average which can be found at http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_27.pdf.

I know the playoffs are still yet to come but this is just a bit of fun and seeing what people think might happen. Would not mind if people put in some ideas for perhaps new teams such as Glasgow or anyone else coming up. Glasgow tried to sign Darcy Ward last year so well they have money to spend.

Speedway needs a transfer rumour page and well here it is. Considering as they said on Sky last night most promoters will have an idea what they want. Please may someone just say what the point limit was from last year because it is somewhere around 42 but i'm not sure.

Edited by poolebolton

As the 2016 season comes to a close for 4 teams lets have some predictions/wishes for next seasons teams. Try and build these within this seasons points limit still using current greensheet average which can be found at http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_27.pdf.

I know the playoffs are still yet to come but this is just a bit of fun and seeing what people think might happen.

Sorry mate, but the play off's are deadly serious, well for us they are anyway..

Edited by Starman2006

Possibly cook/king and starke for batch and s worrall? Would give a strong top 4, and an okish bottom 3.

Still think batch and bjerre would be bargain signings, particular the latter

A lot will depend on the structure of next year's teams and rule changes. Lots of rumours of 6 men teams so riders are shared out more. Also the heatleader list looks like it will be scrapped already. Will there be a draft list.

I'm all for a bit of fun, but I think there are far more too think about next year than Team Selection. As per normal, secret plans are in the process of being made to rejuvenises the sport. What direction they go we can only guess. I've heard talk of 6 man teams; also that race nights to be on specific days; and a squad system that will illuminate guests. How all these will be implemented will be interesting to say the least..

My main concern is the equality of all the teams. Now that the averages mean nothing, we have no laid down value of riders ability. When they allow our World Champion in come in on a 7 CMA and see Ellis scoring more than 7 heat leaders, you can only marvel at the permutations on show.

Funny - probably; Exciting - sometimes; Equality - Never.......

• Like 1

Doyle is already confirmed for Swindon as he has signed a 2year deal.

Andersen signed a 2year deal with Poole

I can't see Andersen riding for Poole next season. Rumour had it that he had to make plus 8 to ride again. I would quite like to see 6 man team with squad system. I guess that would mean 1 reserve type of rider. However,I think they will remain with 7 man teams probs be to confusing for sky to change there coverage graphics on the screen.

Poole go with 1.Magic J 2.J Holder 3.Shamek P 4.V.Milik 5.A.Lindback 6.Adam Ellis.

• Like 1

I can't see Andersen riding for Poole next season. Rumour had it that he had to make plus 8 to ride again. I would quite like to see 6 man team with squad system. I guess that would mean 1 reserve type of rider. However,I think they will remain with 7 man teams probs be to confusing for sky to change there coverage graphics on the screen.

Poole go with 1.Magic J 2.J Holder 3.Shamek P 4.V.Milik 5.A.Lindback 6.Adam Ellis.

Sound like a good team though the chances of Magic and Lindback riding here must be close to zero

• Like 2

I'm all for a bit of fun, but I think there are far more too think about next year than Team Selection. As per normal, secret plans are in the process of being made to rejuvenises the sport. What direction they go we can only guess. I've heard talk of 6 man teams; also that race nights to be on specific days; and a squad system that will illuminate guests. How all these will be implemented will be interesting to say the least..

Now that's a bright idea :D.Are they going to hang christmas tree lights on the guests :wink:

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

Lindback has said he wants to ride over here and magic wants to come back. He might go all three next year. Next season Poole will pick between Magic, Lindback and KK. Holder all not ride in the UK he said. Can see Matt picking two big boys with mini holder and Brady being around.

I would quite like to see 6 man team with squad system. I guess that would mean 1 reserve type of rider.

6-man teams would presumably include two draft riders, firstly due to cost and secondly to avoid half the current draft being out of a job.