British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Brady, Todd and Alex Davies just fits, with Lambert at reserve too :P

1 Brady Kurtz 7.65

2 Todd Kurtz 5.76

3 Alex Davies 5.41 (Maybe Nicolai Klindt or Joe Jacobs?)

4 Kenneth Hansen 6.74

5 Ulrich Ostergaard © 7.14

6 Simon Lambert 5.26

7 Tom Bacon 2.00 GBR

Total: 39.96

dont you need another brit in there or have i missed something ?

dont you need another brit in there or have i missed something ?

6. Simon Lambert 5.26
  • Like 2

If he have brady kurtz and j holder who else could we fit in

A rider upto 4.04. It's not going to matter though as we know the 3 riders really whether we agree or not

A rider upto 4.04. It's not going to matter though as we know the 3 riders really whether we agree or not

95% of us do agree and are happy with it , so to the5% hard luck.

• Like 1

Eddie Kennett - if he is looking to double up where else could he go apart from EOES? Edinburgh a long trek after Fri meeting back to Hoddesdon for Rye on Saturday. Working to not a sat night track & can't see him at Red-carpet.

I've got another 3.....

Holder, Starke and BWD

Keep posting, they will get it eventually.
  • Like 2

One of them is correct

It is as below according to Panthers89. Some big question marks for me if that's going to be a promotion winning side,but I hope it comes off.

1 Holder

2 Lambert

3 Hansen

4 Starke

5 Ostergaard

6 Wilson-Dean

7 Bacon

The only question mark for me is can 1 of the top 4 step up to the mythical 'proper no1' status.

If so that side should be serious contenders.

Even if they dont the extra strength at reserve between Lambert and BWD should even that out to be more than competetive.

A consistently prepared home circuit is probably the most important factor. If it changes from week to week you will get some indifferent performances and could still slip up unexpectedly.

Anybody not happy with that side in the context of the league set up for 2017 is bordering on the delusional...😯

• Like 3

It is as below according to Panthers89. Some big question marks for me if that's going to be a promotion winning side,but I hope it comes off.

1 Holder 8.50

2 Lambert 6.00

3 Hansen 7.50

4 Starke 7.00

5 Ostergaard 7.50

6 Wilson-Dean 6.00

7 Bacon 3.00

I've added above what I think the averages could end up come the end of the season, without injuries and a consistent home track. I think that's very realistic.

• Like 1

I've added above what I think the averages could end up come the end of the season, without injuries and a consistent home track. I think that's very realistic.

1 Holder

2 Lambert

3 Hansen

4 Starke

5 Ostergaard

6 Wilson-Dean

7 Bacon

Forget this promotion business , it means absolutely nothing, regardless where Panthers finish in the league . If Panthers want to join the premier league in 2018 I would imagine they would be welcomed with open arms same applies to all teams though I wouldn't imagine apart from Ipswich there would be any other takers as travel costs and increase in riders salaries would swallow up all the extra sky deal payments

1 Holder 8.00 - Needs to kick on. He's been a mid 7 pointer for a couple of years now and will also be riding for Poole which could put a strain on his body and equipment.

2 Lambert 5.00 - Now 27 and hasn't averaged over 5.50 in the PL. Is kind of now or never and needs to stay fit.

3 Hansen 7.00 - Needs to sort his away form out. Home form will be like a number 1 but needs to score his average away then he could challenge for the 1 jacket

4 Starke 6.50 can't see much change. He will be solid and reliable but has to learn a new home track.

5 Ostergaard 7.50 - The potential weak link of the side. He's always been inconsistent and at 35 that's not going to change. If he could push to average 8 it'd be a good season.

6 Wilson-Dean 6.00 - Will simply have to win heat 2 at each and every track given who'll he be riding against on a 5 point average.

7 Bacon 2.00 - I'd be happy if he scored 2 points a meeting. He should be one of the better 2 pointers.

Forget this promotion business , it means absolutely nothing, regardless where Panthers finish in the league . If Panthers want to join the premier league in 2018 I would imagine they would be welcomed with open arms same applies to all teams though I wouldn't imagine apart from Ipswich there would be any other takers as travel costs and increase in riders salaries would swallow up all the extra sky deal payments

The gap in the leagues is minimal. All clubs have agreed to it and it's a good thing. Essentially the only difference is a top number 1 instead of a 2 point wobbler

The gate receipts from a couple of bank holiday local derbies alone would be enormous.

Edited by Flappy

When you read all the fun and games that's going on at Coventry at the moment its safe to say it seems Peterborough got lucky when Mick Horton left town

• Like 5