British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

This is the CORRECT definition for Peterborough according to Wikipedia. I have no argument with it:

"The Peterborough Panthers are a British speedway team based in Peterborough, England. They were the Elite League champions in 1999 and 2006. Peterborough have also won the Premier League Four-Team Championship on five occasions." Wikipedia

However, in today's 'Daily Mirror' there is a Peterborough item in regard to tonight's (Monday, April 17, 2017) match against Ipswich. The story deals with injuries to Ulrich Ostergaard, Paul Starke and Kenneth Hansen. The heading reads:

Injury wave

hits Pirates

Edited by Guest

This is the CORRECT definition for Peterborough according to Wikipedia. I have no argument with it:

"The Peterborough Panthers are a British speedway team based in Peterborough, England. They were the Elite League champions in 1999 and 2006. Peterborough have also won the Premier League Four-Team Championship on five occasions." Wikipedia

However, in today's 'Daily Mirror' there is a Peterborough item in regard to tonight's (Monday, April 17, 2017) match against Ipswich. The story deals with injuries to Ulrich Ostergaard, Paul Starke and Kenneth Hansen. The heading reads:

Injury wave

hits Pirates

Local paper often calls them the Phantoms (local ice dancing team) so I wouldn't worry about it. Technically we were the Pirates until Readypower jacked in both.

• Like 1

Lambert and Bacon really struggling at present

That's putting it mildly. Think Ged has got it badly wrong with Bacon...

• Like 1

Lambert has to go sorry

No your not sorry you never wanted him in the first place and any bad score he gets you and J. Corbyn fan are ready to weald the axe on him . What was it you said last week (we win as a team we lose as a team )

No your not sorry you never wanted him in the first place and any bad score he gets you and J. Corbyn fan are ready to weald the axe on him . What was it you said last week (we win as a team we lose as a team )

He's not good enough. This team could potentially challenge for trophies if we're ruthless.

He's not good enough. This team could potentially challenge for trophies if we're ruthless.

You mean like last season now that was ruthless and then look what happened.

You mean like last season now that was ruthless and then look what happened.

What Ostergaard lost form and Thomsen didn't score the big points expected?

What Ostergaard lost form and Thomsen didn't score the big points expected?

We also had to carry Holob Halsey and Hall, who in my opinion gave us the worst bottom end strength in the league.

• Like 1

We also had to carry Holob Halsey and Hall, who in my opinion gave us the worst bottom end strength in the league.

I'm not saying go top heavy, we are being let let down by carrying two riders, one who is on a 5 average and currently averages about 2.

• Like 1

I'm not saying go top heavy, we are being let let down by carrying two riders, one who is on a 5 average and currently averages about 2.

I think Panthers would be hard pushed to find a replacement who could do a better job on a 5.26 average . Best to give Lambert the chance to get his form back , remember this team was built to be strong at home and when Simon is on form he's definitely worth his place around the Showground and the same applies to Hansen .

I think Panthers would be hard pushed to find a replacement who could do a better job on a 5.26 average . Best to give Lambert the chance to get his form back , remember this team was built to be strong at home and when Simon is on form he's definitely worth his place around the Showground and the same applies to Hansen .

Even if like tonight it's costing us points? Only the top 4 make the play offs and he's going backwards.

Bacon too really is struggling too

Remember changes can't be made after may this season

Even if like tonight it's costing us points? Only the top 4 make the play offs and he's going backwards.

Bacon too really is struggling too

Remember changes can't be made after may this season

Again where are you going to find replacements that will do any better .

I tend to agree there's no need to panic just yet but if he doesn't show any sign of improvement in the next 3 home meetings there gonna have to make a decision on him , I can remember when hougaard was riding poop for us , everyone was calling for his head they stuck by him and he turned it around ..We'll just have to hope lambert can , else we're looking at riders like boxhall, huckenbeck, kasper lykee ,Robert mear

i'd be more worried about bacon myself

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 2