British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

BWD and Starke it will be. Todd Kurtz would be better than both IMO. Peterborough will struggle without a Good number 1 it proves it year in year out that teams who start with 7 point riders at Number1 don't work (Scunthorpe,Berwick etc)

Holder simply has to kick on to become a 9 pointer and BWD must clean up at reserve to stand any chance

Some of Holder's scores this season were abysmal, same as the season before. That's why he finished his second consecutive season as an inconsistent 7 pointer. There was no improvement this year at all so it remains to be seen whether he's actually good enough to be the consistent number 1 Peterborough will need.

Edited by Steve Irving

Holder simply has to kick on to become a 9 pointer and BWD must clean up at reserve to stand any chance

that will not happen with holder, look at 9 point riders King,Kennett,Grajzconek,Lambert,Worralls and he isn't as good as any of them yet

Some of Holder's scores this season were abysmal, same as the season before. That's why he finished his second consecutive season as an inconsistent 7 pointer. There was no improvement this year at all so it remains to be seen whether he's actually good enough to be the consistent number 1 Peterborough will need.

Seems to me that opposing supporters are more worried about Panthers 2017 team selections than Panthers fans are .

• Like 3

Seems to me that opposing supporters are more worried about Panthers 2017 team selections than Panthers fans are .

I doubt that very much. Supporters of all clubs have had their say on all teams threads so you've not been reserved for special treatment so you can step down from that high horse you're riding 🙄

"Worried"? LOL. Peterborough are one of only three clubs that are left incomplete so naturally those threads are going to attract most interest as there's little to discuss on the others.

Unless you think as it's a Peterborough thread, only Peterborough supporters should share their views here?

I doubt that very much. Supporters of all clubs have had their say on all teams threads so you've not been reserved for special treatment so you can step down from that high horse you're riding

What high horse is that about then , as the only concerns I would have about teams coming to the showground are from Glasgow who seem to have built a top notch team and maybe Sheffield when they've finished team building ,the rest no problem.

Unless you think as it's a Peterborough thread, only Peterborough supporters should share their views here?

If that was the case then we wouldn't be in 3 figures of pages thats for sure

I doubt that very much. Supporters of all clubs have had their say on all teams threads so you've not been reserved for special treatment so you can step down from that high horse you're riding 🙄

If Rory Schlein comes off the Ipswich look good as well.

I'll say it again... why Paul Starke? In which meeting at the Showground did he look really good?

Have you got another record in your collection?

I think this one is a bit scratched.

• Like 6

Think Ged has messed up again.

J. Holder wont average 9.00 for starters. Jack hasn't upped his average in 2 years.

Lambert coming back from a serious injury so could take time to settle

Hansen cant ride away tracks.

Starke has never pulled up any trees around the EOES

Ostergaard is on the decline and wont improve

Nothing wrong with the reserves but I wont matter because their isn't a reliable leader on and off the track in the Panthers line-up. Cant believe Ged has possibly turned down Harris for a 5.00 rider at reserve when other teams are going weak at reserve.

Should not have signed Ostergaard if the plan was to have a 5.00 rider at reserve.

It's so easy to pick faults with any team and be pessimistic , take a look around at other teams and you will be able to find a chink here and there, for instance take a look at Glasgow who I rate as an excellent team that's been put together , Bewley coming back from a serious accident and not now being at reserve big jump for the lad and it could dent his confidence Schlein at Ipswich also coming back from serious injury as an example , they are all gambles worth taking the chance with IMO, and I have no problem with plans so far. All teams take a gamble on what riders will do for them and I see Panthers being no different

• Like 5

It's so easy to pick faults with any team and be pessimistic , take a look around at other teams and you will be able to find a chink here and there, for instance take a look at Glasgow who I rate as an excellent team that's been put together , Bewley coming back from a serious accident and not now being at reserve big jump for the lad and it could dent his confidence Schlein at Ipswich also coming back from serious injury as an example , they are all gambles worth taking the chance with IMO, and I have no problem with plans so far. All teams take a gamble on what riders will do for them and I see Panthers being no different

indeed - if teams only picked riders that were fully fit and sure to up their average we would only need 1 league and 2 teams. Even then 1 would fail to live up to expectations!
  • Like 1

If it's Bomber it's a showcase signing and people will be 😁..if it's Starke and BWD it will be like 😑.

• Like 1

Number 1 required, however we're not going to get it.

BWD didn't exactly tear it uo away from home last season either and lost to quite a few lower averaged reserves in heat 2 away.

Starke solid but not spectacular

Think you'll find he had never seen any of the tracks as it was his first season in the PL, so can't expect him to be dynamite everywhere when he had never seen the tracks before. Went all season with a 5.8+ average until the last 2 league meetings of the season where he dropped it to 5.02 I believe. He will finish the season with a 6.00+ average and will end at number 2, Lambo will drop to reserve. Guaranteed it.