British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Holder missing the Newcastle meeting

is that confirmed yet ??? , it wouldn't be a shock to me if he didn't ride Saturday could have 24 hour food poisoning after eating some iffy haggis Friday :rolleyes:

is that confirmed yet ??? , it wouldn't be a shock to me if he didn't ride Saturday could have 24 hour food poisoning after eating some iffy haggis Friday :rolleyes:

http://peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3160.2

Confirmed here that Holder will miss the meetings at Newcastle and Scunthorpe, for which IMO Peterborough should receive no facility.

From that statement they have given up on the play offs anyway..which is poor IMO.. as I hadn't.

• Like 2

If he had 24 hour food poisoning he couldn't ride anywhere else (eg Poland!!)

Holder will only be missing if Torun use him.

That's not a certainty.

wow , how long did it take you to come up with that little beauty ?

i only use toilet roll when i go to the toilet !

Total farce all round and all of British Speedway's own doing!

Doubling up a good idea in principal but proper fixture planning required, teams don't ride for weeks on end then we get a fixture clash to deprive fans seeing a rider!

Ref: Holder, if Ged Rathbone was one of the BSPA's favourites - something completely different would have been conjured up, but he isn't! For him, makes business sense - Holder not riding in Away fixtures replaced by a 3pt junior - means a lot less expense for Peterborough! When I was involved with Reading, this happened several times, especially in 2003 with Janusz Kolodziej, the fine for showing up with a weakened team and paying a local 3 pointer a lot cheaper than sending JK to Sheffield for example.

Not fair on the fans I agree - but when has British Speedway ever had any regard for it's fans?

Final point - lots of people transfixed with overseas riders and their commitment to British Speedway, start by concentrating on British riders, those who are committed to earning a fair living by riding in their home country as their priority! How many half decent British riders have quit or are on sidelines because of averages etc?

Concentrate on them not someone who uses British Speedway as a stepping stone along with his fellow countrymen who then moan, whinge and bicker constantly about British speedway when in fact it was the British leagues that created their development opportunity in the first place!

• Like 8

http://peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3160.2

Confirmed here that Holder will miss the meetings at Newcastle and Scunthorpe, for which IMO Peterborough should receive no facility.

They won't other than a NL guest. There is no agreement between the polish federation and the BSPA. Especially since the Newcastle and Scunthorpe fixtures were in the diary before he agreed the deal with Torun and are not re-arranged fixtures (to the best of my knowledge).

That statement says no such thing......

Quite right the statement as you say says no such thing and is old news anyway. Not clear why someone should raise this now especially when their assertions are wrong. It may well be that Holder will miss those meetings but it does not say so in the statement.

Starke involved in a big crash at Poole so that's him probably out also for Northern tour..Holder 2 from 4 rides so far...Can't help but find it funny though that Poole are getting hammered by R.House with KK on a max.

Edited by Lukas

Starke involved in a big crash at Poole so that's him probably out also for Northern tour..Holder 2 from 4 rides so far...Can't help but find it funny though that Poole are getting hammered by R.House with KK on a max.

I blame the BSPA ..

well they seem to get the blame for everything else

• Like 1

I blame the BSPA ..

well they seem to get the blame for everything else

Because they deserve it

Because they deserve it

what have they done now?

(or are you thinking of the SCB)

• Like 1

I don't know whether it was just all talk or mind games last weekend about giving up on the play offs but the fact is this..if we go and win all 3 matches on the Northern tour this weekend we will be 3 points off a play off place!. unlikely but certainly doable with Berwick and Newcastle's form Masters being out for Edinburgh.

Edited by Lukas