Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Has anyone asked Holder If he wants to race in Poland or not? And I take it the Polish club will look for another squad member.

Edited by baldyman

Has anyone asked Holder If he wants to race in Poland or not? And I take it the Polish club will look for another squad member.

I presume Torun did & I presume Holder does. Why else would they

a. offer him a contract

b. he sign a contract

c. they insist he is available for all matches

Edited by Noodles

It's a bit tough really as Holder needs british racing to obtain a work permit.

Holder also has never ridden in poland so he will be nothing more than a squad rider

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

I think his brother and Darcy on twitter are telling it how it is, in their eyes Poland should get priority, but for jack, he should race here first

I think his brother and Darcy on twitter are telling it how it is, in their eyes Poland should get priority, but for jack, he should race here first

Jack no longer riding in poland this season according to chris holder

Is p&p tomorrow, Friday 17th?

Yes

• Like 1

Thanks. Think I'll treat myself. Be nice to see the Racers' hero of 2008 on track.

Anyone go to press and practice? Was the track change noticeable? Can only make a brilliant track even better.

• Like 1

It's certainly was being ridden hard by the team at the practice but was probably slicker than usual.

I dare say it will be restored to its usual standard for tomorrow's match after today's practice meeting.

Looks like Panthers have decided on their riding order of.

1 Holder

2 Lambert

3 starke

4 Ostergaard

5 Hansen

6 BWD

7 Bacon

Edited by Flappy

Big crowd; must have been 3,000+. Really happy for Panthers and especially for Ged. It will give the club a nice financial boost at the start of the new season.

I usually rock up about 5 minutes before the start and there's only half-a-dozen or so waiting to pay. I figured it'd be wise to be earlier today and so I arrived about half an hour before the start. Jeez, it was a real shock to see a truly massive queue! It was several deep and stretched almost the the far end of the car-park.

There were loads of Cov fans at the EoES today, probably about half the crowd. Good for them :t: And it was great to hear the positive vibes coming across in all the interviews.

TBH, there wasn't much excitement on the track, although it did warm up a bit in the closing heats. Cov were too good for Panthers and let's be honest, with King & K.Bjerre they were always favourites to win it. But the result wasn't the important thing; the main thing is that Cov are still alive & kicking. And for Panthers it was about giving the riders competitive track-time, especially the new ones.

Up The Panthers..... and all the best to the Bees! :cheers:

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 8

Big crowd; must have been 3,000+. Really happy for Panthers and especially for Ged. It will give the club a nice financial boost at the start of the new season.

I usually rock up about 5 minutes before the start and there's only half-a-dozen or so waiting to pay. I figured it'd be wise to be earlier today and so I arrived about half an hour before the start. Jeez, it was a real shock to see a truly massive queue! It was several deep and stretched almost the the far end of the car-park.

There were loads of Cov fans at the EoES today, probably about half the crowd. Good for them :t: And it was great to hear the positive vibes coming across in all the interviews.

TBH, there wasn't much excitement on the track, although it did warm up a bit in the closing heats. Cov were too good for Panthers and let's be honest, with King & K.Bjerre they were always favourites to win it. But the result wasn't the important thing; the main thing is that Cov are still alive & kicking. And for Panthers it was about giving the riders competitive track-time, especially the new ones.

Up The Panthers..... and all the best to the Bees! :cheers:

Biggest let down for me was referee Christina Turnbull she missed at least a couple of races where riders got a rolling start , twice she got the finishing order of racing wrong and to bring all four riders back for an unsatisfactory start in heat one just as riders where exiting second bend was beyond belief , think she needs to go to specsavers or pack up altogether. The track wasn't brilliant seemed quite slick and a blue groove developed mid meeting on the fourth bend but i suppose it's still bedding in and should I hope ride a lot better on Friday. Generally it was a good meeting with large crowd against a very strong Coventry line up and it was good to see Ged go over to the Bees supporters on the back straight and give them a round of applause.

• Like 1

Enjoyed today, weather stayed dry, a very good crowd, great to meet up with friends, Well done Coventry such a shame that they are not racing this season..

Up the Panthers